tattoo design

SimplyHung: Last night, I decided to finally draw up the tattoo I've been wanting. Sorry about the poor picture quality; I was reduced to getting it on the computer via webcam.

balancetat1.jpg

balancetat2.jpg

The cross will be in a sapphire blue, and made to look smooth crystalline (as though it's actually made of sapphire). The star in the middle will be a deep blood red, but with the black outline still visible. The wings, I'm undecided on. I might cut them out all together.

7x6andchg: SimplyHung-

Where are you going to get it? (On your body, I mean, not location of the shop)

Also - the pentagram has a Satanistic symbolism to it - which may or may not matter to you - but if you were to, let's say, walk past a convention of devout people you might get a few stares...

I like the design of the whole thing overall though - very nicely planned.

Do you have any others or will this be your first?

7x6&C

SimplyHung: Yeh, I'm aware what the pentagram means. Funny, that's the thing that most people pick out. It's a cross (holy symbol) around a pentagram (unholy symbol), the Balance of good and evil, blessëd and cursëd.
I'm still trying to decide where to get it. I've been told it'd be a good middle-of-the-chest tattoo. It'll be my first one.
Frankly, I don't care if it offends a bunch of hardcore Christians. It could offend anti-Christians and Satanists just the same. But it's just a symbol of the truth. Good and evil, one can't exist without the other, and we're all inherently both.

awellhungboi: I like that! I think it's cool that you've been able to devise a symbol that characterizes your beliefs. It's like you've devised your own yin/yang symbol. Very creative!

I agree, I think you should get it on your chest, or over your heart. As you probably know the 'upside down' pentagram isn't necessarily evil. When the point is upward it's to symbolize that the focus is on the spiritual--when down that the focus is on the material and the earthly. I think of it more as like a light switch--the 'top' is 'on' or 'spirit' and *click* 'down' is 'off' or 'earth'. Good and evil doesn't have to come into it at all.

When you get it done snap a pic and let us see!

7x6andchg: I didn't say you had to care - merely pointing it out just in case you hadn't thought of it...on ne sait jamais...some people just like stars.

Like I said, I really like it - more so now that you've provided your reasoning for it....I always like tattoos that have explanations.

Chest, eh? Well I can tell you from my experience (which is not equal to everyone's) that would likely be one of the least painful places to get one - I've got two - both shoulder/upper arms, and the farther it is from the bone the less it hurts. And to be honest, it doesn't hurt THAT much, either. At least I didn't think so.

Welcome to the world of the inked.

7x6&C

sammygirly: Mine...it's the BDSM logo, lower middle back. I didn't mind the procedure at all and didn't find it hurt much really.  Your design is nice!  Welcome to the tattooed!

Careful...once you start....it's hard not to want another...and another...I've already planned my next...

blah2.jpg

7x6andchg: I'll second that. Look for my avatar to change to the tattoo on the L arm soon.... and still I want another....and another....and another...

Ink is GREAT.

7x6&C

prepstudinsc: I've got two tattoos...one on my inside right ankle and one on the outside. The first one was done on a dare--the inside ankle, it's a stylized cross. The second one I had done a couple weeks later, and it's just a small geometric design. I've had them for going on 10 years now, and I'm ready for another. Mine aren't really big, and they're not very complex designs, either, so I would rank the pain level rather low. It didn't hurt any more than walking through the woods and getting your ankles scratched up by some thorny bushes. After about an hour, the pain was completely gone. Good luck on having yours done.