Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some are cool, but way to many people are getting them without any thought. I see more people at the gym with just one mistake after another. I came from a town where old army guys had these from WW2 and they always told the kids never get one. The kids at school hated their parent showing up if one was exposed. I just can't get over what they looked like on these guys and the social stigma attached. I can't get over that experience to see them as fresh again. So many of my 14 year old students have these now and I always think what taste did you have at 14 that you still have as adult. No offense gents, so many of you have these beautiful bodies and I know you love your ink. I'm glad you enjoy it all.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh believe me MB, I've checked out that ass several times... :biggrin1: but the tattoo isn't clear on that shot.

(Basically, this is just a thinly-veiled excuse to get you to post more pics :up:)

Veiled excuse noted. :biggrin1: I'll take a pic when I get batteries for the camera.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some are cool, but way to many people are getting them without any thought. I see more people at the gym with just one mistake after another. I came from a town where old army guys had these from WW2 and they always told the kids never get one. The kids at school hated their parent showing up if one was exposed. I just can't get over what they looked like on these guys and the social stigma attached. I can't get over that experience to see them as fresh again. So many of my 14 year old students have these now and I always think what taste did you have at 14 that you still have as adult. No offense gents, so many of you have these beautiful bodies and I know you love your ink. I'm glad you enjoy it all.

You make a good point - tattoos have become trendy and have lost their 'underground' appeal, and the original meaning of some tats have been lost in the fray also. For example, those barbed wire tattoos on biceps that were all the rage a couple of years ago. Those were originally jailhouse ink and each barb used to represent a year spent in jail. I cringe everytime I see one on a skinny college kid (that would't last four seconds in prison). Same for spiderweb tats on elbows. Yes, they look great, but they've always been used to signify a racial killing for neo-nazis, so goddamn it, think twice before you get a tattoo, you silly kids. Better yet - go see your tattoo artist and work something original with him instead of just getting a tat to look trendy.

Alright, I'm stepping off the soap box now. :biggrin1:

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm probably showing my age but, I think you can definitely go to far. Of course that's just my opinion. I can't help but think of what they will look like when you get old.

If the ink was done properly, the tattoo hasn't been overexposed to the sun in the first few months of being done and it was treated properly with plenty of Vitamin E, then it'll still look great 40 years from now. Your skin might get wrinkly, but the tat iself will still look good. The ink you see on older guys (mostly ex-cons and veterans) were done with poor equipement and were not given the time to heal properly. Tattoo artists now have to be accredited and they do a bang up job on them. No need to worry about that. :wink:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only have one tat myself (and one carving(!)), and respect folks who get entire sleeves of tattoos. But for me, the effect is overwhelming -- the visual equivalent of having a hundred radios all tuned to different stations -- it makes it much harder to admire any individual tattoo.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Check my ass shot in the gallery.

Cute tattoo......gorgeous ass! :wink:

Hehe, please do. :biggrin1: Actually, I still think that tasteful and/or original tattoos are more important than quantity. That being said, most full sleeves I've seen where awesome, the most impressive probably being Joe Rogan's.

I like it. Is that what a biomechanical?? tattoo is? I didn't think they could do that much in one sitting.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i was at a work conference a few weeks ago in kansas city. in the hotel i stayed at, there was a tattoo convention.

seeing someone from neck to foot covered in "art" sorta grosses me out personally. one or two look hot. that chain looking tat around the upper arm gets thumbs up.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like it. Is that what a biomechanical?? tattoo is? I didn't think they could do that much in one sitting.

No, Joe Rogan's tat has very psychedelics-influenced themes in it (the third eye, mostly) - Rogan is sort of like me, a psychonaut. Must be why I like the guy so damn much. :biggrin1:

Here is what I meant by 'biomechanical'. It's a somewhat popular style of tattoo for guys that work in IT. Think of a cyborg with his skin peeling off and revealing his inner workings. It's very cyberpunk-ish. :wink:

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Holy fucking cow is it addictive !
I live 2 and a half hours drive from my tattoo artist or I'd be more covered.

Lower back jaguar with greenery, flowers, and a few little frogs
and
sunset colored sunburst around my navel - asymmetrical

Cube - you know some 14 yr olds with real tats ?
In TX anyone under 18 can't get one evenif their parent(s) are with them.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, Joe Rogan's tat has very psychedelics-influenced themes in it (the third eye, mostly) - Rogan is sort of like me, a psychonaut. Must be why I like the guy so damn much. :biggrin1:

Here is what I meant by 'biomechanical'. It's a somewhat popular style of tattoo for guys that work in IT. Think of a cyborg with his skin peeling off and revealing his inner workings. It's very cyberpunk-ish. :wink:

Alien con terminator! Cyborg-like

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Yep....that is exactly how I would have pictured a cyberpunk tattoo. :smile: Very cool.

And quit pushing my buttons, you big cyborg tease! :wink:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have two tattoos, and I think that's enough. They don't bother me, not on a woman and not on a guy, but they must be decent, and they must be unique. I see so many serial motives, most of them being those tribals, barbed wires, etc., that I could not attach an individual meaning to. In that case, I think they are not necessary.

The other thing I detest are those horror shows that some bear. That ranges from abnormal practices such as extreme piercings or destructive techniques to monster motives. I am no big buff of horror movies anyways, and sleeping next to a bunch of horror visages scares me off.

These three things are what I would call going overboard, and yes, one can do it, and no, I don't like it.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I do think tat's can go too far. I guess I'm old fashion. I wanted one probably still do then I'll have to stop for fuel at a truck stop go in to pay and see a driver inked, covered head to toe and change my mind again. When I was younger and into the 'bar' scene, the bouncer had a few tat's and one in particular he was very fond of showing. He had his dick tattoo'd like a barber pole. A red sprial and a blue spiral. He wasn't circumcised and when he would pull the skin back it looked like the white ball on top. Now this is where it goes too far. On the head of his dick he had Barbasol tattoo'd... no shit. I have no idea what kind of drugs he was doing to have all that done, but he was damn proud of it.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, Wyldgusechaz, does your gorgeous girl have a tattoo?

She is only a friend with bennies.

Taking apps for a full time *friend* :smile: Got to be addicted to *24*, Boston Legal, the mountains, secluded hot springs sex, and Tuscany. Needs to look insanely hot on the back of a Harley. Old school funk, the Pretenders (Chrissy Hynde).

Has to LOVE kissing and know how. Kind of a big list huh?

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tattoos are great imo. My only gripe is when people get covered with tattoos that don't connect in significance or otherwise. If someone has a large tribal on their arm next to a USMC bulldog, then three roses with a monkey and a 24" rim spinning with flames coming out of the monkey's head...that's just not cool.

I like sleeves or covering body art to have a continuous "theme" or meaning or significance of something. Not just random "because I felt like it" tattoos everywhere.