Tattoos: Can one go overboard?

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Im surprised nobody has mentioned the delectable Wentworth Miller(prison break) in this thread yet. Now there was a body that was not diminished by the art that adorned it

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a buddy who is one of the top wild life artists ever and he paints birds of prey exquisitely. Goshawks especially well. However, thats the standard a tat artist would have to hit and anything less would be a sure dissappointment.

Hence no art on this bod so far.

diamond

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got my first tattoo when I was 17 ( it defnitely needs to be re-inked) I am currently working with a very good tattoo artist in order to sketch up a lower back piece that I want in black and white, with the old style pin up girl ( heavy metal magazine type)...anyways when the idea has come to fruition on paper I will share.

D

dgray610

I am up to 9 tattoos myself-- I started with one when I turned 18-- they are VERY addicting, lol.

Now, I've gotten one for every birthday since I was 18 (though I'm 25...a few other ones were to mark signifigant life events).

So for me, the annual birthday tattoo is something symbolic of the year that just passed...

But like eveyone said, it al is in the eye of the beholder. Some people look good with them, others don't. Some can pull of the sleeve look, others can't.

I say to each his own. I judge people's appearence/tattoo look on a case by case basis.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I only have one tat myself (and one carving(!)), and respect folks who get entire sleeves of tattoos. But for me, the effect is overwhelming -- the visual equivalent of having a hundred radios all tuned to different stations -- it makes it much harder to admire any individual tattoo.

Ow! How big is the carving and do they numb the area? How do they do it?

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I know people who have done that, and how have been branded.
fucking retarded.

Carving is not something I would be brave enough to do, but it's been around for centuries. It makes me hurt!

I've done research on branding because of my experience in the D/s lifestyle. It's something I would consider the man I was with really wanted it and it was a committed relationship. However, I would prefer a tattoo.

Now, how are we going to get burns1de to you to assist with taking those tattoo photos, thus allowing me to video the close up and personal process....hmmmm? Don't worry. I'll write you both a check! :wink:

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you are going to get branded for another, it better be a committed relationship.

Reminds me of an old saying about a bacon and egg breakfast:

"The chicken makes a nice contribtion to the meal but the pig is truly committed."

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If you are going to get branded for another, it better be a committed relationship.

Reminds me of an old saying about a bacon and egg breakfast:

"The chicken makes a nice contribtion to the meal but the pig is truly committed."

Agreed, which is why I stated that in the post....:smile: I would never do it or get a tattoo, neither of which would ever be in a prominent place, without complete belief in the relationship. Since I was in one before he passed away, I know they exist, but it would take quite a bit of time together before I would do it.

There is also a lot that can go wrong, so it would not be taken lightly by any means.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think tattoos should be like make up, they should accentuate your natural features not overpower them, one or two or even more discreet ones or ones that follow and complement the natural good features of your body are cool, but when the tattoos are so overpowering they become what the onlookers eye focuses on I think they've gone too far.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think tattoos should be like make up, they should accentuate your natural features not overpower them, one or two or even more discreet ones or ones that follow and complement the natural good features of your body are cool, but when the tattoos are so overpowering they become what the onlookers eye focuses on I think they've gone too far.

Depends on how you see the use for tattoos and the body. To me, my body is a canvas and tattoos are a way of expressing myself on it. I don't think there's no such thing as too little or too many tattoos, for that reason. It depends on the person.

DiegoID

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
swede82: Ok you found two very good reasons why never to let your friends talk you into a "Funny" tattoo.

burns1de and DJG: I totally have a nerd-crush on both of you. I would love to see all of your tats!

As far as Tattoos go, yes you can go too far. Getting your whole head or Face done is too much! I think that often a neck or hand tattoo makes it difficult for a person to be in a white collar profession. Nothing says Ghetto like "Michelle" scrawled on your neck, or CRIPS in old english on your stomach.

I've got one currently, it's relatively small, and has great meaning. Yes I am planning on getting more done, but i've had a lot of problems getting the right artist. Usually they want more control over the project, but I'm the one that has to live with it the rest of my life. Prissy artists who won't change their designs to my liking suck.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
burns1de and DJG: I totally have a nerd-crush on both of you. I would love to see all of your tats!

What's a nerd-crush, as opposed to a regular crush? :confused: Thank anyway. :biggrin1:

As far as Tattoos go, yes you can go too far. Getting your whole head or Face done is too much! I think that often a neck or hand tattoo makes it difficult for a person to be in a white collar profession. Nothing says Ghetto like "Michelle" scrawled on your neck, or CRIPS in old english on your stomach.

Well, that's the thing - people who get neck and/or (especially) face tattoos usually aren't interested in the dreary, menial life of white collar jobs. So good for them.[/quote]

bboy24

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My pops has tattoos all over his arms. Mostly biker tatts from when him and my old lady were runnin' around with The Hell's Angel. He also has my mom's name on his arm.
I'm savin' up to get some tatts. I've wanted them ever since I was two years old.
When I get them, maybe I'll post some pics and you guys can tell me what you think.