Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Big tattoos turn me off

Votes: 54 42.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lambcom

Experimental Member
Media
I can't help notice that an increasing number of all ages, but especially under 40 are sporting tattoos. I'm not talking here about a discrete little butterfly on the breast or thigh, but the honking big tattoos that cover most of an arm, the back, leg or other part of the anatomy.

Do you first see the tattoo, do you find it a turn on or a turn off. Does it excite you sexually or make you wilt? And why?

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
I can't help notice that an increasing number of all ages, but especially under 40 are sporting tattoos. I'm not talking here about a discrete little butterfly on the breast or thigh, but the honking big tattoos that cover most of an arm, the back, leg or other part of the anatomy.

Do you first see the tattoo, do you find it a turn on or a turn off. Does it excite you sexually or make you wilt? And why?

yea it's a turn on

see http://www.lpsg.org/members/katt.html

It can not be overkill ether other wise it's a turn off

FashionVictim

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I find it's the person sporting the tattoo that makes them attractive or not. Some people suit tattoos, others do not. Same applies to piercings and other bodily modification.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends on the person. Sometimes I think they are really hot and sometimes I don't like them that much. I really like some of the tribal tats. I have a tat, I've just never shown it on here.

irox19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me it depends on the person and their personality. If it's something cheesy like barb wire on the arm...that is just cheesy.

I have a small flower on the small of my back. Was going to get it removed, but now I want to expand it and have an explosion of flowers curve up my back or along my spine, haven't decided. I hope people find this hot.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't like tribal tattoos at all. I also don't like small tattoos either, though that one is much closer to indifferent. I also don't like the lower back tattoo aka the "tramp stamp", stupid name for it. Face tattoos are a no, I just enjoy a woman's face too much for that.

But I do like tattoos, but in order for me to like them, they have to be art. A small tattoo can be artful, but for the full effect I like them to be big, or to weave a tapestry. If it is art, it is a turn on for me. If it's just a tattoo, I wont really like it. Though it's not a deal breaker by any means.

irox19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But I do like tattoos, but in order for me to like them, they have to be art. A small tattoo can be artful, but for the full effect I like them to be big, or to weave a tapestry. If it is art, it is a turn on for me. If it's just a tattoo, I wont really like it. Though it's not a deal breaker by any means.

You said it best....art...or like a woven tapestry. That's exactly what I am going for.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What kind of flower do you have on your lower back? I hope you do expand it, if done right it could look amazing. Right now I'm imagining it as a sunflower, then more crawling up your back with nice greens and more yellows, etc. :tongue:

sendera1

Sexy Member
Media
I'm not really a big fan of tattoos. If they are small and tasteful in a discreet location then I have no problem with it. It seems to often be associated with people with no education. I work with a lot of people who are in all the different branches of the military. I was in the military so it's no surprise to see some tattoos, but these tattoos the kids are wearing now days are huge and exposed. I haven't kept up with all the rules and regulations on how big and wear the tattoos can go, or what you can and can't have before you go to Basic training. The men and the women both have these huge tattoos on their necks arms and everywhere. I'm sure their leaders were pleased to see that.
I was at the dentist office and saw what I guess would be called a 3-D tattoo. This guy had bought his child into the dentist office and was sitting in the waiting room. He had a tatoo of a snake on his forearm. Then he had some kind of body mortification under his skin that replicated the outline of the snake. I guess that's what you call an interesting conversation piece.

irox19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What kind of flower do you have on your lower back? I hope you do expand it, if done right it could look amazing. Right now I'm imagining it as a sunflower, then more crawling up your back with nice greens and more yellows, etc. :tongue:

It is a daisy of sorts (typical lower back tattoo at 18 to piss off my parents)....yes...I want to expand it and have it wind up in a delicate way with a few large flowers (like dahlias/gardenias) and have little explosions of other flowers...i don't want a ton of green and yellow...more of a burst of flowers rather than a vine...sort of like controlled chaos. But I also want to incorporate some stars, and a few other symbols/shapes/I like. I sort of want somewhere on there my eye...lol my own eye, somewhere in the midst of the flower bomb. Sounds like a mess right?

irox19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not really a big fan of tattoos. If they are small and tasteful in a discreet location then I have no problem with it. It seems to often be associated with people with no education.

This is exactly what my parents used to say...that it was trashy and for people who were in prison or uneducated. Oh well...I am getting my master's, so I think I've earned it. lol What I plan to do soon is just a way to express myself...and I am doing my back because I do not want something visible on a daily basis. Anyway, so my parents are now obsessed with Kat Von D on LA Ink. Go figure.