Tattoos

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
njqt-

We are all from the same tribe, no?

Stop with your "we want to be accepted" and still you try to separate yourself.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've got an image of a little man on my "little man." http://www.abadboy.com/amateur/images/2004/0406/486/040601ta01.jpg

http://www.abadboy.com/amateur/images/2004/0406/486/040601ta03.jpg

http://www.abadboy.com/amateur/images/2004/0406/486/040601ta02.jpg

These images were taken, while flacid, and freshly after the tattoo artis finished her work.

I had them done when I lived in St. Louis by a woman named Kay Zhon at a place called GoldenLand Tattoo & Piercing

I must confess that I was a bit nervious. Kay made me feel rather comfortable throughout the entire process.

SUPER! looks great. Now, WHAT THE FUCK IS IT??????

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Really? That's kinda close minded isn't it?
Tribe : A political, ethnic, or ancestral division of ancient states and cultures. Clan: Celtic group especially in the Scottish Highlands comprising a number of households whose heads claim descent from a common ancestor. Or does the Wu-Tang clan have that market cornered too? :rolleyes::tongue:
I actually graduated high school and college, I don't need you to be a glossary Wartrac.

I'm Scottish and Native American, those two make up 2/3s of my bloodline. White people have clans/tribes too.:wink:
As an art historian I am aware of the caucasian tribes and clans. I also find well done tattoos beautiful. I am forever complementing strangers on their ink when out and about. Much to my mothers chagrin. :biggrin1: However the 'tribal' tattoos which I so often see on white people appear to be South Pacific in origin. That is what I was referring to in my initial post and should have been more specific.

How disgustingly racist of you NJQT white man have no tribe my ass. Woman we have the celtic tribes, the germanic tribes, the viking/norse tribes, the gaulish tribes, the pictish tribes (which are a subset of the celtic tribes).
I'm not racist, I have a white boyfriend. :cool: More importantly, my family on my fathers side can be traced back to County Kilkenny in Ireland. Which explains dads hazels eyes. And the auburn hair and green eyes which many of my paternal cousins have.

But since you want to go all racist on our ass when was the last time YOU learnt anything about YOUR tribal heritage?
Been there done that, well over 20 years ago.

Oh and i have a tatt i should put a picture of it up one on my left should that is a mark of my spiritual journey and also linked to MY tribal and ancestral background. Its called an AWEN
Cool, which type of Awen do you have.

You know as well as I do that most young white kids who get a tribal tatt, get one of Polynesian origin because they think it's cool and they like the design. Very few take the time to research their own ancestry as you have.

The lack of response from NJ on this is somewhat curious.
I don't always come back to a thread I have posted in as I tend to post a lot. :redface: I had forgotten about this thread until I saw that Ed69 had posted a thread basically attacking me for my post here. :irked:

Actually...almost all tribal tattoo designs are variations of Celtic, Saxon and Norse design motifs.. ( of the ones that are not polynesian in origin )
You know as well as I do that most young white kids who get a tribal tatt get one of Polynesian origin because they think it's cool and they like the design.
In fact... what is funny is when African Americans get tribal tattoo designs that are celtic or norse.
I can trace my family back to County Kilkenny. It's actually easier for many blacks to trace their lineage back to the white family that owned them & often raped a female ancestor than to the African tribe where they originated because of slavery.:frown1::mad:

If you want to be true to your origins... MOST African tribes do not practice tattooing...
You know why don't you? Same reason you never see sky writing at night. :biggrin1: Trust me, the technology was there it just didn't make sense.
those that do body modifications more likely decorate their bodies with elaborate patterns of scarification... capitalizing on the tendency of darker skin to form bulbous keloid scars.
I am familiar with this practice as many tribes do this as part of a ceremony/initiation into man/womanhood.

Have one that is for my grandfather. I told the tattoo artist what I was looking for when I couldn't find anything that I really liked, so he drew out a couple different sketches for me. He was very good. I always get asked what it is.
It kinda looks like a lions head in profile. Am I close?:confused:

We are all from the same tribe, no?
Stop with your "we want to be accepted" and still you try to separate yourself.
You must have me confused with my militant brotha, marleyisalegend. I don't give a crap if you accept me. :biggrin1:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
[You know as well as I do that most young white kids who get a tribal tatt get one of Polynesian origin because they think it's cool and they like the design.

Actually, I know quite better than you that polynesian tattoos are really very rare among white kids... Real Polynesian tattoos are very dense designs that show very little skin color. Maori tattoos, in particular, cover the body from waist to knee with very complex and convoluted designs.
True polynesian tattoos feature bold heavy black elements that are repeated with small variations in size or proportion. Also lots of large spirals.

I see a lot of American Samoans with them... but I can not think of a single white boy I have seen with polynesian tattoos.

True African designs tend more to the geometric, and, as noted, few African tribes actually tattoo due to the dark color of their skin- they scarify.

Speaking as a design professional, the most common tribal tattoo styles I see on white boys AND black boys are modern elaborations of Celtic knots, and Norse themes. See attachments.

American boys and girls seem more interested in the more open, lacelike pure line designs inspired by these Northern European traditions.

For you to mistake European tribal design motifs for Polynesian would be like me mistaking Hip Hop for Bluegrass.

Seriously... I don't think your comment was so much racist, as it was ignorant. Showing no understanding whatsoever of European culture or history, and just assuming that the term "tribal" belongs to people of African heritage.

Attachments

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
PS-
the modern style of Pinstriping- see attachment- is ENTIRELY an elaboration of Celtic and Norse design motif.
Most modern "tribal" tattoos owe far more to this art heritage than any polynesian or african heritage.

Attachments

Why knot.

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Love tats on men & women.
Location isn't too important, but good art work is more important.
Nothing worse than seeing a crappy tattto.
For women, feet, lower back, tit-tats are a turn on.
Saw a gal yesterday, with a fairly large piece on the Tricep. You couldn't see it from the front, but as she walked past, it was visible from behind. WOW amazing IMO.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
As an art historian I am aware of the caucasian tribes and clans. I also find well done tattoos beautiful. I am forever complementing strangers on their ink when out and about. Much to my mothers chagrin. :biggrin1: However the 'tribal' tattoos which I so often see on white people appear to be South Pacific in origin. That is what I was referring to in my initial post and should have been more specific.

That's great. But the blanket general statement you made is something if made by someone else, you would make comments accusing them of racism. You need to practice what you preach, it sucks when someone jumps to conclusions regarding your opinion doesn't it?

I hope I loaded these correctly...just a few of my pieces.

Buddy Christ.........lol that's great, nice work.