Tattoo's!

mrplow2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone want to share off their tattoos?

I'm thinking seriously about getting one in the next few months.

What I want to get is the quote “insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." Albert Einstien said it, but it has also been attributed to Rita Mae Brown in her book Sudden Death (I think).

It holds alot of bearing with me because i'm in the process of changing my life around. I've stopped partying (drugs etc) and going back to school to finish off my marketing degree. I had a moment of clairvoyance when I read this quote. Personally, I think it's important to have something meaningfull as my first tattoo.

What kind of ink do you folks have done? I'd love to see some examples!

TaigaStar

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have the outline of a star on my right forearm, just before my elbow joint. I wanted a tattoo because I think they're cool and kinda sexy, and decided that my body had enough scars on it that I should at least put something aesthetically pleasing on my body. I picked the star because it was simple; I am very odd when it comes to enduring pain sensations and wanted something quick and minimal in the pain department (any sort of injection makes me want to scream bloody murder, yet I put an 8" dildo into my ass as my first sex toy- go figure, lol). I asked a lot of people, even in the tattoo place, how much it hurt when they got theirs--some said it was intense and they loved it, others said it didn't hurt that bad, and the guy covered in them at the tattoo place said "it feels like if you have a sunburn and you scratch it." I'll be honest: it stung like a bitch when they were doing it, then became that lingering pain. It's livable, just uncomfortable/inconvenient.

When I looked up what stars symbolized, I saw how many things they could represent- dreams, hopes, balance, the world, the soul... all things that I felt a deep connection to. I was looking for something kind of neutral. Some people, in their infinite wisdom, link certain designs with certain meanings that aren't correct, and I really did not want to be put into a situation where I'd have to either explain my sexuality or deal with people's ignorance. I put it on my forearm so that it was easily visible and yet easily concealable if needed (not every employer allows tattoos to be visible, especially if you're planning to be a teacher).

I hope the above helps. If you have any more questions, I'm happy to answer them. :) I also want to get another one: the symbols for the planets of the solar system going down my spine. When they did my star, it stung... a lot. I have to work up the courage to have that happen elsewhere, lol.

Attachments