Tax hikes now? Can this be accurate?

D

deleted15807

There's a HUGE difference between a person zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The term 'tax' is only being used as a legal maneuver. It is in fact a penalty. And you know it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, so why are people bitching about getting fined for not having insurance? Do they not realize how much money the taxpayers are having to pay to foot the bill of those without insurance? I call it bullshit hypocracy. Those who call themselves conservatives are now standing up for the little people who can't afford anything. BULLSHIT!

It's not about standing up for people who can't afford anything. It's about standing up to the government for taxing/penalizing a person just because they are alive and breathing.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The term 'tax' is only being used as a legal maneuver. It is in fact a penalty. And you know it.

If it's a penalty than it's unconstitutional. If it's a tax Obama lied to the American people and broke his pledge not to raise taxed on the poor/middle class. Either way, doesn't really matter now. We'll have to let the courts deal with it.

D

deleted15807

Nah, I think I'll stay here and just wait for the courts to overturn Obamacare.

Ohh but why not go to a tax-free paradise?There are still PLENTY of taxes left here in the good old USA for you to pay. It fits your hatred of government so well because there is no government. Perfect ne c'est pas?

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ohh but why not go to a tax-free paradise?There are still PLENTY of taxes left here in the good old USA for you to pay. It fits your hatred of government so well because there is no government. Perfect ne c'est pas?

Because Somalia is full of people who hate Americans like myself.

And I don't hate government.

This conversation is becoming tedious.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Because Somalia is full of people who hate Americans like myself.

And I don't hate government.

This conversation is becoming tedious.

Are you saying you hate Americans, or are you saying Somalians hate Americans such as yourself. If you are saying that you hate Americans, by all means pack your shit and get the fuck out. If its the latter of the two, be a bit more careful how you phrase things and use proper punctuation.

Last edited:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you saying you hate Americans, or are you saying Somalians hate Americans such as yourself. If you are saying that you hate Americans, by all means pack your shit and get the fuck out. If its the latter of the two, be a bit more careful how you phrase things and use proper punctuation.

Uh oh the grammar police! It's kind of funny you tell me to be, "careful how you phrase things and use proper punctuation", when your own post in this thread contains a clear error.

It's, "or are you saying Somalians hate Americans such as yourself?" Not, "or are you saying Somalians hate Americans such as yourself."

Btw, your previous post also contained two clear errors.

Ok, so why are people bitching about getting fined for not having insurance? Do they not realize how much money the taxpayers are having to pay to foot the bill of those without insurance? I call it bullshit hypocracy. Those who call themselves conservatives are now standing up for the little people who can't afford anything. BULLSHIT!

It's "hypocrisy", not "hypocracy".

And it's "the taxpayers have to pay", not "the taxpayers are having to pay".

Feel free to not be a hypocrite.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@ KTF- Sweetheart, people should be required to have insurance. As long as people like you stop single payer or socialized care (a la NHS in the UK) from being implemented here- you need to be assessed a tax, penalty, whatever, to help cover the costs of care should said uninsured person require medical attention. That, or you can pass a law allowing doctors and hospitals to turn away people who cant afford to pay. But then you and your ilk would have blood on your hands. NEWSFLASH: those people who cannot afford medical care let their curable problems fester and get much, much worse. They then mae trips to the ER, where hospitals are required to treat people regardless of ability to pay. They either eat the costs, or they pass it on to INSURED patients, driving up the price of everything from CAT scans to tylenol capsules. YOU (assuming you are insured) pay the price via higher premiums. What should have happened was the Federal government forming a non profit company, like the Postal Service (please no whining about how the USPS is awful- they are not, they are one of the best Postal systems in the world), to compete with private companies. Any profits would have gone to reducing premiums and or R+D. You just want to be able to bitch and moan about paying more taxes.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Uh oh the grammar police! It's kind of funny you tell me to be, "careful how you phrase things and use proper punctuation", when your own post in this thread contains a clear error.

It's, "or are you saying Somalians hate Americans such as yourself?" Not, "or are you saying Somalians hate Americans such as yourself."

Btw, your previous post also contained two clear errors.

It's "hypocrisy", not "hypocracy".

And it's "the taxpayers have to pay", not "the taxpayers are having to pay".

Feel free to not be a hypocrite.

ok asshole. I wasn't being the grammer police. Before I went back and edited out my original post, I told you to pack you bags and get the fuck out of America. Read what you posted. If you do, you will see that what you said (due to poor punctuation) was that along with the Somolians, you hate America. All I was trying to point out to you, but you had to act like a little bitch ass and take what I posted as an attack. :wink:

As for my errors:

#1 ever heard of a typo?
#2 what I posted in no way alluded to hating Americans. I was saying that what you wrote could be misconstruded as you saying you hate Americans.

BTW, If one is pulled over by an officer of the law, and is found to not be in possession of auto insurance, one is subject to a large fine. The same can be said if one doesn't wear one's seatbelt. Your logic makes no sense.

Last edited:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@ KTF- Sweetheart, people should be required to have insurance. As long as people like you stop single payer or socialized care (a la NHS in the UK) from being implemented here- you need to be assessed a tax, penalty, whatever, to help cover the costs of care should said uninsured person require medical attention. That, or you can pass a law allowing doctors and hospitals to turn away people who cant afford to pay. But then you and your ilk would have blood on your hands. NEWSFLASH: those people who cannot afford medical care let their curable problems fester and get much, much worse. They then mae trips to the ER, where hospitals are required to treat people regardless of ability to pay. They either eat the costs, or they pass it on to INSURED patients, driving up the price of everything from CAT scans to tylenol capsules. YOU (assuming you are insured) pay the price via higher premiums. What should have happened was the Federal government forming a non profit company, like the Postal Service (please no whining about how the USPS is awful- they are not, they are one of the best Postal systems in the world), to compete with private companies. Any profits would have gone to reducing premiums and or R+D. You just want to be able to bitch and moan about paying more taxes.

Thanks for the long post, but I have no interest in debating whether or not people should be required to have health insurance.

Do you hem and haw as much about the mandates for car insurance as you do health insurance, KTF? Just curious.

No.

BTW, If one is pulled over by an officer of the law, and is found to not be in possession of auto insurance, one is subject to a large fine. The same can be said if one doesn't wear one's seatbelt. Your logic makes no sense.

Actually my logic makes perfect unlike your hypocritical rants against me and your govt forced healthcare/car insurance comparison that I've already stated was flawed because of the "HUGE" differences between the two. I mean c'mon, even you have to realize no one forces you to buy a car to begin with.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks for the long post, but I have no interest in debating whether or not people should be required to have health insurance.

No.

perfect what? it is improper to abbreviate words in any sentence, not to mention you improperly abbreviated government. The proper abbreviation is gov't.

Actually my logic makes perfect unlike your hypocritical rants against me and your govt forced healthcare/car insurance comparison that I've already stated was flawed because of the "HUGE" differences between the two. I mean c'mon, even you have to realize no one forces you to buy a car to begin with.

Ok that is just a huge load of crap for a huge precentage of Americans. Unless you live in a large city, it is nearly impossible to do much of anything without a car. I live in a relatively small area (~150k) and I have no other choice but to own a car. There is no real public transport. If I have to buy groceries, I have at least a 2 mile drive to get there. My job is 12 miles away, and its not like I can walk to work (multiple 4-8 lane highways that are far from pedrestian friendly).

Necessity forces most to own a car.

Why do you keep calling me a hypocrit? Is it because I'm not down on my knees eating the bullshit spewing forth from your ass?

If you have such a problem with some of the laws/oridinances we have to obey, then by all means hire a lawyer and take your bitching to the Supreme Court. Do something about it instead of being a whiny turd goblin. That is all :tongue:

EDIT: Since you seem to think I'm the grammer police, let me point out three errors I encountered in your lovely post (the error will be highlighted in red so there's no confusion).

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Thank God for the tax hikes. Personally, I don't want to live in an America that is forced into insolvency by profligate spending. In fact, I think most Republicans feel the same way (although, they're tempted to disagree because they look first at political persuasion before they listen to an argument).

The only tool we have right now as a way to balance the budget is to restore taxes that offset federal spending. By doing so, the government will be forced to limit spending. Limited spending necessitates prioritization of programs. Health care, in my thinking, is a right and not a privilege, so that's a priority. The war in Afghanistan? I'm not so convinced. Bridges to nowhere and monuments to US senators who sit on the right committees? I'm not so convinced about those either.

I do think there are smarter ways of dealing with the budget deficit, but that would require a wholesale rewrite of tax law and the institution of a flat tax. Although I'm idealistic, I'm also pretty pragmatic about the likelihood of that happening.