Tax hikes now? Can this be accurate?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Regardless of whether their other choices are feasible or not, they have a choice. So, for the extreme case that you continue to go with, either buy a car or choose an option that may cause great hardship. That's a choice.

That extreme case you're now trying to dismiss my scenario as affects millions of people everyday. You have displayed no concept of understanding how many people make difficult decisions like this on the regular. About 39.1 million people if you just count people who are at or below the poverty line. That number increases exponentially if you count the working class who have a lot of the same struggles. You should have heeded to my warning about stopping while you were already behind for all you've done is prove that your more interested in preaching a phony sense of morality, blanketed by a shield of bigotry. You call it your beliefs or your ideology. I call it what it really is - arrogance and blatant ignorance.

And to think... you thought we actually were seeing eye to eye on this debate? :rolleyes:

When it comes to mandated health insurance, you have no choice except to pay money out of your pocket.

And as it stands if someone broke their leg now, didn't have insurance and didn't pay for their surgery, that money would come out of other people's pockets in the form of higher premiums. So either way, you're still paying for it. That is, of course, unless you're not insured yourself, don't pay your bills and don't give a sh**. So you can stop with the BS already.

Are you through? This thread actually had a shred of relevance until you came around.

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You are a piece of shit:rolleyes:

fixed that for you. :biggrin1: I'm sorry but I am getting the general impression that the OP is either a troll, or is retarded. He is a prime example of what is wrong with our country. He has never lived the life that 10's of millions of Americans have (myself included), therefore he can't wrap his mind around anything other that what he has experienced.

I DON'T have a choice in owning a car. I CAN'T just pick up and move to a larger area with public transit (which, as stated in other posts, is a publicly funded means of transport). I work a full time job, and because the people of this country have things so ass backwards, I make less than $900 a month. I struggle to make ends meet, and (and I'm sure the OP will laugh at me and tell me I have a choice) am so pathetic, I have to live with my 92 year old grandmother with alzheimers. I can no longer live with her due to the rapid progression of her disease, so now I must find second job. I don't have the luxury of living in an area with high paying jobs for everyone, therefore I must do what I can to keep afloat.

One thing that absolutely disgusts me about the OP is his lack of caring about his fellow citizens. He has no clue what its like to live paycheck to paycheck, and to not have any health insurance what so ever. I went for four years without insurance, and I have paid for it. I seriously injured my back a little over a year and a half ago. Unfortunately, I didn't have the 'luxury' of having health insurance, so I did the only thing I could afford to do....go to a walk in clinic. I wasn't able to do anything that was needed to get me back into good condition. All I could do is take pain pills and suffer the consequences.

Since I injured myself so severely, I had no other choice but to take an unpaid medical leave of absence from my job. Before I was injured, I had very little debt (aside from student loans), and actually had a few thousand dollars put back in savings. Well, not having insurance and not being able to get insurance from my job, I did the only thing I could do....pay for my medical expenses out of pocket. Well, it wasn't long until I used every penny I had put back in savings. When that money was gone, I had to use credit cards. I managed to max them all out within three months. Thankfully, while I was on my LOA, my medical insurance kicked in, and I was able to get some of the treatment I needed.

Now, I walk with a permanent limp, and have just found out from the surgeons, that that nothing can be done for me and I'm stuck. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs (one can only differ repayment of student loans for so long), I have no choice but to keep living with my insane grandmother, and I have a car that is frankly not safe to be on the road. I guess the OP would continue to say that I have a choice.

Here's my point. Until you have experienced what I and so many others have experienced, keep your god damned mouth shut. We don't choose to live the way we do.

Now as for the subject of 'fines' that are to be assessed to those who refuse to purchase health insurance...do I agree with it? Hell no. Unfortunately the people who we elected to represent us in Washington DC failed us, as they have so many times. Conservatives such as the OP were more concerned about the insurance industry making a profit, that they sacrificed the well being of those who put them in office. I'm just as pissed with the liberals for not having the balls to stand up to the conservatives and push what was best for our country (which is universal healthcare for all) through. Greed is the source of so many of the problems in our country, that we are on the verge of economic collapse.

Personally, I think taxes need to be raised significally. With higher taxes, healthcare, eldercare, and education would be taken care of by the government. It would put us all (well most of us) on a level playing field, giving us all the opportunity to suceed and make 'choices' to better ourselves and loved ones.

Think about it...if all of those things were provided to us via taxes, we all would be in better financial shape because we wouldn't have to pay for these services out of pocket, which is more expensive. What a novel concept. :eek:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
fixed that for you. :biggrin1: I'm sorry but I am getting the general impression that the OP is either a troll, or is retarded. He is a prime example of what is wrong with our country. He has never lived the life that 10's of millions of Americans have (myself included), therefore he can't wrap his mind around anything other that what he has experienced.

I DON'T have a choice in owning a car. I CAN'T just pick up and move to a larger area with public transit (which, as stated in other posts, is a publicly funded means of transport). I work a full time job, and because the people of this country have things so ass backwards, I make less than $900 a month. I struggle to make ends meet, and (and I'm sure the OP will laugh at me and tell me I have a choice) am so pathetic, I have to live with my 92 year old grandmother with alzheimers. I can no longer live with her due to the rapid progression of her disease, so now I must find second job. I don't have the luxury of living in an area with high paying jobs for everyone, therefore I must do what I can to keep afloat.

One thing that absolutely disgusts me about the OP is his lack of caring about his fellow citizens. He has no clue what its like to live paycheck to paycheck, and to not have any health insurance what so ever. I went for four years without insurance, and I have paid for it. I seriously injured my back a little over a year and a half ago. Unfortunately, I didn't have the 'luxury' of having health insurance, so I did the only thing I could afford to do....go to a walk in clinic. I wasn't able to do anything that was needed to get me back into good condition. All I could do is take pain pills and suffer the consequences.

Since I injured myself so severely, I had no other choice but to take an unpaid medical leave of absence from my job. Before I was injured, I had very little debt (aside from student loans), and actually had a few thousand dollars put back in savings. Well, not having insurance and not being able to get insurance from my job, I did the only thing I could do....pay for my medical expenses out of pocket. Well, it wasn't long until I used every penny I had put back in savings. When that money was gone, I had to use credit cards. I managed to max them all out within three months. Thankfully, while I was on my LOA, my medical insurance kicked in, and I was able to get some of the treatment I needed.

Now, I walk with a permanent limp, and have just found out from the surgeons, that that nothing can be done for me and I'm stuck. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs (one can only differ repayment of student loans for so long), I have no choice but to keep living with my insane grandmother, and I have a car that is frankly not safe to be on the road. I guess the OP would continue to say that I have a choice.

Here's my point. Until you have experienced what I and so many others have experienced, keep your god damned mouth shut. We don't choose to live the way we do.

Now as for the subject of 'fines' that are to be assessed to those who refuse to purchase health insurance...do I agree with it? Hell no. Unfortunately the people who we elected to represent us in Washington DC failed us, as they have so many times. Conservatives such as the OP were more concerned about the insurance industry making a profit, that they sacrificed the well being of those who put them in office. I'm just as pissed with the liberals for not having the balls to stand up to the conservatives and push what was best for our country (which is universal healthcare for all) through. Greed is the source of so many of the problems in our country, that we are on the verge of economic collapse.

Personally, I think taxes need to be raised significally. With higher taxes, healthcare, eldercare, and education would be taken care of by the government. It would put us all (well most of us) on a level playing field, giving us all the opportunity to suceed and make 'choices' to better ourselves and loved ones.

Think about it...if all of those things were provided to us via taxes, we all would be in better financial shape because we wouldn't have to pay for these services out of pocket, which is more expensive. What a novel concept. :eek:
For someone who claims to "struggle to meet ends meet", you sure do seem to spend a lot of time ranting and raving on a large penis internet forum to someone you don't know at all and who has no impact on your life. Perhaps that might have something to do with why you "stuggle to meet ends meet", poor time management skills. Instead of bitching at me, perhaps you should be focusing on your search for that second job you claim you need. I know that sounds harsh, but your douche bag behavior in this thread deserves some honesty.

I DON'T have a choice in owning a car.
Yes, you do. No one put a gun to your head and said buy this car. No one is requiring you to pay a tax/fine/penalty just because you don't have a car. You believe it is your best option to own a car, therefore you chose to buy a car.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You can take a horse to water, but you can't create an argument anymore blindly simplistic and inane than KTF40. LOL!!!!

For your sake, don't go into business making self help tapes. Just like in this thread, you'll fail... MISERABLY.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
wow! I've been here for more than three years, and this is the first time I've ever had to put anyone on ignore. I've encountered many many vile people in my life, but he takes the cake. I will not be banned because of pieces of shit. If/when I leave, it will be on my terms.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
to the dummies that voted the Hope and Change guy in. You got what you deserved. Too bad the rest of us have to deal with your bad judgment too.

And guess what... at this rate, you'll be dealing with it until 2016. Which is exactly what we "hopey changey" people wanted. Sucks to be you.

Now, be a nice "newbie" and be quiet. :rolleyes:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ok, now something has caught my attention. Why does bigdickvacjacker choose this thread, of the thousands of threads to post on? I mean he's been a member since November 2006, and he chooses this one particular thread.... Somethings not quite right here.