Tax Problems for Labor Sec. This is beyond ridiculous

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Feb 5, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

What a joke. Does any Democrat in government actually pay their taxes.

It may be time to just clean house and start from scratch. Get people in there that pay their taxes.

What an embarrassment. People in charge of government don't even pay the very taxes that finance government?

Did anybody do any research on these people?

Solis' husband hadn't paid this tax in over a decade? Did she ever share the secret -- during pillow talk -- that she worked for the gov't and that is what paid her salary?

Husband of Rep. Solis, Labor nominee, settles tax liens - USATODAY.com

The hypocrisy is in the stratosphere at this point.

Utterly unbelievable.

Oh -- can't wait to see the comebacks blaming Bush for war crimes.:rolleyes:

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Let's not even go towards Bush and make it a war crime issue.
    Nah, that's too easy. Besides, you're too closed-minded to even see the difference.

Let's make this an issue... about you,
    Have YOU ever not paid or cheated on your taxes?

Answer the question. Yes or no. If you don't, we'll all assume you have. If you haven't (and we'll all know that's a lie anyhow), then PROVE IT. Otherwise, shut up.

3. D_Maureen Biologist

D_Maureen Biologist Account Disabled

OK Vinyl Boy - don't you think that was JUST a bit HARSH???

And let's make it about you toooooooooo - Where is your 1040??

- and Yes, I've Paid MY FRIGGIN TAXES and it looks like JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ELSES!!!

SELF Employed people pay their taxes and every one elses...

And silly ME - I believe in Laws, and obeying them...so yes, I've paid MORE than my fair share of taxes...

AND here is a NEWSFLASH - NEVER in my entire LONG and mostly happy life have I EVER received ONE single DIME from our government - not school loans, no FHA loans, nothing, nada, ZILCH...

I suggest YOU BACK the F*CK OFF -

that was uncalled for and you know it...

JMHO

4. B_starinvestor

LOL. Funny. No I have never 'not paid' my taxes. But even if I did 'Cheat' on my taxes...I'm not in a position of national leadership. Are you? If they don't have to pay, why should I?

How many people in this administration are you going to give a pass to, VB?

If you can't trust these people to do something simple like pay taxes - what exactly can they be trusted with?

You have to admit this is a joke and an embarrassment. At this point, you can't be taken seriously if you brush this off.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

First off, it wasn't uncalled for. So please, step the fuck back.

It's a straight up, honest question. I want to illustrate how HYPOCRITICAL it is for someone like the OP, whose job is to handle financial accounts of important people, to cry about someone in office cheating on their taxes. Because in his line of work, it's HIS JOB to find out every loophole in the tax system to make sure his clients save money. He's only doing it because the guy in question is a Democrat. Nothing more and nothing less. Phony outrage, and complete bullshit.

So just to prove a point... I will be truthful and answer my own question.
    Yes, I have cheated. There have been a few times when I took some of my receipts from my expenses and slightly exaggerated the pricing on them, just to get a bigger write off and get a slightly bigger refund. I'll purchase software, some of which applies to my line of work and others just for enjoyment. But instead of itemizing that receipt I apply the whole amount. You can call the feds on me now if you like. :rolleyes:

A scenario I have described is something that EVERY AMERICAN has done at least once in their lives. To say that you haven't is bullshit, and everyone knows it. Stop with the "moral" routines and be fuckin' honest.

And since you want to play hardball, cougarprrr... why don't you step up and answer the question too. TRUTHFULLY. Or can you? I know you may have a reputation to protect and all. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and shut up. :rolleyes:

As to you, starinvestor... I'm not giving anyone a free pass. In fact, I already had my comments against Daschle when his tax problems arose. However, is this an issue so big that it requires him to resign from a political post? Or are you just harping on him because he's a Democrat?

6. mindseye

Gold Member

So, starinvestor: As an American, are you asserting an equivalence between tax liability and war crimes? As dismissive as you've been of the latter while crowing about the former for days on end, do you really believe that tax liability issues are more worthy of discussion than war crimes? Does squeezing a few thousand dollars out of Tom Daschle make this country greater than reasserting our national morality when it comes to human rights?

Or is this more elevating one's party above one's country, like we've seen from 24065?

7. B_starinvestor

Do you have anything to say about this situation, or are you just going to deflect everything until the end of time on Bush?

Bush, Bush, Bush. That's all any of you libs ever have to say about anything.

This is reprehensible...a half dozen members of cabinet, etc., don't pay their taxes? We are supposed to look up to these people, no? They are supposed to set an example, no?

It's Bush's fault?

These people are a disgrace. And they're embarrassing your hero and his entire Administration.

8. D_Diesel Oyl

D_Diesel Oyl New Member

I have paid all my taxes, in full, always.

9. sargon20

Gold Member

Someone's gonna have a long 8 years of unspeakable depression. Get the Prozac now! :smile:

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yes, we should raise his dosage. That way we won't have any financial advising tax cheats trying to point fingers at other people for the same exact thing. Prime hypocrisy at its best.

11. midlifebear

Gold Member

I have no idea if I've ever cheated on my taxes or not. You'll have to ask my accountant. The idea that every red-blooded (and those with mythic blue blood) 'Mericuhns are supposed to be experts on the reams of IRS regulations is unreasonable. I'd much prefer a flat tax. THAT I could figure out from simple double entry book keeping. You know, that there thing known as General Accounting Principles? :smile:

12. D_Maureen Biologist

NEWFLASH - DICKWAD -

SOME Americans HONOR their country - and it's LAWS -

and yes, I do understand that you would HAVE NO FRIGGIN Idea what that means....

You just want to take ALL THE ADVANTAGES of being an American but you don't want to pay the bills - do you - you just float along, PERHAPS it's time for you to step up to the plate..???

and I CAN PASS a lie detector test - and HAVE DONE SO YEARLY FOR OVER 35 YEARS...so NO I DON'T FRIGGIN CHEAT ON TAXES.

IN FACT - should I ever be audited - I have DELIBERATELY NOT declared some items I COULD deduct...it's called "a throw-away" in IRS Audit terms...

IF audited, I ask an innocent question - such as: "OH?? MR. IRS Auditor... I can deduct CAR WASHES??? - Oh I've never ever done that!!! Hmmmm- that's about $580 a year - so perhaps I need to file an amended return? Mr. Auditor? and I've NEVER taken that deduction - soooo how many years can I go back...Mr. Auditor...to amend my prior years' returns?? SO deductions on having my business cars/trucks washed each week???" And Mr. IRS Auditors - figures I'm so stupid - THE GOVT MIGHT OWE ME SOME MOOLAH...

ONLY Stupid people OR DEMOCRATS - cheat on their taxes - or don't pay them at all for that matter - BECAUSE - people like me would be hounded to our graves over LESS than what I pay for my friggin DOGS haircuts LOL!

And remember---the government can hire 100 IRS agents to chase people like me down for as little as a $1000 error on tax return.

BUT - of course - you and most dem's don't have to live by any rules...I pity you...and I agree totally with the Original poster - it's embarassing to the new prez - his majesty - the great black O...

13. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
  14. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I, too, have always paid my taxes

then, too, I'm not a lib
    dem

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Oh, that's original. :rolleyes:

But some, like you, don't understand the English language.
    honor synonym | Thesaurus.com

To honor does not mean to obey. So right now, you ain't telling me shit. But please, enlighten the class with more of your rhetoric.

But I do know a line of bullshit that shows no substance when I see it. Your opening argument is nothing more than a lot of hot air disguised as morality with no real action. It doesn't tell anyone that you actually follow or obey the laws... you only acknowledge them.

And you've come to this conclusion about me based on WHAT knowledge?

I clearly admitted that not only do I pay taxes, but I've been honest about doing something that every person has done at one time or another.

Think really hard... have you ever itemize something on your tax returns that wasn't work related? Wrote off a lunch or dinner as a work expense that really wasn't? Over estimate the amount of your bedroom or "work space" that is dedicated to work related items? That all counts too. Those are ALL forms of cheating on your taxes. And the fact that you're acting like you never did this ONCE either indicates that you don't pay taxes or you're lying. Period.

If you're so truthful, then why even mention that you know how to pass a lie detector test? Ever had to take one? I never had to. Only people guilty or under suspicion have to. That is, unless, you were a contestant on "The Moment Of Truth" or something.

Well, you wouldn't have to worry about this either if you were so "honest" now would you? :rolleyes:

I'd actually call it stupid. But please, go on with your, ahem... "point".

Sounds like you're well informed on the audit system. A little too informed if you ask me. But go on, Mr. Innocent. :rolleyes:

Or Republicans who are just as stupid...
    Bribery / Corruption - List of Republican Offenders - 1998 - 2008

That's probably because your dog is the only one that sleeps with you in bed at night. But I digress... please continue. :rolleyes:

We just don't live by YOUR rules. And why would we live by the words of a raving forum lunatic anyhow?

Don't lie to yourself.

That's not surprising.

Actually, your undisclosed budgets for dog grooming and the fact that you brag about it like it's some kind of badge of entitlement is more embarrassing. Perhaps you named your pooch John Edwards or something? And when you're talking about the great black "O", was that supposed to be some kind of lame attempt of racial innuendo to try and stir up irrationally raging responses, or is that the nickname for your ass when your legs are at the 10 & 2 position? We here at LPSG need some clarity so we can, ahem... "honor" your statements. :rolleyes:

16. midlifebear

Gold Member

Does anyone know who cougarprrr is railing at? And while we're at it, can anyone guess what anti psychotic medication he takes that has obviously worn off?

I always pay my US taxes. I also pay my county and city property taxes. Fortunately, Nevada has no state income tax. The property taxes are easy enough; I just charge them to my AmEx card and reap the skymiles. However, I can truthfully say I do not know if I've ever cheated on my Federal taxes because I do not prepare them. I have an accountant who does that for me. Never had to take out an extension, either.

By the way, imagine what cougarprrr could save by grooming his own dogs and donating that money to a non-profit charity that helps people. He could then itemize that as a deduction.

17. D_Maureen Biologist

Well...I would say that you have one penis and I can have just about all I would ever want, but that would not be correct...would it??

Hugs - knock yourself out - you cannot even read - I said I DO PASS a YEARLY lie detector test..and a $580 deduction NOT taken is cheap insurance for me.

Hugs...enjoy

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Oh believe me, sweetie. I completely understand what you said.
    What we'd REALLY like to know is why DO you have to pass a yearly lie detector test? I don't know of a single person who has ever had to undergo something like this. Could it be... you may have LIED about something in the past? And if this is the case, why should we even believe that you don't lie on your taxes? Or think of your well groomed dog as a financial status symbol?

Stop while you're already behind, dear... you're making this too easy. :rolleyes:

19. mindseye

Gold Member

Well, that certainly answers my question. GOP über alles!

Right-wingers are so afraid to have an honest accounting of the human rights abuses of the past eight years that you're grasping at anything you can -- Tom Daschle had a limo! There's trash on the Capitol Mall! Nancy Pelosi said condoms create jobs! Newsflash -- Iran still doesn't like us! -- to distract from it.

You ask, "are you just going to deflect everything until the end of time on Bush?" My two-part answer, "It wasn't just Bush. And I hope it won't take that long to bring closure to the most shameful chapter in American history."

Keep throwing up those distractions, accessory. I hear Patrick Leahy got a bad haircut last week.

20. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I invariably inflate my deductions and

Geo. Bush is a War Criminal! :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted