Tea Lovers: What are you sipping?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, totally inspired by Enid's sig!

Since my partner returned from Asia, he's become obsessed with tea drinking and drug me into the madness to the point I am now a confirmed tea drinker.

We are a novice tea drinking household, though, mostly purchasing blends from Teavana - my favorites being Assam Gold Rain, Rooibos Chai, and Honeybush, a tea from my childhood I never thought I would revisit until MickeyLee posted about her scoby. :biggrin1:

Anyway, would love to expand my tea palate, so whatcha sippin' on?

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love tea and drink a cup or two everyday. Right now I am drinking Passion Tea from the Tazo line. Very nice tea but it is more of a herbal tea. Most of the teas I buy are from teaopia which is a chain in Canada. Currently two of my favorites are Raspberry Mint Mojito and Market Spice(Black Tea).

LuxInTenebris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good God. You could be English...which is meant as a compliment, I promise. :D
Earl Grey with just the tiniest touch of milk (can't stand it with lemon, but drinking it with milk is apparently the ultimate social faux pas) is perfect mid-to-late afternoon, but I'm sure being a tea-lover you've already had it a million times.
Have you ever tried lapsang souchong? It's my favourite after dinner, but your post has tempted me to go and make a cup now...
Your Rooibos Chai sounds amazing!

LuxInTenebris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oooh! I love tea! I especially love double bergamot earl grey with a little bit of milk and sugar, jasmine pearl tea, and rose pearl green tea. I'm also a fan of blooming teas.

Adagio.com is one of my favorite sources for exploring new teas.

I'm glad to have found someone who also shares my controversial love for Earl Grey with a little milk! Just checked out Adagio.com...why would I ever go to the deli round the corner when this website exists?!

LuxInTenebris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are my new favourite woman. It's a short list (clearly) but tea lovers always go to the top :D Double-bergamot Earl Grey sounds a bit too strong for my taste though, and I'm yet to fully appreciate the wonder that is fruit tea. It has never appealed to me, but if anyone has any recommendations, send them my way...

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Madura premium blend.

Madura Tea Estates
Oooh, sustainable tea and they grow Assam!
Have you trued Wattle Seed tea?

I love tea and drink a cup or two everyday. Right now I am drinking Passion Tea from the Tazo line. Very nice tea but it is more of a herbal tea. Most of the teas I buy are from teaopia which is a chain in Canada. Currently two of my favorites are Raspberry Mint Mojito and Market Spice(Black Tea).
Teavana is similar to Teaopia, which is a wonderful service, but find I'm not into the whole tea culture thing--they sell Buddhas and incense. Although, I love the cute tins (ignore the dying plant in the background): http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5161/5372155364_a2267676e3.jpg

Good God. You could be English...which is meant as a compliment, I promise. :D
Earl Grey with just the tiniest touch of milk (can't stand it with lemon, but drinking it with milk is apparently the ultimate social faux pas) is perfect mid-to-late afternoon, but I'm sure being a tea-lover you've already had it a million times.
Have you ever tried lapsang souchong? It's my favourite after dinner, but your post has tempted me to go and make a cup now...
Your Rooibos Chai sounds amazing!
Thank you for the compliment. ;)
Have not tried lapsang souchong. Can you give me an idea of the flavor? Full bodied? Fruity? Just effin' delicious? :biggrin1:

Oooh! I love tea! I especially love double bergamot earl grey with a little bit of milk and sugar, jasmine pearl tea, and rose pearl green tea. I'm also a fan of blooming teas.

Adagio.com is one of my favorite sources for exploring new teas.
Girl, you are speaking my bergamot loving language! You must try Assam Gold Rain from Teavana, it has a natural citrusy flavor that is delicious.

I have seen the blooming teas in store, but have been hesitant to try it. Officially next on my list, thanks!

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Teavana is similar to Teaopia, which is a wonderful service, but find I'm not into the whole tea culture thing--they sell Buddhas and incense. Although, I love the cute tins (ignore the dying plant in the background): http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5161/5372155364_a2267676e3.jpg

Those are great tins! Much better looking then the teaopia ones that I have. I am lucky there is a teaopia store 10 minutes from me and I can get my fix rather quickly when I need and want it.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just realized! I have bought tea from Teavana before! Early last year, I did. I knew that name sounded familiar. I looked at your tea tins and went, "Oh! I have those!"

I'm definitely going to try that Assam Golden Rain.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love almost any tea. Black, green, white. Vanilla Chai is great. Any kind of chai in fact. I like weird ones like Egyptian Licorice, and Bourbon. That one (Bourbon) sounds gross but it's delicious.

D_htfuoytgyg

Just Browsing
Media
As I'm really into earthy flavors I love the Gyokuro Imperial Green tea from Teavana.
But I've really been wanting to branch out from there and try loose teas from other places.
The other tea I drink almost daily is Teekanne Camomille Tea which is a bagged tea from Germany, I believe. Which is delicious and very soothing.

Other than that I've had a variety from Peet's and enjoyed them all but I'm not sure I would go out of my way to drink them, I got them as a gift and liked the variation, but wasn't hooked on any of it.

DasLeezard

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red
Tazo Zen
Earl Grey with Lavender (I forgot the name of the company, but it comes in a white box)

as for prepped tea, Arizona Blueberry White tea.

But I'll drink just about any kind.. I love tea, and I currently have a paltry 6 boxes of various teas in my cupboard.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red
Tazo Zen
Earl Grey with Lavender (I forgot the name of the company, but it comes in a white box)

as for prepped tea, Arizona Blueberry White tea.

But I'll drink just about any kind.. I love tea, and I currently have a paltry 6 boxes of various teas in my cupboard.

The Earl Grey with Lavendar sounds amazing! I'll have to google this.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Earl Grey with Lavendar sounds amazing! I'll have to google this.
That's exactly what I was thinking! I happen to have a bag of organic lavendar and I have at least three different varieties of Earl Grey (organic, white, and double bergamot), so I can mix up my own. I can't wait to try it!

I keep bags of rooibos, chamomile, spearmint, peppermint, and lavendar, and I pick up other common tea ingredients all the time so I can mix up my own concoctions.