Tea Lovers: What are you sipping?

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Speaking of Beijing and tea, I've had tea all throughout China, from fairly far north all the way to Canton and Hong Kong. Admittedly, much of it was "garden variety" green tea. But it was consistently tasty and refreshing, and contributed significantly to a wonderfully extended China experience. OK, so I wanted to toot my horn (and I secretly bet I've had more tea in China than 99.999% of the membership here [basks alone in his house at this debatably magnificent, unverified "achievement"]).

Full disclosure: at this moment I'm drinking bourbon.

That is all.
Consider your horn tooted. Hu Jintao just 'phoned. He says he'd like his tea back please. :smile:

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Hving a Chinese green tea right now. It's a bit too astringent for me so I have added some sugar.
Firstly, I'm having a phone only comms crisis, so apologies for the lack of my multi-quote abilities.

Secondly, Drifterwood, dunking your leaves for too long can lead to a bitter tea.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
That's exactly what I was thinking! I happen to have a bag of organic lavendar and I have at least three different varieties of Earl Grey (organic, white, and double bergamot), so I can mix up my own. I can't wait to try it!

I keep bags of rooibos, chamomile, spearmint, peppermint, and lavendar, and I pick up other common tea ingredients all the time so I can mix up my own concoctions.

I've never thought of mixing my own teas, but I might have to do that! I've always loved tea but never thought of doing this. Will you let me know how the Earl Grey with lavender comes out? I smell some tea shopping in my future. :smile:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
haha, this thread is GREAT!!

currently i am into a pepermint mate mix which my boss picked up for me at the granville tea company

Granville Island Tea Company Ltd

also picked up at a little discount gourmet type place not too long ago a tea labeled DOMBAGASTALAWA SINGLE ESTATE FBOP. i have no idea what the hell that means, really. :smile:

the label indicates it's a clean black leaf with a silvery tip in the syle of an elegant ceylon tea.

the brand looks interesting. it's dilmah.

Welcome to Dilmah - the Freshest & Finest Tea

mmm this one looks good, moroccan mint:

Moroccan Mint Green 20 teabags (pack of 6) - Dilmah Real Tea Boutique

gee just 70 bucks :biggrin1:

but that's like 120 tea bags though. not really that bad.

and of course, i LOVE kombucha

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/fashion/25Tea.html

Last edited:

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I type I'm drinking a great big mug of Tesco Finest Earl Grey. MrsR and I like it because it isn't as scented as a lot of Earl Greys. We drink it in the afternoon. In the morning we prefer a 'builder's tea' like Typhoo.

With Chinese food I prefer Tit Koon Yum, or Gunpowder. But if I fancy chinese tea on it's own; Jasmine, or Black Lychee.

As I type I'm drinking a great big mug of Tesco Finest Earl Grey. MrsR and I like it because it isn't as scented as a lot of Earl Greys. We drink it in the afternoon. In the morning we prefer a 'builder's tea' like Typhoo.

With Chinese food I prefer Tit Koon Yum, or Gunpowder. But if I fancy chinese tea on it's own; Jasmine, or Black Lychee.
Lady Grey is nice too. Dodgy name - but less flowery than Earl. More of a citrus taste.

Currently drinking Tesco decaff here, lol.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:biggrin1:Maybe if you were to partake of the noble beverage it might settle your rumbling bowels MrThunderPants.
BTW Your smooth tummy makes me want to stroke it - and I don't go for boys as a rule :rolleyes:

Haha, well thank you. If I were interested in men you could stroke my tummy anytime. My bowels however do not need anyones attention. I will speak of my bowels no further. :biggrin1: