Tea Lovers: What are you sipping?

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been meaning to try some, but haven't as of yet.

:scratchchin: I don't know.

How about you just walk into a transport cafe and thump your fist on the bar and order a mug of tea and a nice bacon sandwich to go with it?

Now don't tell me you've never eaten a bacon sandwich :frown1:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:scratchchin: I don't know.

How about you just walk into a transport cafe and thump your fist on the bar and order a mug of tea and a nice bacon sandwich to go with it?

Now don't tell me you've never eaten a bacon sandwich :frown1:

Bacon yes, sandwich no haha.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I was a kid my favorite tea was Milford, but I haven't seen that brand in nearly 20 years. If it still exists, I don't know if I'd like it today.

My regular "cuppa" is Bewley's Dublin Morning Tea. (I like my tea strong.)

Bewley's Dublin Morning Tea (80 Tea Bags)

A friend of mine from England liked the tea that comes in the pyramid shaped bags--PG Tips? It's more expensive and I don't like the flavor as much, but it's an acceptable substitute for Bewley's. Punjana Irish Breakfast tea is also good, and reasonably priced.

Punjana Irish Breakfast (80 Tea Bags)

I bought a box of Lifeboat tea once when my local grocery store was out of Bewley's, and I quite liked it, maybe even more than Bewley's, but I haven't seen it at the store in a while.

Lifeboat Tea (80 Tea Bags)

Earl Grey with just the tiniest touch of milk (can't stand it with lemon, but drinking it with milk is apparently the ultimate social faux pas)...

I thought tea with milk was English style? Or is it only Earl Grey that you are not supposed to drink with milk?

Earl Grey isn't my favorite, but when I drink it I prefer it with a little milk. I know it's primarily an afternoon tea, but at breakfast I find that it goes very well with French toast and strawberries.

Have you ever tried lapsang souchong? It's my favourite after dinner, but your post has tempted me to go and make a cup now...

My father likes that, but personally I think it tastes like drinking hot water steeped in a dirty ashtray.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Am I the only Englishman who hasn't even tried tea?

How is that even possible? I'm surprised you haven't been exiled.

I forgot to mention that I really like oolong tea (no particular brand), and a friend gave me some Kuan Yin tea (which, alas, I ran out of) which was very good.

I also forgot to mention that my British friend was appalled that I drink my tea with honey instead of sugar (except for Earl Grey), but I like the flavor honey adds to tea and I think they go well together.

No offense to those who like it, but putting vanilla in chai is just wrong. (I used to like Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea until they put vanilla in it and ruined it.)

Somewhat off-topic, but I'm a recent convert to "vaping," which is the use of an electronic cigarette. E-cigarettes use flavored liquids (vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, or a blend), and there are a wide variety of flavors beyond tobacco and menthol. I quite like black tea flavored e-liquids--they taste like a good, yummy tea, but the flavor also has a really nice floral quality.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How is that even possible? I'm surprised you haven't been exiled.

I forgot to mention that I really like oolong tea (no particular brand), and a friend gave me some Kuan Yin tea (which, alas, I ran out of) which was very good.

I also forgot to mention that my British friend was appalled that I drink my tea with honey instead of sugar (except for Earl Grey), but I like the flavor honey adds to tea and I think they go well together.

No offense to those who like it, but putting vanilla in chai is just wrong. (I used to like Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea until they put vanilla in it and ruined it.)

Somewhat off-topic, but I'm a recent convert to "vaping," which is the use of an electronic cigarette. E-cigarettes use flavored liquids (vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, or a blend), and there are a wide variety of flavors beyond tobacco and menthol. I quite like black tea flavored e-liquids--they taste like a good, yummy tea, but the flavor also has a really nice floral quality.

Perhaps this is a pointless post but I have to tell you, as a non tea drinker and uncultured buffoon, I have no idea what you are talking about. :biggrin1:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Plain ole dilmah or choysa (NZ brand)
common ole stuff suffices these days
given up on name brands, altho they are GOOD

enjoy a variety of china green teas, ( sooooooooo many differing types)
have that flask filled thrice a day, and away..
especially enjoy them as NO need or sacrilege (yeah yeah haha) really, to apply additives, Milk & Sugar, haha
enz

cup of T this am wi 2 toast wi peanut butter only just now
waaahoooooooooooooo'
thought fr a while camomile read cannabis Drifter, till eyes adjusted? ha