Tea, Tea, aaahhhhhhhh....Tea.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
mercurialbliss said:
Drinking a delicious cup of Spiced Chai with Milk and Sugar as I write...

Lifelong tea drinker here. I love the smell of coffee brewing but can't stand the taste. I keep a bag in the freezer for company (no, it's not Folgers) but i'll also offer Earl Grey or the other 20 flavours in my pantry should they opt for tea.

Darling...simply MUST visit.....or..do pop in for a cuppa if ever in Brighton!

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
I must have lost my tea gene in the subsequent generations of this side of the Atlantic.

Tea triggers my gag reflex like nothing else especially with milk. :puke:

I like my coffee black and strong like my men.

Ah well....I would offer you Tea and sympathy....alas....wouldn't want your chunks on my Laura Ashley...

stetree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
invisibleman said:
Yeah, and...

You didn't give up the recipes for the "biscuits" or cookies. I guess we will have to go buy some Peek Freans or Oreos or make some scones from Martha Stewart's web site or something. What about the sandwiches as well? Off to get some bulgogi lettuce wraps to go with my Darjeeling.:confused: :smile:

If u are having biscuits have a decent shortbread with a decent tea. If a tea bag any but i prefer custard creams or nice. As for sandwhiches I believe that cucumber with the crust cut off is traditional.

I just havin a cuppa now earl grey with lemon and honey love it

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
invisibleman said:
Yeah, and...

You didn't give up the recipes for the "biscuits" or cookies. I guess we will have to go buy some Peek Freans or Oreos or make some scones from Martha Stewart's web site or something. What about the sandwiches as well? Off to get some bulgogi lettuce wraps to go with my Darjeeling.:confused: :smile:

lol...well, please feel free to offer any special recipes...I for one recommend 'Traidcraft's' organic ginger stem cookies...orgasmic!:smile: I do make a fab 'space' cookie.....depending on availability of ingredients :biggrin1:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
stetree said:
If u are having biscuits have a decent shortbread with a decent tea. If a tea bag any but i prefer custard creams or nice. As for sandwhiches I believe that cucumber with the crust cut off is traditional.

I just havin a cuppa now earl grey with lemon and honey love it

Yes, cucumber sarnies are delish....in the morning I personally enjoy a toasted muffin with poached egg and crispy grilled streaky smoked bacon with a hot steaming cup of assam...Heaven!

stetree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
eddyabs said:
Yes, cucumber sarnies are delish....in the morning I personally enjoy a toasted muffin with poached egg and crispy grilled streaky smoked bacon with a hot steaming cup of assam...Heaven!

I like to have either a bacon sandwhich or a full fry for breakfast. Mushrooms, tomatoes, egg, bacon, sausage, beans, fried potatoes, fried slice and toast. I am having trouble getting hold of special ingredients for my cakes aswell lol :tongue:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
stetree said:
I like to have either a bacon sandwhich or a full fry for breakfast. Mushrooms, tomatoes, egg, bacon, sausage, beans, fried potatoes, fried slice and toast. I am having trouble getting hold of special ingredients for my cakes aswell lol :tongue:

Lol....u can always pop over to mine and enquire within about availability of 'Garden Herbs' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And ohhh yes..u can't beat a proper English Fry Up......:biggrin1:

stetree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
eddyabs said:
P.S......which cakes may they might be???? LOL!:biggrin1::wink:

Y space cakes of course a basic brownie mix with a special ingrenient, to quote empire records "extra sugar" lol. My fav teabag at the minute is 5665 fair trade and goes great with most things errrrrr sweet lol

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
stetree said:
Y space cakes of course a basic brownie mix with a special ingrenient, to quote empire records "extra sugar" lol. My fav teabag at the minute is 5665 fair trade and goes great with most things errrrrr sweet lol

lol....'extra sugar' eh!!! I like clipper fairtrade organic for your plain old 'breakfast' tea....also Infinity Foods in Brighton do an excellent range of Fairtrade organic teas....but then that's Brighton for you...full of Boheme Beatniks!

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
stetree said:
Better than dover which is full of ermmmmm something. the only fairtrade/organic cafe we had shut down

What's happening with Dover man? Seems to have quite a share of issues as a town right now....things getting any better...I know that Hastings is on the up..

stetree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
oh has plenty of issues alright, supposed to be getting some new high speed ferries working out of the old hover port which should improve things. And they are meant to be spending a couple of million on folkestone harbour to try and get that up and running again which should help

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
stetree said:
oh has plenty of issues alright, supposed to be getting some new high speed ferries working out of the old hover port which should improve things. And they are meant to be spending a couple of million on folkestone harbour to try and get that up and running again which should help

Makes you wonder where all the taxpayers money goes......and closing down the organic tea cafe.....man, that really sucks lol! Ah well, a cup of Tea beckons...feel free if ever in Brighton to pop in for a cuppa and a 'cookie' :rolleyes:

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ahhhh, tea. I love the stuff and have a good 15 tins of it in my cupboard. There is one made up of whole berries that I ALWAYS have on hand along with Russian Earl Grey , peppermint and some pricey white. The rest change as I run out and wish to experiment.

Am I seriously the only one who uses a coffee press for my tea? Add the tea, the water, let steep and then press and serve. Perfect tea in no time.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Am I seriously the only one who uses a coffee press for my tea? Add the tea, the water, let steep and then press and serve. Perfect tea in no time.
Have been known to do similar, Dolph. Anything that keeps the leaves from hanging around and stewing if you let the pot stand full snd still for too long. The same principle behind infusers.

I have pretty much kicked the coffee habit in favour of tea, and feel better for it. I prefer the strong, flavourful brews: English or Irish breakfast. Earl Grey tastes a bit like dishwater, no? Do they still make Twining's blackcurrant?

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not too seasoned though in the world of tea...since I've only had the basic tealeaves...I guess thats 'English Breakfast' tea?
1. The "basic tea leaves" are what we call ordinary, or "gumboot" tea. It quite often offered as part of the range available to a guest

2. English Breakfast Tea is a name given to a specific blend of teas. There are a few different stories about its history, and variations in the exact blend have been formulated by different brands.

3. A cup of tea is always/very often offered if someone is visiting, and also if anyone is troubled, or becoming impatient with something, or someone. At times of loss/tragedy, and also of celebration, tea is always part of our connection with each other. The chance to take a break, and talk about how we are feeling is centered around tea drinking. Many potential misunderstandings have been resolved over a cup of tea.

4.When I worked in China I was once hosted by a cultural organisation that employed a young women to serve tea to visitors. She had been rigorously trained in the 40 or so steps that were considered essential to the whole process. It was a great experience.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not a big tea fan, I'm more of a coffee person myself. Eddy, haven't you forgotten that tea drinkers have an image of being affected and compulsory in their habits? It's okay, it doesn't exactly reflect my thoughts. I used to drink a lot of tea during night flights because coffee used to make me nervous, so tea was the perfect alternative. However, I just noticed I did numerous mistakes about it. And now that I don't do night flights so often anymore, I slipped out of the tea drinking completely... maybe I should start it again.

Don Alejo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
An English friend tells a story about being in a tea room (that's Gay slang for a public toilet where one goes to suck cock) in Cyprus. Just before 4:00, the friend he was crusing with stopped his ministrations on a particularly well endowed local, and announced that they had to return to the hotel for tea. Off they went.

When my friend was recounting this tale to a group of Americans, they couldn't understand why they had left.

That's simple, I pointed out. One can suck cock in a tea room anytime, but full tea is only served once a day.

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My two favorites are gunpowder pearl green tea and oolong. I drink a lot as iced tea and usually go through a couple of quarts a day. Have a glass going from lunch time on, but just water from morning until lunch. I only use tea bags as an emergency (no time to brew it properly) measure.