Teach me how to turn someone down politely but effectively??

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A guy who doesn't take no for an answer? I'd toss a drink in his face. Make the wedding reception a memorable one.
It was my friend's wedding, I really didn't want to ruin it with drama :(

D

deleted936015

Soooo with the no drama thing i guess straight up glassing him was off the cards???

It normally gets the point across quick smart

Reactions: paldine123
Media
back_off_creep_shot_glass.jpg

Galloper

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That actually works, I have told women that I was Gay; being a minor metrosexual, I can get away with it. Then again I have told some men and women, that " Sorry. I am Pre engaged" . Both have worked for me in the past.
We donp`t think in the same way women does. They migh stop, but a guy with a woman probably keep insisting til he goes to the offensive and call her ruthless bitch. As someone else said before, she might try saying "I`ll be right back" and go to chat with someone else.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The fact that he was drunk near the end made it even worse.
I'll work on my bitch-face :mad: and delivery, but I'm not sure even that would have had any effect.

Maybe I need to carry a stun gun and learn to use it discreetly ;)

"Sure I'll dance with you"
ZAAAAAAP!!!
"I don't know what happened, he just collapsed suddenly" *confused innocent face* o_O

The Meat Rod Cometh

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm just so awful at this :(

I was at a wedding this weekend and this guy was constantly hitting on me, hovering around me and cutting into dances with me. Nothing I said discouraged him, and he just got even more persistent once everyone started getting tipsy. Some people are super effective at shutting this type of thing down but I just totally fail at it :(
It was a small ceremony, everyone was somebody's relative or best friend, so I was trying to avoid making a big dramatic scene and ruining my friend's wedding. Maybe the problem is that I'm always trying to avoid drama, being rude or hurting someone's feelings.

Most of the time when I'm walking or on public transit I have my earphones in and avoid making eye contact with men because it seems that whatever I say or do when someone hits on me has no effect.

Women, what's the secret? o_O
Guys, what have women told you that made you instantly back off?

Practice and perfect this face and head motion. Guaranteed to work.

Attachments

Reactions: 1078735

The Meat Rod Cometh

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Oh no, oh no you didn't @EllieP.
Yes, yes she did.

Its times like this I'm really glad to be a few hundred miles away.
See guys, This is why you should never sleep with a seamstress.

If it's a wedding and there are groups or tables of people around, if you don't feel confident or are concerned of what his reaction may be to your knockbacks. Make polite conversation with others at a nearby table or other guests. Become part of a group. At a wedding there are usually groups of people milled about. Go introduce yourself to them, make some new friends.

You said it was your friends wedding, then you probably would have know quite a few others who were present. As you said you are not good at shutting this down, confrontation. For me, it's usually a death stare. But I try not to use it often.

So if you are good at mingling, mingle. Others may step in and give him the hint and move along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Galloper

Galloper

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The fact that he was drunk near the end made it even worse.
I'll work on my bitch-face :mad: and delivery, but I'm not sure even that would have had any effect.

Maybe I need to carry a stun gun and learn to use it discreetly ;)

"Sure I'll dance with you"
ZAAAAAAP!!!
"I don't know what happened, he just collapsed suddenly" *confused innocent face* o_O
Marks on his body will frame you, maybe not the best idea.

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most women just ignore me really. Try to make conversation and they just walk off, pretty clear there. You're very attractive so having men hit on you is the norm, that will happen, that's what we do. Avoiding might be a good start, see where they are and stay out of distance from them? hope that helps....

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Correct! The Lesbian card then raises the bar for them. First, they think you're a challenge; now they think they're the one to convert you! It's no longer a challenge but a mission.

I never do this, perhaps it is why I am so popular with lesbians

mrboboface

Experimental Member
Media
I'm just so awful at this :(

I was at a wedding this weekend and this guy was constantly hitting on me, hovering around me and cutting into dances with me. Nothing I said discouraged him, and he just got even more persistent once everyone started getting tipsy. Some people are super effective at shutting this type of thing down but I just totally fail at it :(
It was a small ceremony, everyone was somebody's relative or best friend, so I was trying to avoid making a big dramatic scene and ruining my friend's wedding. Maybe the problem is that I'm always trying to avoid drama, being rude or hurting someone's feelings.

Most of the time when I'm walking or on public transit I have my earphones in and avoid making eye contact with men because it seems that whatever I say or do when someone hits on me has no effect.

Women, what's the secret? o_O
Guys, what have women told you that made you instantly back off?

You need a serious face. I have a feeling you're a smiling happy person and that gives guys wrong cues. You need to make that switch in body language when you see a guy being too pushy. I've noticed women who don't have the ability to switch like that have more issues with overly aggressive guys. Sorry it this is vaugue.

Reactions: nailz