Teacher Arrested Again for Contact with Teens

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Teacher Who Had Sex With Teen Arrested
    By MITCH STACY,
    AP
    Posted: 2007-12-04 19:14:59
    Filed Under: Crime News, Nation News

TAMPA, Fla. (Dec. 4) - A former middle school teacher serving house arrest for having sex with a 14-year-old student was arrested Tuesday for violating her probation, state records showed.

According to a Department of Corrections report, Debra Lafave discussed her personal life and other subjects with a teenage waitress at a restaurant where they both worked. One of the terms of her probation had been that she was not allowed to have unsupervised contact with any minors without permission.
    Debra Lafave is shown in her booking photo Tuesday. She was arrested for allegedly discussing her personal life with a female co-worker. Her probation does not allow her to have contact with minors without permission.

Lafave could technically be sentenced to prison for up to 15 years for a probation violation, but people close to the case say it's unlikely she'll serve any time behind bars for such a minor offense.

Her attorney, John Fitzgibbons, said he was disappointed that her probation officer ordered her arrest for what he called an "insignificant" violation. He characterized the conversation between Lafave and the 17-year-old girl as "typical workplace conversation that women have with their women colleagues."

"It was a workplace friendship — no more, no less," he said.

Lafave, 26, is serving three years house arrest and seven years probation after pleading guilty to having sex with the 14-year-old boy in a classroom and her home in June 2004.

She was arrested Tuesday morning and released from jail later on her promise to appear in court for a hearing later.

State attorney's office spokeswoman Pam Bondi said prosecutors will not comment on Lafave's arrest until the court hearing.

Probation records show Lafave worked at a Tampa-area restaurant called Danny Boy's until last month when she started working as a receptionist at her mother's barbershop.

While working at the restaurant, the report said, she and a fellow waitress discussed "non-work related issues such as family problems, friends, high school, personal life, boyfriend issues and sexual issues. ... (Lafave) received no permission from the court to have any contact with minors."
    Debra Lafave was sentenced to house arrest and probation in 2005 after pleading guilty to charges that she had sex with a 14-year-old student.
    Lafave was ordered by her probation officer to quit working at the restaurant "due to the current allegations," the report said.

The teenage girl was interviewed as part of the investigation.

Fitzgibbons said Lafave has done so well on her first two years of house arrest that he plans to ask a judge to convert the final year of house arrest to straight probation, which is less restrictive.

The arrest surprised everyone, he said.

"I don't think anyone felt this was a huge issue," he said.

Other terms of her probation include sex offender treatment, random drug testing and 200 hours of community service, which she has already completed. She also is prohibited from capitalizing on the worldwide media attention she received after her arrest.

She pleaded guilty to two counts of lewd and lascivious battery in November 2005.
    Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
    2007-12-04 16:53:32

2. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Dumb she was punished that much in the first place, dumber still that talking to your waitress counts as a parole violation. Screwy country.

[edit] oh... I thought it was actually a waitress who served her her food that she talked to. Not a coworker. The other article I read on this was much shorter and not as clear. Still doesn't change anything.

3. BigBen

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am originally from Florida/Georgia. I still have relatives all over Florida and interests there. I am so thankful the authorities were not so vigilant when I was growing up. Quite a few women in my town would have been arrested for sex with me for the 7 years I was a minor and having sex nearly every day of the week. I never felt "abused" or anything but thankful I had some great women who were great sex teachers and loved sex with a big cock. I owe them a lot for the many life lessons I was taught. This was years and years ago but still, from my perspective I was never abused or used or anything.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

5. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

well.......... not that I agree with the court's decision, but there are ways to avoid teenagers. You might have to get someone to do your grocery shopping for you, as almost all the clerks are teenagers, but other than that it shouldn't be too hard. It does limit your job options by a lot, and restaurant server would be one of those that would make it impossible.

6. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

You've been having sex with adult women since you were 11 years old?

You know... normally I say that an arbitrary line for marking when a person is eligible to consent to sex is nonsensical, that sexual maturity depends far more on the individual than on a number, and prosecuting victimless crimes is pointless....
    but do you really think you were ready for that kind of relationship when you were 11?

I've been "sexually active" since I was... 4 or 5 years old... but it was nothing that serious. Mostly experimentation with my sister and her friends, who were older than me, but only by 3 years. I didn't actually have penetrative intercourse until I was 15 with my then-girlfriend, and wasn't with a much older woman until I was 19, though I don't think it would have harmed me seriously had that happened a bit sooner.

11 probably too early, though. Even for an early bloomer like me.

7. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

(begin rant) OMG! She's currently serving three years house arrest?!??! :eek: I'd rather take a year in prison! I couldn't stand being stuck in my house for three years, except to go to work or take my son to school. WTF!!!!!! (end rant)

I also agree that it's stupid that she was charged with a probation violation for talking to a co-worker. WTF is she supposed to do, quit her job? Or should they just fire the teenager? :cool:

8. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    S.T.O.O.P.I.D.

Then again, this is the state that put dubya on Pennsylvania Avenue...:rolleyes:

9. Osiris

Gold Member

Some of the predator laws and restriction are incredible. I know of a friend here who was convicted for having sex with a minor.

If she goes to the store and a child gets in line right behind her, she is expected by law to leave the line and either seek out a new one or wait until the child is the prescribed distance from her and then she can continue. It is such a joke especially since this person truly is not the true definition of child predator.

Draft saved Draft deleted