Teacher arrested for felony sexual exploitation of a minor

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

What the fuck is wrong with people?!?! How could this moron think what he was doing was okay or that he wouldn't get caught? :confused::mad::eek:

What's worse is that this happens so often, www.badteacher.com is now a necessary website.

Harry Heintz Arrested

Harry Heintz, 29, a former world history teacher and assistant football coach at Whitewater High School, in Fayetteville, Georgia has been arrested for felony sexual exploitation of a minor.
    [​IMG]
    Allegedly Heintz sent a text message to a female student asking her to send him a nude picture of herself.

He came to the attention of authorities when the girl’s mother called police. It is alleged that police found the girl’s cell phone number during a search of Heintz’s property.

Reportedly Heintz who resigned from the school “for personal reasons” on Tuesday is married to a teacher at Booth Middle School and formerly served in the Army in Iraq.

References:
    Coach arrested after texting student for nude photo (11/01/07)
    Local Coach Arrested On Sex Charge (11/01/07)

2. Osiris

Gold Member

WTF?!?! And people wonder why I am leaning toward having my daughter home schooled.

3. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Why is this man incarcerated?

Why has he no right to privacy whilst the only evidence they have is the student's cell number being in his phone?

Do you think that maybe Belinda is playing the media just a little bit?

4. Osiris

Gold Member

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Look at all the sex scandals and the like. I think she was telling the truth.

5. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Yes, his resignation does rather point to his misdemeanor, but does he have no rights until properly proven guilty?

6. eaglespga88

eaglespga88 New Member

"Allegedly"....

He is only 29..not THAT old...and as long as this girl is 16 - 18, (they didnt mention her actual age) I dont think anything of this article. Its more of her over bearing mother snooping (which can be good lots of times) who just flipped out. The teach does look a tad rough around the edges...but its not like he was being a pedophile, it was a high school girl, old enough to wear a bra, have periods, dress in somewhat revealing clothes to school...basically a woman...just that she hasnt graduated yet.

I have seen and heard much...MUCH worse things than this...so, meh.
    He should have never made news, that girls mom is a jackass. There are many other things that could have filled that news spot...like for an ACTUAL offender...not just someone who basically got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

NOTE: I stand by all my thoughts I just jotted down...but I do not...DO NOT agree with what happened because he is already married to boot. But then again all he really got caught with was her cell phone number..all the other ACCUSATIONS are still just that, an accusation, not proven fact..YET.

7. Osiris

Gold Member

By the writ of the law, yes. By his resignation and the view of the media, No.

8. Drifterwood

Gold Member

He is still out of order, Eagle. Age of consent in the UK is 16, but that excludes teachers and others in a position of authority.

Yes it may measure only one on the Richter scale of sex crimes, but I don't want to excuse him of that so long as he is proven guilty.

My point is more about all the hullabaloo and incarceration before he has been proven guilty. It is not as if he poses any real threat to anyone.

Maybe they are doing it for his own protection from his wife. :biggrin1:

9. Principessa

Gold Member

10. No_Strings

Gold Member

:biggrin1:

11. Drifterwood

Gold Member

12. Principessa

Gold Member

Yup, it was used as a way to legislate against homosexuality. Imagine their surprise when they found out we heteros were doing it too :biggrin1::wink::tongue:

13. Drifterwood

Gold Member

:smile:

It reminds me of Lesbianism not being illegal in the UK, because apparently Queen Victoria refused to believe that women would want to do such things.

The article should be titled - Alleged Attempted Sexual Exploitation. Unless of course she did send him a picture, then ironically he is guilty of something worse than harassment. Strange.

14. Freddie53

Gold Member

Driftwood has a point. Their is a major difference between a teacher in their twenties sending text messages which are highly inappropriate than a teacher in their twenties fondling a prepubescent child.

This man is no pedophile. Should he be charged with breaking a law. Perhaps, byt not pedophilia laws. It was highly inappropriate and because of his position as a teacher in the same school the gilr attending against school employee policy which means he is canned as a teacher.

As for what laws did he break? Sending a text message is hardly a sex crime. It would come under stalking or some such area which would include a fine, but not jail time. And his license to teach should be revoked.

This doesn't compare to a teacher who had sex with a one of his students.

Had this been a 29 year old female teacher and a 16 or 17 year old male student, this would never have received this much attention.

Also, it is not illegal for a teacher to date a high school student who is NOT a student in the school where he or she teaches.

The law broken was the teacher/student relationship, not so much the age relationship.

Yes, the man was married. I'm sure his wife is pissed. Look for details on a pending divorce. If we jailed every spouse who sent a text message flirting with someone who is not his or her spouse, we would have more adults in jail than out on the streets.

Is this teacher a jackass? I have no doubt he is. However, we don't incarcerate jackasses.

As far as home schooling to avoid these kind of situations, sometimes it is these protected children in teen bodies who are so innocent that they get hurt much worse than this just do to being naive.

It would be better for the parents to teach their children how to deflect unwanted advances and move on and move on quickly. That is the real world. And this advice can be used for a lifetime.

15. Osiris

Gold Member

When you're right, you're right.

Draft saved Draft deleted