Teachers should be required to have periodic mental health assessments.

"Was only protecting the student from the Plesiosaur your Honour, honestly" Talk about fishy coincidences :)

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This thread has been reported and is temporarily closed pending mod discussion.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Opened.

The teacher should be fired.

And sprayed with Febreze.

Seriously, WTF?

Who the hell in their right mind sprays someone with FEBREZE?

Ok, his lunch was rather pungent. Fine, all well and good. Give him a chance to brush his teeth or even give him some Deodorant Spray, y'know, like Axe or some sort of cologne.

Febreze?

Swear, some of the most fucked up people go into the "Helping Professions.

Redwyvre

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What is fried capelin? What is Febreze? I'll have to google it. Anyway, the teacher really needed to talk about this with a third party before pulling out a bottle of deodorant and spraying it on a student, especially since this sounds like it was a one time event. Yet I've met women who have zero tolerance for the smell of fish.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What is fried capelin? What is Febreze? I'll have to google it. Anyway, the teacher really needed to talk about this with a third party before pulling out a bottle of deodorant and spraying it on a student, especially since this sounds like it was a one time event. Yet I've met women who have zero tolerance for the smell of fish.

Capelin is an Atlantic fish, similar to Smelt. I'd never heard of it, either.
Supposedly tastes a lot like Herring.

Capelin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Febreze is not a deodorant for a person, it's a "Fabric Refresher" used for getting odors out of things like upholstery and carpets. It's NOT intended for human use.

That's why it's so inappropriate. I can understand that the boy reeked, ok. Yeah, he was getting teased by his classmates.

That's where you pull the young man aside, and explain it to him. You offer to give him some deodorant or something made for HUMANS. You can call his parents, and have them to deal with it. You don't spray him with Air Freshener.

Damn. That's just fucking cruel.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Maybe she should just take out her .45 and shoot the Capelin.

Then post the video up on Youtube with a rant about how bad he stinks.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Capelin is an Atlantic fish, similar to Smelt. I'd never heard of it, either.
Supposedly tastes a lot like Herring.

Capelin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Febreze is not a deodorant for a person, it's a "Fabric Refresher" used for getting odors out of things like upholstery and carpets. It's NOT intended for human use.

That's why it's so inappropriate. I can understand that the boy reeked, ok. Yeah, he was getting teased by his classmates.

That's where you pull the young man aside, and explain it to him. You offer to give him some deodorant or something made for HUMANS. You can call his parents, and have them to deal with it. You don't spray him with Air Freshener.

Damn. That's just fucking cruel.

She should have taken him to the bathroom to make sure his hands and face were well washed, maybe given him some mouthwash, but spraying him with Frebreeze in the hallway is just humiliating and would seem to make him an even bigger target for the bullies.

Apparently that's how adults are handling issues these days. :rolleyes:

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Just wash him up a little bit and give him some clothes from the lost and found if they stunk. Poor child. Maybe they didn't have money for "regular" lunch and they just had fish for the kid. As for the classmates teasing him, that was her time to intervene and teach them that it wasn't nice to ridicule other kids. Ugh that damn bitch.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Never heard of Febreze..don't clean much, I guess. A chemical used on furniture is perfect for a child

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Only if the fish posted on facebook would that then be appropriate. :biggrin1:

The teacher should have addressed the issue of other students making comments and then assisted the boy in finding a remedy to the smell away from the other students.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
^Exactly. Which is why I have always been against teachers having the power of corporal punishment. Some of the maniacs that beat on us when we were kids were out of their minds. If any of those fuckers had laid a hand on my children, I would have had their jobs.