Tech Emergency

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Ok... I need a really big favor from anyone on the forums that knows Lotus Notes. I have my manager's laptop and he uses Lotus Notes 4.5a with a Domino Server on Windows NT 4.0. So I digress.. By unfortunate accident his HDD has died. I replaced the HDD put all his data back on that had been backed up to the server (documents ect..), but I don't know how to reconfigure his Notes. I've got the Domino server name, all the IP's, and usernames and access to the admin panel of the Domino server. Anyone that has any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

EDIT: Another thing... how do I restore a userid file?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Wow, if you actually get an answer here LPSG will be my new favorite tech forum! LOL.

Sorry man, no experience w/ Lotus Notes here, but NT 4.0? :eek:

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Wow, if you actually get an answer here LPSG will be my new favorite tech forum! LOL.

Sorry man, no experience w/ Lotus Notes here, but NT 4.0? :eek:

I know right, it's 2009 and he's still running an inventory and email database on an NT 4.0 Server with a get this... Pentium Pro..lol
Thank god I get my upgrade budget in about a week. Lotus is history and some serious hardware upgrades are on the docket.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Dang... I retired one of those 10 years ago! Just when you think they can't possibly exist anymore... :biggrin1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Notes 4.5?!?

Good luck...that's way beyond end-of-life.

AFAIK, the authentication architecture hasn't changed. You'll still need his Notes ID file (essentially a digital certificate) in order to establish communication with a Domino Server. If you can't recover his old ID file, you should be able to export it from the Domino NAB.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Notes 4.5?!?

Good luck...that's way beyond end-of-life.

AFAIK, the authentication architecture hasn't changed. You'll still need his Notes ID file (essentially a digital certificate) in order to establish communication with a Domino Server. If you can't recover his old ID file, you should be able to export it from the Domino NAB.

Well, I ended up doing this the extreme way. I took the HDD apart and put the platters in a functioning unit and recovered the data... including the user.id file. And yea, definitely... WAYYYYY beyond end of life.