Techies help me plz

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HUNGHUGE11X7, Dec 21, 2009.

1. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    I fear I know the answer to my question already but I am asklng nonetheless . I have many recorded DVDs that have not been closed in the recording process or what is known as FINALIZED.
    My home DVD recorder is acting up, coming up with errors and stuff .
    I wanna know will a new DVD recorder be able to read the DVDs I have recorded already but NOT finalized like in the case of DATA CD/DVDs for a PC ?
    I have many I need to close as I have a very bad habit of recording stuff on TV then putting away the DVD , lol, stupid I know but heyyy.

So what is the verdict ? Will a New DVD recorder be able to read them or will I possibly be losing lots of things I recorded on DVD I wanted to save ?

Thx -n - Advance
    HH

2. Incocknito

Gold Member

Why don't you just view the "data" on your PC's DVD drive?

To be honest, to be certain whether a new DVD player can view multi session DVD discs, you would need to look in the specifications but I don't think it would be listed.

Your best bet would be to check for reviews.

DVD Players are really only for playing DVD movies, maybe audio CD's and possibly viewing pictures on.

Although you can do all that and more on a PC's DVD drive. Also it is best to only put what you want on the disc and not to have multi session or unfinalised discs.

3. AbeFroman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It might depend on the format in which the unfinalized data is written. You might try your unfinished DVDs on another DVDR of the same brand. You might also hit up ebay for the same model you have now, if that doesn't work.

4. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    That doesn't work in the case of home DVD recorders :mad:
    After the DVD has been finalized you can view it on and DVD player or a PC but not before then !

That is an excellent idea about looking for one on Ebay , this one is 5 yrs old but you never know what one can find on Ebay !
    What do you mean by format?
    Do you mean recording speed ? Or DVD -/+ ? This recorded only records on - media !

HH

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    In my experience, it's the software that is picky, not the drive.

If you had a drive fail, as long as you used the same software (Roxio, Nero, etc), you should be ok... but get in a habit of closing the disks :)

6. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    are you certain there isn't a data recovery program out there that will find that data. I can't believe that if the data is recorded on the disk it can't be found.

7. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly. This is your answer. Usually as long as in the end you use the same software to finalize it as you used to burn it, it should be ok. Now if you used a disk that wasn't finalized in a player that doesn't burn DVD's then you might have corrupted the disk and it may need to be burnt again. Unfinalized disks are a mess... personally they are a bigger nuisance than any purpose they could serve.:wink:

8. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I use Ontrack. It was expensive as hell, but it works for my customers.
    Even after the drive is formatted a couple of times, I can still pull the data off.

I havent tried it on a CD Rom, but I know it works well for messed up hard drives.

9. luka82

Gold Member

I know little about technology :(
    But i can suck your dick:):):)

Draft saved Draft deleted