Ted Haggard: cured! It's a miracle!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
At first, I thought about placing this under the Fictional Stories forum.

Either it's a miracle or Ted, instead of "the light" has seen his wife's rolling pin. I gleaned the following from several news sources. But if you want to see the Oprah Love Fest, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qy_S64h2eU&feature=related

Ted Haggard and his wife appeared on Oprah's tribute show to cheated upon wives. According to Ted, he now lets his wife check in on his whereabouts via Facebook and Twitter so that she always knows he doesn't have a cock in his mouth, because you can only use the internet in the presence of heterosexuals. :biggrin1:

To whit:

Former New Life Church Pastor Ted Haggard, who lost his Colorado Springs church and leadership status in the evangelical Christian community in 2006 after revelations of a relationship with a male prostitute, told "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that he is rebuilding trust in his marriage by being "super accountable." Haggard said he regularly checks in with his wife, Gayle, and reveals his whereabouts on Facebook and Twitter. If he's out of town without her, he said, he stays with a pastor rather than at a hotel. Haggard said he no longer has homosexual compulsions but has "stepped up" to do this so his wife won't suffer any fear or anxiety about the future. Gayle Haggard's book, "Why I Stayed," was widely available Tuesday in bookstores. She told Winfrey they now have a stronger, better, more intimate marriage. "I love him more now after we've walked through all these difficulties together," Gayle Haggard said.

Yeah, right . . . and I've got a bridge for sale on the East River. :wink:

sfniceguy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
His definition of "homosexual" unfortunately is similar to others' of his faith, that you're only homosexual if you are acting on it. I did see the Oprah interview. If he truly were not homosexual, there wouldn't be any temptation, even when in situations where it were accessible. (He says he's not even tempted any more -- but, that's because he's putting himself in situations where temptation is impossible -- never alone with other men.) Just becuase he chooses to keep himself away from any and all possible temptations, does not men he's cured. It just means he's putting in Herculean effort to remain faithful to his wife. Which I suppose is his (their) choice to make. But what kind of authentic life is that?

dombear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah right, he's only heterosexual when his wife knows about it. A leopard doesn't change it's spots, he's only going to be more cautious now. Either that, or he's got an agreement with his wife to overlook his indiscretions for a notoriety and a nice chunk of change.

legna

Sexy Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In fairness to good ol' Ted, nobody really knows whether he's 100% gay, bi or somewhere in between except him. What I find repugnant in all of this is the way he's characterized his bad behavior as a "gay" problem that he's now got under control. The guy's a chronic philanderer and that's not an exclusively gay issue. Until he comes completely clean with himself and his wife about his real character flaws, he's a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode again.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hee hee hee for all the above. yeah, i bet he actually has been with full dick in his mouth every day since getting caught. he will say and do anything to rationalize his actions

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

mmm . . . . just a note to the Oprah bashers. Case you didn't pick up on this, the topic is Ted Haggard and his religious conversion to heterosexuality. Maybe y'all wanna start your own thread? I'm just sayin . . .

Media
I understand the issues surrounding being a Christian and being gay. I don't judge or cast blame on anyone, however, there is a level of responsibility aside from the ones associated with marriage that come into play. Being a spiritual leader of a church/congregation, one that Ted was responsible for. A whole new set of rules are applied here.

Having grown up on a church bench, my father was a minister. IMO if you are even curious about men on any level sexually, this conflict will effect your ability to lead people who are looking to you for help or guidance.

For me, this is wrong and is nothing more than living an out right lie about who you really are.

Deal with your conflict first, then choose a career as a spiritual leader. In Ted's case things ended badly because those issues were not dealt with properly. If your religious convictions fall along the lines that state engaging in sex with men is deemed sinful, deal with it.

I saw the interview and noticed how reactive he became when confronted. It was pure guilt. All of this accountability he has currently put into effect needed to be initiated in his personal life a very long time ago and further his wife should have never found out as she did.

In this case, for me, it comes to late. Many honest and decent folks where hurt as a result of his poor choices.

Next.

Last edited: