Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
after some recent late night disgusting infomertial viewing, saw a "21 minute teeth whitening system" something about a gel, and a blue light, and making your teeth white in only 21 minutes. I'm extremely sceptical, so was wondering if anyone had bought one, used it, and found out if it works or not. they do have a "30 day money back guarantee" but again, sceptical. no doubt some clause or something prevents you getting your money back. so anyone tried one of the new tooth whiteners, and, if yes, does it actually work????

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I was a tooth model for my dentist in some of his ads because my teeth were naturally one shade off from the lightest shade that they use when making dentures or replacement teeth. They wanted to see if my teeth would bleach lighter than the whitest shade...so I bleached them and they came out startling white...a blinding shade of white. I don't drink things like Coke or coffee that would stain them, so it helps keep them very white, but I only have to touch up my teeth every 4 or 5 months to keep them freakishly white. People stop me in stores and stuff to ask about my teeth and I always laugh. Even when I've been meeting with families at the funeral home, I've had them ask me about my teeth. That would be the last thing on my mind, but I guess I smile a lot so they get shown off LOL.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Knowit,

My teeth aren't likely to get confused for the Christmas tree lights on the Griswold house like prep's :D anytime soon, but I've talked with my dentist a couple of times about whitening. He recommended Crest Whitening Strips, the 18-month version. It does not get each and every tooth, front to back, and does not get the backside of your teeth, but HE SAID if you're like the vast majority of people, it should whiten you to the degree you'd want to be for everyday conversation or picture-taking.

I've seen that same infomerical you have. If you get to see it again, notice that the before/after of the people in it isn't really that dramatic. It's not like they took a 75 yr old life-long coffee drinker with all his natural teeth and changed the candle-power of his smile that much in 20+ minutes. All of those "models" have fairly nice 'before' teeth - whiteness wise. Kind of makes me go hmmmmm.

My dentist did say that if you do the Crest option and get irregular results, then you might have to go to a dentist for fixing if you want a uniform look. No easy answers, I guess :(