Teletubbies in 'gay' probe

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dong20, May 29, 2007.

1. dong20

Gold Member

The 'Teletubbies issue' was mentioned, in passing in the Falwell thread, and in this article too. Such a coincidence that it should turn up in the media, perhaps some Polish TV critics were reading that thread!

It's so utterly ridiculous and laughable that ignoring it is far more than it deserves except for the disturbing thought that some individuals may take it seriously. Rather like the late Falwell actually.

Teletubbies in Polish 'gay' probe - Yahoo! News UK

2. snoozan

Gold Member

My kid loves the teletubbies. I watch them all the time. I have never once seen any sort of overt buggery or even hinting at a homosexual agenda. In fact, the damn things have the mentality of kids under 2, and aren't sexual at all. They don't have genitals or any features that distinguish them as being gendered, and I think the creators probably arbitrarily called them boy or girl just so they could use pronouns (he and she) and so both genders were repesented (instead of the default "he"). At any rate, even if there was some homoerotic in-joke with the creators (which they have denied), none of the preschool set are going to notice.

3. Blocko

Blocko Member

Yeah, I find it odd he went for the Teletubbies and didn't go for the Smurfs. They're much more flagrant, not to mention Communists and Pagans, hahaha.

4. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Wow. They must be bored.

5. Shelby

Gold Member

Duh-uh

Tinky Winky is code for Twink.​

6. dreamer20

Gold Member

If only she had listened.

Now she is an international laughing stock.:wink:

7. geek0

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    youve got to be kidding me :no:

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Stinky Pinky is gay? Who the fuck cares. I turned out gay before the Teletubbies were even invented.

It's sad that some people are so twisted that they sit around and try to think this shit up. I used to work with some hard-core freakazoid charismatic flop-on-the-floor speak-in-tongues assembly of god types. (The company was owned by one of them, and there were only two of us out of 27 who weren't his family or fellow church members) It seemed like every few weeks, one of them would be talking about some cartoon character or other that was "homa-sekshul". Yes, the teletubbies, the "gorgyle" from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, smurfs... all "homa-sekshuls."

Geez.

9. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    No. They're just several years behind US fashions, as usual. :wink:

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Ridiculous! The TeleTubbies are not gay! Everyone knows The Wiggles are all gay. :tongue:

DC_DEEP, you probably ate Cap'n Crunch cereal as a child. That would explain your fondness for sweet men in uniform :tongue: j/k. I love men in uniform, I'm not gay; and I always hated Cap'n Crunch. :biggrin1:

11. dong20

Gold Member

Are you suggesting your breakfast cereal choice can make you gay....?:biggrin1:

12. earllogjam

Gold Member

You know I'm not sure why they didn't go after more blatently obvious homosexual characters in children's entertainment.

Bert and Ernie - Sesame Street
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Popeye and Bluto - You'd have to be gay to think Olive Oil's attractive.
    Mr. Peabody and Sherman
    Spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward
    Johnny Quest, Haji, his doctor dad and that hunk Race.
    Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans
    Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

13. aristarchus

aristarchus Member

Don't forget Bugs Bunny--how many times did he plant big wet smooches on Elmer Fudd?? Oh, but wait, Bugs Bunny isn't actually *children's* entertainment....

14. earllogjam

Gold Member

Yeah Bugs Bunny was a drag queen, to put it simply.

15. B_Kshelby67

B_Kshelby67 New Member

BAHAHAHAHAHA !!! oh man saying that out loud is too funny. I really am enjoying myself over here.

Aaaaaanyways, Who the fuck cares who is gay and who isn't? I'd much rather have my kid watch gay cartoons run around than the often obscene violence that seems to be the other option. What is not an option however, is TURNING OFF THE MOTHERFUCKING TV AND INTERACTING WITH YOUR CHILD
    What the fuck is wrong with people? Why is this even a fucking issue!?!? It is a fucking cartoooooon!

See, I went from all cute and giggly to pissed off and cussing. It must've been the cartoons I watched as a kid.

16. aristarchus

aristarchus Member

Indeed, which reminds of one of his most memorable lines sung in a dress to Mr. Fudd. From the incomparable "Rabbit of Seville":
    "Don't you think that I'm much sweeter?
    I'm your little senorit-er!"

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

My fondness for men in uniform? Is that a reference to my gallery? If so, then my fondness is for me in uniform... and Cap'n Crunch is NASTY! Coconut oil and sugar, with a single fleck of oat flour added. Ugh!
    That's the crux of the matter, dear. I'll tell you what the fuck is wrong with people: they want the nanny-state to do their parenting for them. It's easier, and if the child turns out badly, the parents can blame everyone but themselves.

18. dreamer20

Gold Member

The so called "scandal" is bound to boost the show's ratings as it will make people curious about the teletubbies. They will be disappointed to find the show to be quite stale and innocent. It could use a bit of spice e.g. see the Will Smith clip below:wink::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMaCyP6wM7o&mode=related&search=

19. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Thats smart...

But yeah... I think that I'm not going to have a TV in my house... when I move out.

Draft saved Draft deleted