Television male characters you felt(no matter how many dates he had) was totally bi?

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not the actors, mind you, but the television characters you kind of grew up upon and yet you felt no matter how many dates he had or have now, that character seem to swung both ways still. Which television character from a show gave you that feeling about them?

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
From the 1990s British show, "As Time Goes By", the supporting male role of Alistair always came across as bi. He was supposed to be the 90s urbane metro-sexual play-boy for England, but the character was never quite convincing. Over the course of the show, you were always waiting for him to "come out"

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
The various Star Trek series also have some sexually ambiguous characters

• Obviously Q from The Next Generation. He comes across as very effete in the early episodes, then in later episodes and in cross-over appearances with DS9 or Voyager, he seems attracted to women. The character was never convincing, though.
  • Lt. Geordie La Forge. He never seemed to be able to land a real woman. His closest romantic encounter was with hologram of the lead female engineer who designed the engines of the Enterprise D.
  • Dr. Julian Basheer from Deep Space 9. He has empathetic, emotive style, a penchant for style, and his "man-dates" with the Khardassian taylor makes the character questionable.
  • Tasha Yar - to name a woman. She was the Chief of Security on TNG before Lt. Whorf came along.
  • On "Enterprise" - the British actor who played the Chief of Security for Captain Archer. The character had such a daddy complex that you can just imagine him as playing around in leather and bondage off duty. When Archer addressed him, the character said, "Yes, Sir" a little too crisply.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Joey from Friends. On the show they often joked about how people perceived Chandler as gay, but I always thought that if one of the guys were to get it on with another guy, it would have been Joey. Even though he's heterosexually promiscuous, he's the one who is obviously the most comfortable with nudity and physical closeness with other guys. For example:
  • He uses Chandler's toothbrush and is comfortable sharing intimate items with Chandler.
  • He was willing to have a threesome with Chandler and another woman.
  • After accidentally falling asleep on the couch with Ross and inadvertently taking a nap together, he wanted to "do it again." (He eventually does talk Ross into it.)
I think that Joey's justone of those very un-self-conscious kind of guys who just goes with the flow and does what feels good. He's the kind of guy who doesn't consciously think of himself as gay or even bi, because he's attracted to women. He may never have even thought of doing it with another guy, but if it happened, he'd go with it, especially if it were a MMF threesome, but it would have to happen in such a way that would not cause him to question his sexuality. If someone told him that's it's OK for a guy to do stuff with another guy as long as there were a woman there, too, he'd believe it.

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From the 1990s British show, "As Time Goes By", the supporting male role of Alistair always came across as bi. He was supposed to be the 90s urbane metro-sexual play-boy for England, but the character was never quite convincing. Over the course of the show, you were always waiting for him to "come out"

I thought I was the only one who watched "As Time Goes By"! And yes, Alistair always struck me as bi, or at very least "metrosexual" ("Hi, Li!").

Another British show with a questionable character was "Waiting for God"; I always thought Harvey Baines (with whom Jane was infatuated) seemed to be waiting for the right guy to sweep him off his feet and fuck his brains out.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Race Bannon - Johnny Quest cartoon series

The Joker, Batman, Catwoman, Riddler

Andrea on Beverly Hills 90210

Lou Grant

Mr. Cleaver

BJ Honeycutt on MASH

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What a funny thread!

Absolutely!

The various Star Trek series also have some sexually ambiguous characters

• Obviously Q from The Next Generation. He comes across as very effete in the early episodes, then in later episodes and in cross-over appearances with DS9 or Voyager, he seems attracted to women. The character was never convincing, though.
  • Lt. Geordie La Forge. He never seemed to be able to land a real woman. His closest romantic encounter was with hologram of the lead female engineer who designed the engines of the Enterprise D.
  • Dr. Julian Basheer from Deep Space 9. He has empathetic, emotive style, a penchant for style, and his "man-dates" with the Khardassian taylor makes the character questionable.
  • Tasha Yar - to name a woman. She was the Chief of Security on TNG before Lt. Whorf came along.
  • On "Enterprise" - the British actor who played the Chief of Security for Captain Archer. The character had such a daddy complex that you can just imagine him as playing around in leather and bondage off duty. When Archer addressed him, the character said, "Yes, Sir" a little too crisply.

Wow, you really know your Star Trek characters! This was spot on!

Revealing my geeky side, I think Spike from Buffy and Angel always seemed bi. He had a bit of that Brian from QAF out-of-control-sexuality thing going on. Or maybe I'm projecting because that would have been really hot.

Paul from Mad Men seems like he would be bi-curious. He's into challenging social norms and experimenting and he's open minded.