Tell us about your best friend!

awellhungboi: Aw, that's so sweet, Nony. I'm hope she knows how lucky she is to have someone like you as a friend.

ish789: my best friend is a girl... yes its a girl who cares...

Her name is Frani, yes we are going out, damn proud of it, brown eyes. brown hair, loves speed (*grin*), hates all leonardo dicaprio movies, hates brad pitt, says i look like johnny depp (in my opinion a fatter johnny depp but anyways :p im over that),
She loves me and i love her so where the wrong in that.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My best buddy is Johnny.  We each raised 4 kids, our houses' backyards abutting.  All of those two-family Halloweens and other holiday family fun, picnics, the hard times and good times, etc. kept us close over the years.

The kids are grown, I've divorced and Johnny and his wife have moved into the county, but we still have those "showing off the grandchildren" get-togethers and Johnny and I remain as close as brothers.

We each need someone we can call a good friend.  If you don't have one, make one.  It's well worth the effort.

Pecker

(Have you ever tried to... throw away a trashcan?  You can't do it. It keeps coming back.)

da_blissmachine: I've slept with my best friend every night since I was a baby :p

prepstudinsc: My best friend and I have been friends for about 9 years....we had dinner together the other night and were rehashing how we met, when we met, etc. We have many similarities, both coming from conservative backgrounds, both being only children, etc. He's 3 years younger than me, and he's like the brother that I never had. He tells me that I'm like a brother to him.
We know all there is to know about each other. He is one of the few people that everytime we talk, which is several times a week, that I tell him I love him. It's not a physical thing, it's just as if we have known each other from the time we were little. It's a remarkable friendship, and I know that we will remain friends until we die.

sammygirly: My BEST friend is Maximillian - but you all know that. I thought I'd try a new person for yall...

My best friend is a 29-year old gay male who is terrified of the approaching 3-0. I've known him only for 5 years now, but it seems like forever. We operate much of the time, on the same wavelength.

When we don't, it's my sensible side to his emotional side - both of which compliment each other very nicely. We take turns at being in charge...him at home, me at work. It's funny really - the extreme role reversals.

I met him at work - he dropped off his resume and we all laughed at his purple silk shirt and speculated on his sexuality (office women are gossips extreme - even about those we don't even know). After he was hired, we just kinda hit it off....and now it's as if we're joined at the hip.

Hell, we even get written up together - regardless of whether we both committed the crime.

We worked side by side creating a department at work, and making it work...and now, even though I've changed departments, and floors - we're still as close as ever, working steadily off each other.

He's pissed me off more than almost any other person. He's held me when I cried. He stole a little stuffed goat to make me smile when I was in a bad place. He let me sleep in his bed the night my ex moved out so I wouldn't have to be alone, and moved in with me a week later.

He's a queen - but he's mine and he just might be a keeper.

longtimelurker: Is it just me, or do people have different 'best' and 'closest' friends?

I define 'best' friend as the person that I just 'click' with the best - have the best time when I'm out with them and we connect on several levels.

My 'closest' friend, however is the one I see most frequently, knows whats going on in my life best and that I can confide in more easily.

They are two different people, but I think that is probably due to my circumstances, as I see my 'closest' friend a hell of a lot more than my 'best' friend due to geography, time and other such boring things.