Tell us about your best friend...

chrispy

Expert Member
Media
New Bedford (Massachusetts, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My very best friend, Justin, and I have known each other for more than 20 years. There is nothing he doesn't know about me, good or bad, and he has never passed judgement.

He loves me unconditionally, and that is the greatest gift I have ever received...

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My very best friend, Justin, and I have known each other for more than 20 years. There is nothing he doesn't know about me, good or bad, and he has never passed judgement.

He loves me unconditionally, and that is the greatest gift I have ever received...

Treasure your friendship now as things have a way of changing.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My best friend is a straight guy in Berlin, Germany.

Years ago, when I was living in Atlanta the first time around, a co-worker asked me if I'd sponsor an exchange student. Knowing I was gay I said there would be no way they would allow it...but they did and it turned out to be an incredible experience and formed a life time friendship. AND NOTHING EVER HAPPENED BETWEEN US!

He came to Atlanta at 18 years old. I was his dad for all intents and purposes. We traveled together whenever I had to travel for work, he came to New Orleans for Christmas and he got to see a lot of the US. One special moment for me was when he was standing alone overlooking the Pacific Ocean in San Francisco. I walked up behind him and he turned to me crying. He said he never thought that he would get to see the Pacific (he was from East Berlin). The same thing happened as we watched the fireworks at midnight at Disney World.

Anyway, he went back to Berlin and I eventually moved to Prague and we stayed in touch. He confessed to me once that he spoke to a card reader and she told him all about me in detail and told him that in a past life we were married. I was the man and he was the wife (strange turn around there!). He acknowledged that he felt that deep connection with me from almost day one as he arrived in Atlanta. I also confessed that I, for whatever reason, also felt some deeper connection.

In any event, he's 36 now; married and has kids but whenever we see each other he hugs me and kisses my cheek (I do the same to him). He came to Prague (alone) to my going away party and was telling my Prague friends all about his time in the US and how proud he was of me etc. Made me feel so good.

Marcus, you are so loved and missed!

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I and a certain fellow met about 30 years ago and became friends during a very difficult and important period of both our lives, when we were both just out of college and at a loss what to make of our working lives. Subsequently, we lived in different parts of the country, but remained close, spending large parts of days together whenever I would visit my home town (where he remained) and, when apart, communicating by letter, telephone, and eventually e-mail. We had a vast stock of conversational references in common, some of it very sophisticated, some of it very silly. In the fall of 2008, he was found to have brain cancer, and in the summer of 2010, he died of it. I said at his memorial service: "I could not have asked for a better friend. Certainly I do not expect ever to have one."

I'm very sorry for your loss...

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks Mick :smile: Good to see you're still here too!

:redface:

I don't have that one, all encompassing "best friend" -- I guess if I did, and he were a man, I'd want him as a partner...so maybe that's best...

My two current best friends both live in other cities, but we stay in touch by phone regularly. I only see them a few times a year.

Will is straight and married with one kid. We worked together over 10 years ago, and kept in touch ever since. Both moving from STL in the interim. I was in his wedding, talk to his 2 year old on the phone, etc. We travel and play golf, bum around town. etc.

Julia I have known all my life, although we became great friends in our early 20s. We were inseparable for several years. Her kids call me "Uncle" now. We're on the phone all the time.

My two best friends growing up, I've grown apart from. One is pretty much a self-stunted loser, and the other is a militant Baptist Jesus freak who has to preach to you and pray for you every time he sees you. I'm still friendly with them, and see them once in a while, but have no real interest in talking to them regularly.

I don't really have any close friends where I live now. It's kind of a small area. I have several casual friends or strong acquaintances -- whatever you want to call them, and some distant relatives that I've met over the years.

I started building a relationship with a great guy a few years ago. Justin was straight, but he did set off my gaydar from time to time. I guess I knew him for about 6 months, when he mixed too much booze and a few too many pills, and died over the Christmas holidays. I stayed out of town for an extra day (the night he died) to go to a wedding, and that just killed me for months. (The whole "if I'd been there" guilt thing...) It's been almost 5 years and I still miss him dearly.

I'm glad I can deal pretty well with being alone a lot of the time. If I couldn't, I'd have a problem.

Last edited:

josh20hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I met my best friend almost five years ago when we worked together .. I have had friends in the past that I thought were best friends but never really understood what a best friend was until I met him ... He is honestly the best person I have ever met ... I love him like a brother and look up to him like a role model .. I'm so fortunate that I met him.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my best friend is my wife. met in a bar, she was gfs with a gal I was dating, we broke up and 6 mos later my wf & I started dating. that was 35 yrs ago. we have had our share of ups and downs over the years for sure. we are very compatible and comfortable together, from similiar backgrounds, grew up just above the "poor" category. we slowly improved our lot in life. our sex life has slowed down but when we were young we couldn't get enuf of each other. we fucked daily, incredible sex.