Telling A Straight Guy Ur Interested In Him

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is truly my honest take on this subject.

I don't bother with telling straight guys that I am interested in them. Why? They like women. Why am I wanting to make them feel uncomfortable revealing..."I am smitten with you?" I think that straight men deserve to be with the women they like.

I think that straight men shouldn't be put on a pedestal like that. Yeah, I am not saying that gay men shouldn't like who they like. After all, it is sexual desire. Because you like someone doesn't mean that they like you back. And gay men shouldn't get upset when those feelings aren't reciprocal.

saxxa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have had sex with "straight" men on occasion. First experience was freshman year of college when out hiking, my friend and I went skinny dipping. One thing led to another and it happened. We were caught by a few women in the group we were in. The said it looked really hot to watch two tall, well built golden gods going at it. It has always been a one time thing and is always serendipitous. I always thought there was something about me that provoked these sex-capades.
I also believe everyone is bisexual to some degree, but do not acknowledge it or act upon it because of religious reasons or social mores.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I don't bother with telling straight guys that I am interested in them. Why? They like women. Why am I wanting to make them feel uncomfortable revealing..."I am smitten with you?" I think that straight men deserve to be with the women they like.

I think that straight men shouldn't be put on a pedestal like that. Yeah, I am not saying that gay men shouldn't like who they like. After all, it is sexual desire. Because you like someone doesn't mean that they like you back. And gay men shouldn't get upset when those feelings aren't reciprocal.
They also deserve the honesty of knowing why a person is constantly around them, acting odd or even in a jealous fashion when others come along and consume their time. Through the years I have had on two occasions fallen madly and foolishly in what resembles love with a married man. In both cases I let them know. They made clear that this was not the way they were and that was that. In the weeks which followed things were admittedly uncomfortable; but, in both cases, things eventually evolved into strong solid friendships. Had I not indicated my desires to them, there would have been no possibility of continuing a genuine friendship since an element of truth would always have been kept hidden away-which is fair to nobody.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Tardis, I think you did the right thing by telling your friend how you felt, and it took a lot of courage. Both of you understood that good relationships are built on trust. I hope things are still going well for both of you.

Although my situation was different from yours, I can understand how hard it was for both of you. I had known this bi guy (incredibly intelligent, charismatic and broad-minded) for a few years, and even though we lived oceans apart, we still managed to write and talk a lot and see each other whenever possible; we became very close. A few years ago, I realised that I truly loved him and that I had never been so happy. I let him know how I felt, which made him feel a little uncomfortable, and he responded by saying that he truly cared for me and would always be there for me. I tried never to bring the subject up again for fear of losing him (from then on whenever I wrote him I would use the euphemisms ''care for'' and ''missing'' instead of ''to love'' and ''needs to be close to...''). One evening last year, when we were together (I was in his home country), we had the opportunity to talk. Instead of telling him directly, I chose to tell him in a clumbsilly written letter. Unfortunately, nothing good came of it--it destroyed our relationship. In spite of this, I still love him (would accept him with open arms), but I know he feels pressured not to respond because of social mores.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Tardis, I think you did the right thing by telling your friend how you felt, and it took a lot of courage. Both of you understood that good relationships are built on trust. I hope things are still going well for both of you.

Although my situation was different from yours, I can understand how hard it was for both of you. I had known this bi guy (incredibly intelligent, charismatic and broad-minded) for a few years, and even though we lived oceans apart, we still managed to write and talk a lot and see each other whenever possible; we became very close. A few years ago, I realised that I truly loved him and that I had never been so happy. I let him know how I felt, which made him feel a little uncomfortable, and he responded by saying that he truly cared for me and would always be there for me. I tried never to bring the subject up again for fear of losing him (from then on whenever I wrote him I would use the euphemisms ''care for'' and ''missing'' instead of ''to love'' and ''needs to be close to...''). One evening last year, when we were together (I was in his home country), we had the opportunity to talk. Instead of telling him directly, I chose to tell him in a clumbsilly written letter. Unfortunately, nothing good came of it--it destroyed our relationship. In spite of this, I still love him (would accept him with open arms), but I know he feels pressured not to respond because of social mores.
Thanks Titan for that, i feel for you without being patronising it is such a dilema, not knowing what is best, dealing with your feelings and emotions and trying to protect his, and the unsurity of losing what you have already if the person becomes uncomfortable or does not understand. But i believe in honesty and what you did was couragous also, your hurting, but further down the line in years to come you would have hurt more with thinking, What If ?, Maybe i should. I wonder if i had.It takes guts to do what we did. And the best part is, if i had the chance over again i would still do it all over, Take care mate

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
They also deserve the honesty of knowing why a person is constantly around them, acting odd or even in a jealous fashion when others come along and consume their time. Through the years I have had on two occasions fallen madly and foolishly in what resembles love with a married man. In both cases I let them know. They made clear that this was not the way they were and that was that. In the weeks which followed things were admittedly uncomfortable; but, in both cases, things eventually evolved into strong solid friendships. Had I not indicated my desires to them, there would have been no possibility of continuing a genuine friendship since an element of truth would always have been kept hidden away-which is fair to nobody.

Exactly!!!!, I agree and good trusting relationships can come from honesty and trust from the start.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I would never tell a straight guy that I was in love with him. I know that they like women. And I think that would make things awkward.

nashboy

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
straight guys that are remotely comfortable wiht gay guys LOVE the attention...trust me....my last boyfriend...was straight when i met him...lol...that did a WORLD of good for my self-esteem....LOL. i would just be honest from the get go....chances are they'll just be flattered either way.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I told a guy last week I think he is hot, he parks cars at the country club and he is like VERY straight, the kind that has the imaginary neon sign above their head that flashes, STAIGHT MAN, lol, anyway, he smiled and said, whatever dude.
Landon

chrisj428

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Tardis, I think you did the right thing by telling your friend how you felt, and it took a lot of courage. <snip> I hope things are still going well for both of you.

A few years ago, I realised that I truly loved him and that I had never been so happy. I let him know how I felt, which made him feel a little uncomfortable, and he responded by saying that he truly cared for me and would always be there for me. I tried never to bring the subject up again for fear of losing him (from then on whenever I wrote him I would use the euphemisms ''care for'' and ''missing'' instead of ''to love'' and ''needs to be close to...''). One evening last year, when we were together (I was in his home country), we had the opportunity to talk. Unfortunately, nothing good came of it--it destroyed our relationship. In spite of this, I still love him (would accept him with open arms), but I know he feels pressured not to respond because of social mores.

Titan,

I edited your response slightly to reflect what transpired in my circumstance. On one hand, a part of me regrets handling the situation the way I did. On the other, I'm sort of relieved, because a very unhealthy stalemate had been achieved which was doing neither of us any good whatsoever.

cocktoberfest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
done it once and ruined one of the best friendships i had at the time, never do it again. moral is: dont fall for straight guys!

here here.

my straight best friend for more than 10 years and I ended up fooling around on a regular basis - jacking off and cocksucking. I was falling in love, he was "experimenting" and the moment I said I was interested in him he cut things off and we never spoke after that.

such a waste.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have two experiences. One I had a co-worker that was straight and I was madly in love with him, and then I realized I was just lusty for him. Anyway, one day I told him that I really did like him physically, and I would have love to do things to him, but I value our friendship more. He seemed a little disturbed and told me " I was to much"

The second experience, was me and a bunch of friends were at a club all dancing, and we made one of those lines where everybody is dancing to gether in one line. So I pulled this straight friend and pointed that he had ot get in line in front of me, so I could dance with him in the line. He took it in stride and actually turned around to dance with me, and I don't know why
( probably alcohol) but I told him, to go away cause he was making me hard, and he just laughed and tried to basically hump me madly, which for some reason made me laugh and I lost the hard on I actually was getting. I think he thought I was joking about getting a hard on.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
here here.

my straight best friend for more than 10 years and I ended up fooling around on a regular basis - jacking off and cocksucking. I was falling in love, he was "experimenting" and the moment I said I was interested in him he cut things off and we never spoke after that.

such a waste.

Sorry to hear that devildix, but sounds like sex was involved along the way, that does make a difference from the start, my situation did not have sex as the main, we had feelins for each other, we were comfortable, we were two people from different situations that was at a higher level than just sex as a basis.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
From my experiences, straight guys don't mind the physical so much, under the right circumstances, but if you shift the discussion to "relationship" it crosses a line for them.