Telling Over Text

sh0n

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Just wanna know everyone's opinion about telling someone that your gay over text messages? Do or Dont and your reasoning behind it.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Maybe it's just me, but I take things like this to heart. If we're family, good friends- like family, then you should be man enough to tell me something important either face to face, or at least call. Besides, if you were text something like that to me, and I didn't respond right away, then you might assume that the situations isn't going well, and that could bother you.

I ended a friendship with a best friend because he ignored my phone calls for a week only because he was afraid to tell me that he was going to live with his sister the following semester. We were always close, and talked about everything- and he just couldn't do it. But he could tell me through a facebook private message. Fuck. That. If you're not man enough to talk to me, then you're obviously not man enough to be my friend. I only deal with pussies during sex, ya know what I mean?

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depends on whom you're talking to, and how safe it is for you to come out to them. The closer someone is to you the less cool it is to break any big news by text. However, if you're afraid for your safety, then telling someone remotely isn't such a bad idea.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If this person matters to you (even just a tiny bit) then I would tell them in person. I wouldn't tell someone something like this over text, it's too impersonal for such a personal matter.