Telling Over Text

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by sh0n, Apr 15, 2011.

1. sh0n

sh0n Member

Albums:
    Just wanna know everyone's opinion about telling someone that your gay over text messages? Do or Dont and your reasoning behind it.

2. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe it's just me, but I take things like this to heart. If we're family, good friends- like family, then you should be man enough to tell me something important either face to face, or at least call. Besides, if you were text something like that to me, and I didn't respond right away, then you might assume that the situations isn't going well, and that could bother you.

I ended a friendship with a best friend because he ignored my phone calls for a week only because he was afraid to tell me that he was going to live with his sister the following semester. We were always close, and talked about everything- and he just couldn't do it. But he could tell me through a facebook private message. Fuck. That. If you're not man enough to talk to me, then you're obviously not man enough to be my friend. I only deal with pussies during sex, ya know what I mean?

3. erratic

Gold Member

Depends on whom you're talking to, and how safe it is for you to come out to them. The closer someone is to you the less cool it is to break any big news by text. However, if you're afraid for your safety, then telling someone remotely isn't such a bad idea.

4. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

If this person matters to you (even just a tiny bit) then I would tell them in person. I wouldn't tell someone something like this over text, it's too impersonal for such a personal matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted