Temporary Departure

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dcwrestlefan, Mar 14, 2006.

1. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

Given some of the recent drama here, I wasn't sure whether to post this or just slip out quietly. Life's been a bit screwy lately.

Will be gone for awhile because I am checking into alcohol rehab. Booze has me by the neck and is causing me health and legal problems. I don't really have any close friends on the board, but thought if anyone wondered, I wanted to be honest about where I was. And if anyone else who reads this is going through the same thing, hopefully it will encourage you too to seek help.

Be good to each other and take care. Rich in Arlington, VA.

2. windtalkerways

Gold Member

Take care Rich and all the very best to you! :smile:

3. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

I sent you a PM
    ((((Rich))))

4. bakardi420

bakardi420 Member

Good luck! Just remember change is possible, it's just hard!

5. Freddie53

Gold Member

Bravo to you for taking action to save your healh and person. You are a member of THIS FAMILY. Those of us who are religious will be praying for you. Those who are not will be thinking of you.

Feel free to come back here for as much moral support as you need. We will do all we can to support you in this time of your life.

And we want to hear from you letting us know how you are doing from time to time.

Most everyone has some kind of addiction. it is just that some addictions are more harmful than others to our bodies or to our relationships. Mine is sugar. As long as I don't eat it I am fine. But if I eat just a little sugar than the next thing I know I have inhaled six desserts. High cholestrol, obesity, and poor circulation on the legs and shortened life are the effects that I am facing for my addiction to sugar of the last few decades.

And sugar doesn't compare to alcohol in the possible bad consequences of addiction. But it still is a constant battle for me. Artificial sweetners don't do that fortunately. It is the sugar itself.

Kick ass and win this battle. We are rooting for you.

6. Matthew

Gold Member

Rich - stay strong, brother. Come back and check in on us.

7. GoneA

Gold Member

ditto.

take care, get well, and i hope you have a speedy return

8. Webster

Webster New Member

Dear Rich,

When I was in my 20s, a close friend died from the effects of alcoholism.

Seeing one of our LPSG family members struggling with particular troubles in life, seems to bring out the love and caring support in each of us here. I've seen it again and again.

Don't they say that the first step toward recovery is to admit that you have a problem, and the second step is to seek help?

My friend, you're already a good part of the way there. And, you deserve congratulations for that.

You're stronger than you think.

9. Onslow

Gold Member

Be good to yourself and stay strong. Although I am a prime example of how not to stay sober (a smattering of folks know of my recent disaster...relationship is over, home is gone, new location...the list goes on as to how the alcohol screwed me over again); many people can do it. My thoughts are aimed towards you being able to get everything back on track and look forward to seeing you back here once the rehab is done with.

10. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Glad to see you're putting the wheels in motion to find a solution, Rich... take it one day at a time (because it really is the only way).. and we look forward to seeing you back in these parts soon. :smile:

11. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Rich--

My thoughts are with you and know that we will be here, anxiously waiting for you to return man.

Be well.

12. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

From your very earliest posts on LPSG some of us picked up on your problem, Rich, and we've worried over it with you. May God bless you and your loved ones as you face your addiction head on and may you succeed beyond your greatest hopes.

P.S. I'm moving this thread to Et Cetera, Et Cetera where it may get more responses.

13. Sam1070

Sam1070 New Member

Good luck to you! I admire you for taking this action. Hang in there. You will reverse the course. Check back often and let us know how you are progressing.

14. windtalkerways

Gold Member

Yes, as Sam says...please come back
    when you can and let us know how
    you are doing.

If all the positive thoughts and good
    wishes count for anything...you are
    already on your way to getting well.:smile:

15. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    All The Best For YOU!!! I really mean that... I remember when alcohol had a hold of me. At first I just blamed all my problems on the booze but I soon realized it just wasn't the booze. It was Me on the Booze,that was my First step towards recovery. I won't bore you with the soaried details of the trouble alcohol caused me through out my life. At the time I quit I couldn't imagine ever ever not having another drink in my life but low and behold Im now celabrating 15 years of soberity now. WHOOO HOO!!! Just remember One day at a time pretty soon you have a WEEK under your belt then a MONTH then a YEAR and so on. Then after the days started adding up in my soberity I wouldn't let ANYTHING and I do mean ANYTHING!!! Steal that from me. So do what ever it takes. Belive it or not things will get better. I just hope my words encouage you and help you especially the Last part about not letting ANYTHING steal your soberity from you. Feel free to send me a PM love to hear how it's going for you and everyone else God Bless and Good Luck!!!

16. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Good luck, Rich. You're making the first step and doing the right thing. Come back and be a part of us soon!

17. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

thank you all for your incredibly kind messages. you all are REALLY awesome. am back, but not finished with the work that i need to do.

18. mindseye

Gold Member

Welcome back -- it's great to see you again; hope you're doing stronger and better. :)

19. Webster

Webster New Member

Hugs.

:smile: :wink:

20. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration.:cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted