Ten most corrupt politicians for 2009

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Jun 2, 2010.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

2. B_starinvestor

For those that aren't familiar with Judicial Watch: non-partisan educational foundation, promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law. Through its educational endeavors, Judicial Watch advocates high standards of ethics and morality in our nation's public life and seeks to ensure that political and judicial officials do not abuse the powers entrusted to them by the American people. Judicial Watch fulfills its educational mission through litigation, investigations, and public outreach.

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

From the "About Page" of the site you just sourced:
    Judicial Watch, Inc., a conservative, non-partisan educational foundation, promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law. Through its educational endeavors, Judicial Watch advocates high standards of ethics and morality in our nation's public life and seeks to ensure that political and judicial officials do not abuse the powers entrusted to them by the American people. Judicial Watch fulfills its educational mission through litigation, investigations, and public outreach.
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/about-us

Nice try, star... if a site was "non-partisan" it wouldn't have even mentioned that it was Conservative OR Liberal beforehand. Funny how it didn't even take one sentence for the creators of the site to contradict themselves, eh? :rolleyes:

4. B_starinvestor

Ensign is on the list fyi. Look at the list for the prior two years - plenty of republicans.

A shame this cabinet and congress are so littered with criminals and frauds.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

But wait... there's more!
    Through its Open Records Project, Judicial Watch also provides training and legal services to other conservatives concerning how to effectively use the Freedom of Information Act and other open records laws to achieve conservative goals of accountability and openness in government.

If this site is "non partisan", then Lindsey Lohan never did drugs. :rolleyes:

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yeah, whatever... the site clearly says they're conservative BEFORE they are non partisan. And ironically, you purposely omitted that word when you decided to talk about who they were on your second post. Gee, I wonder why? :rolleyes:

In other words, the site cannot be thoroughly trusted for any amount of complete accuracy. Neither can you.

7. B_starinvestor

I wasn't aware that accountability and openness in gov't were 'conservative' goals. I thought it was the law.

If they are, indeed, 'conservative goals' then it stands to reason that the liberal goals are non-accountability and secrecy in gov't.

Explains alot.:rolleyes:

8. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    can i nominate Bob Ruben and Larry Summers, for runners up?

9. maxcok

Gold Member

Clearly non-partisan. Good one, doll. :laughing:

#9 maxcok, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Yes it does.
    Next time, be sure to remember what the dictionary definition of nonpartisan is before providing a source link and crowing about its supposed credibility. And BTW, notice what I told you the first time: if a site was "non-partisan" it wouldn't have even mentioned that it was Conservative OR Liberal beforehand.

But I know every time you see my name, you instantly think "Liberal" and your typical partisan BS comes to the surface... just like in your most recent response to me. Ignoring the fact that my initial response to YOU was more nonpartisan than anything you can find on that website. Rushing to judgement before you even read what was presented? Try not to do that next time, OK? It makes you look bad. :rolleyes:

#10 B_VinylBoy, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  11. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Idiots...last I checked "Conservative" wasn't a political party.

Conservative =/= partisan.

12. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...it is a political ideology closely aligned with one of the two major US parties, though.

13. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Thanks for the horseshit thread Star. Stay classy. :rolleyes:

14. dreamer20

Gold Member

15. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    Um ya. Judicial Watch is working to pack the courts out in California and some other states with Jesus freaks. I don't think I'll be listening to them.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It may not be a political party, but it is an ideology that is characterized with a specific type of party. Especially when you read the content within. Let's not be nitpicky here, Qua. Put that together along with the usual antics the OP pulls around here, and even you should know what the outcome is going to be.

The source for the OP's content is not nonpartisan. ANYONE can see that. I'll let the "idiot" comment slide this time.

#16 B_VinylBoy, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  17. B_starinvestor

The sheep are lining up on this one.

As of yet, no one has refuted any of the material presented in the list. As per protocol on this forum, bashing the source/cite is the only argument anyone can come up with.

Forget that the organization is comprised of attorneys, and the list of most corrupt in '07 and '08 included a number of republicans.

Sorry folks, facts is facts.

The misdirection, scandals, hoodwinking and outright law-breaking have been researched, identified and substantiated by a credible source.

So keep attacking the OP and attacking the source, but completely ignore the material and the topic.:rolleyes: Everybody is use to it.

18. maxcok

Gold Member

How's this for an unbiased source?

................................................................................................Baaaaahhhh!!!

ooooooo . . . . I didn't know that. Shall we all bow down in obeisance?

#18 maxcok, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  19. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

This thread was all well and good with the discussion, then this sort of thing gets posted. Again, this is the kind of thing the mods are encouraging the membership to cease.

Remember - it is possible to disagree with things without the need for resorting to statements such as the above.

20. B_starinvestor

there is an intersection in objectives with the two groups - upholding the Constitution. To that end, it appears that Judicial Watch saw a sponsorship opportunity.

That said, I understand that Judicial Watch is more conservative than liberal. However, I don't believe that is grounds to discredit the list of corrupt politicians.

Draft saved Draft deleted