Tenet confirms Bush didn't lie about WMD

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
In his upcoming exercise in covering his ass,whoops , I mean upcoming book, George Tenet confirms what most rational people understood. That the CIA had concluded that Iraq had WMD .

<and by default , what a bunch of slugs the " Bush lied about WMD crowd is>

"The phrase "slam dunk" didn't refer to whether Saddam Hussein actually had WMDs, says Tenet; the CIA thought he did. He says he was talking about what information could be used to make that case when he uttered those words. "We can put a better case together for a public case. That's what I meant," explains Tenet."

DRUDGE REPORT FLASH 2007®

As if Bush would lie, unlike Clinton the man has morals mmmmmmk.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
JQ - This site is about guys with big dicks, not guys who bait political flames to be big dicks. Please go away.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wWhy would you want him to go away?:biggrin1: Most folks enjoy watching someone make an ass of themselves everytime they open their mouth.:biggrin1:

Sorry. I guess this place has changed. I remember the good ol' days when we'd start throwing people in a flesh pile for entertainment.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Old 38 Minutes Ago Remove user from ignore list
JQblonde

This message is hidden because JQblonde is on your ignore list.

My computer keeps getting all this white noise. Maybe Microsoft Vista has a tool for that? Should I upgrade or wait for the beta version to work out all the bugs?

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My computer keeps getting all this white noise. Maybe Microsoft Vista has a tool for that? Should I upgrade or wait for the beta version to work out all the bugs?

<Insert obvious "tool" joke here>

Actually, except for copying large files over my LAN and setting up my bluetooth headset, I haven't had any problems with Vista.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hi chuck.

Do you have anything to add to the topic?

I doubt it- you sound about as politically aware as the other KoolKids . [snicker]

Maybe you should try one of the 100 or so other threads more to your liking.
Like which Nintenedo game is coolest or something. [smirk]

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In his upcoming exercise in covering his ass,whoops , I mean upcoming book, George Tenet confirms what most rational people understood. That the CIA had concluded that Iraq had WMDhttp://www.drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

Tenet is probably one of the few things that people from a wide swathe of the political spectrum can agree on. Specifically, that his veracity is, well, "questionable." Translation - any story of his is a waste of time, so file it in the "fiction" section.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi chuck.

Do you have anything to add to the topic?

I doubt it- you sound about as politically aware as the other KoolKids . [snicker]

Maybe you should try one of the 100 or so other threads more to your liking.
Like which Nintenedo game is coolest or something. [smirk]

Or... you could try one of the million or so other forums, newsgroups, and blogs dedicated to your topic of choice.

I chose not to add to this topic because
  1. I learned long long ago that it's just as difficult to convert people to your political ideology as it is your religion. They have to be open to the possibility first. You obviously aren't.
  2. Your political news sources are just as biased as mine are. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume we're both aware of this fact.
  3. At some point, you'll assume that because I'm anti-Bush and gay, I must be a life-long Democrat and therefore EXTREMELY pro-Clinton. Then you'll start to compare the two, leaving out all of Bush's significant blunders and pointing out every minor flaw in the Clinton administration. Boring. In reality, I'm an independant - that very small percentage of Americans who actually decide the elections in this country. At the end of the day, they're all politicians. They'll get reelected by any means necessary. I vote for the candidate who's least likely to fuck me over.
Thank you. Good bye.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Or... you could try one of the million or so other forums, newsgroups, and blogs dedicated to your topic of choice.

I chose not to add to this topic because
  1. I learned long long ago that it's just as difficult to convert people to your political ideology as it is your religion. They have to be open to the possibility first. You obviously aren't..
I don't go so much for CHANGING your ideology as emabrassing you for sticking to left wing positions that are clung to without the least bit of fact or logic.

LWer'e LOVE to cling to this little lie about Bush lying about WMD.

Ihave brillaint and famously demonstrated that thos who continue to do so are just ...well...DUMB!.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't go so much for CHANGING your ideology as emabrassing you for sticking to left wing positions that are clung to without the least bit of fact or logic.

Your reason for posting is to embarass random anonymous people on the internet for (your incorrect assumptions about) their political beliefs, many of whom aren't even American - all on a forum completely unrelated to politics. I wish you much success with your endeavour.

Ihave brillaint and famously demonstrated...

I'm so happy you have a healthy ego. I'd be more impressed if you could communicate effectively with the English language. That includes spelling and grammar.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
JQ, one book is not enough to change my opinion on Bush or Iraq. The facts speak for themselves. In the 1980s, when Iraq was an ally, the US under Bush senior sold weapons and chemicals used in agriculture to the Iraqis (we all have an idea what Saddam did with them). As of the 1990s, Saddam was deemed a threat, and in the early 2000s, he was part of the Bush junior's (GW's) 'axis of evil'. How strange! Saddam always was a dictator! Why the change in policy? Could easy access to oil have anything to do with it? And those WMD, why weren't they ever found? People have grounds to be suspicious.

Now Saddam is dead, Iraq and neighbouring Afghanistan are in shambles. An astronomical amount of money has been pumped into those countries, and tens of thousands of lives (civilian and military) have been lost, but have the peoples' lives really improved? Where is the cost-benefit analysis? Moreover, after all of these years why haven't any of the 'ringleaders' been caught?

Sticking to one's grounds or having an opinion is not dumb, but ridiculing people is and it isn't logical.

[/list]I don't go so much for CHANGING your ideology as emabrassing you for sticking to left wing positions that are clung to without the least bit of fact or logic.
LWer'e LOVE to cling to this little lie about Bush lying about WMD.

Ihave brillaint and famously demonstrated that thos who continue to do so are just ...well...DUMB!.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
If you report on a news article of the day, it also helps for you to not mis-represent the article and to frame the issue in its full context.

From the NYTIMES, 26 April 2007, Ex-C.I.A. Chief,in Book, Assails Cheney:
(some excerpts from the article)
  • George J. Tenet, the former director of central intelligence, has lashed out against Vice President Dick Cheney and other Bush administration officials in a new book, saying they pushed the country to war in Iraq without ever conducting a &#8220;serious debate&#8221; about whether Saddam Hussein posed an imminent threat to the United States.
  • Mr. Tenet admits that he made his famous &#8220;slam dunk&#8221; remark about the evidence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. But he argues that the quote was taken out of context and that it had little impact on President Bush&#8217;s decision to go to war. He also makes clear his bitter view that the administration made him a scapegoat for the Iraq war.
  • But Mr. Tenet largely endorses the view of administration critics that Mr. Cheney and a handful of Pentagon officials, including Paul D. Wolfowitz and Douglas J. Feith, were focused on Iraq as a threat in late 2001 and 2002 even as Mr. Tenet and the C.I.A. concentrated mostly on Al Qaeda.
  • Mr. Tenet describes helping to kill a planned speech by Mr. Cheney on the eve of the invasion because its claims of links between Al Qaeda and Iraq went &#8220;way beyond what the intelligence shows.&#8221;
So, technically, Bush didn't lie - Cheney and Wolfkowitz did. However, the buck stops at the president's desk, and he is responsible for authorizing the decision to go to war w/o having rigorously verified the evidence.