Tennis [ ATP&WTA tour ]

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just like the other day before he played soderling he made it a point in the interview to tell them that he is 13-0 against him...Why does he praise himself at every opportunity?

An old proverb, "Let another man praise you for your good works".

obviously you missed the joke between Roger and Soderling...Soderling has made the joke twice now that "NObody beats Robin Soderling 11 times in a row!" then when Roger beat him at the French Soderling joked "NObody beats Robin Soderling 12 times in a row!" and he then warned him, jokingly in the post match acceptance speech that, "Roger, nobody beats Robin Soderling 13 times in a row!" and every laughed, so did roger, and roger was very complimentary of him and Soderling made the same joke in the Swedish press after RF beat him in the USO.

you really need to relax on this skull.

speaking of Soderling, how about the nasty little spat Rafa had with him at Wimbledon a while back?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
those guys you all named are pretty much scrubs, that fact that you pass them off as anything near legendary is sad. Fed dominated in the weakest of tennis eras, and I still laugh at how deep you have to dig to make up excuses for fed about courts being changed and balls changing etc etc...

dude. let it go.

if you think that Safin, Hewitt and Roddick, were "scrubs" in 2003, you seriously do not know tennis.

and the fact is, for someone like you to claim that increasing the size of the balls (HISTORICAL FACT) and slowing down Wimbledon (HISTORICAL FACT) are somehow *NOT* legitimate changes that affect play, why would the ATP Tour *ENACT* those changes to *DELIBERATELY* slow play down? everyone knows it is true...it was a policy that the ATP enacted.

why do you think that Roddick, who used to hit 155 MPH on his serve, as late as 2004, is now lucky if he can hit 141 MPH?

why, with some of the most monstrous servers in the game, such as Karlovich, rarely do any of them even touch the mid 140s? gee, larger ball?
they all played with the same shit on the same surface. Be a man and man up and win.

yeah, that took away the advantage of the players who could play faster, to give more chances to those who played slower. totally absurd.

if someone takes away your best weapons, which then favors another player, it is sort of hard to fairly "man up" isn't it? how about if they sped up clay courts now, and made sure to use a thicker cut of clay, so there would be less of a bounce height?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why the excuses excuses excuses? Are you saying as an athlete and tennis player federer is unable to adapt? Still laughing at all the players you mentioned though...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, he was stroking his own dick as usual. He could have just said "juan played a great tournament" and that's it, no need to go on to say how you yourself played a great tournament and you have won 40 games straight there. For real, that is egotistical crap. You are just so biased in your love for Fed he can do no wrong, even when he loses it's ONLY because he forgot his "A" at home.

you are really far off on this one. what player at the end of the tournament doesnt say "i thought i was playing great,had a great week, i just came up short & my opponent was great, congrats to him."

there is nothing wrong with that

he was asked about how he felt, honestly dude. you really will take any chance to kick someone.

i am not so biased. you are being patently absurd every time the name Federer comes up.

he can do wrong & has brought his A game & been beaten, but not often & frankly, you simply have not watched him enough to know that.

you already said you didn't watch most of his run. presumably, you did not even start going Rafamad, until 05 (FO win) & him becoming a big name in 06, if then, when he won the FO & made Wimby final.

even without you watching the majority of RF's run, you still, if you began watching him in say 2006, saw RF win 8 slams & come pretty damn close to winning 6 more.

so this is absurd.

you claim me being so pro federer as to cloud my judgment. but what about your bias? you are so anti-federer you find fault with the littlest things. even to calling Hewitt & Safin of 03 "scrubs".

you might want to point out these other quotes from Roger about Del Potro today and how the questions are posed

you also might consider, that RF is speaking in his *4th* language & that does not always lend itself to the easiest of expressions, even for one as intelligent & fluent.

as you see below, he doesnt even know what "resolve" means & this is a man who speaks fluently.
if you were asked to express your opinion in your 4th language, on a court in front of 20,000 people, dead tired, disappointed, etc. & you had to sit there answering dumb questions about how bad you feel, i'd say that you should be cut some slack.

post/iview:

Q. It's been a long time since we've been in this room with you not as a winner. I know on this end it feels very strange. Talk about the experience tonight and the way Juan Martin played.

ROGER FEDERER:
I got off to a pretty good start, and had things under control as well in the second set. I think that one cost me the match eventually. But I had many chances before that to make the difference.
So it was tough luck today, but I thought Juan Martin played great. I thought he hung in there and gave himself chances, and in the end was the better man.

Q. How disappointing is this not to get No. 6?
ROGER FEDERER: Five was great, four was great, too. Six would have been a dream, too. Can't have them all. I've had an amazing summer and a great run. I'm not too disappointed just because I thought I played another wonderful tournament. Had chances today to win, but couldn't take them. It was unfortunate.

Q. Did he do anything differently today than he did in prior matches?
ROGER FEDERER: Not a whole a lot. I just thought he was more consistent throughout. You know, I mean, he played pretty much the same.

Q. Can you look back five years ago and think about how he must be feeling as he's lying on the court after match point?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, got to compare it to my first Wimbledon. I think the first major is always a big deal. Best feeling on the planet after all the hard work you put in. Especially nice when it comes when you're quite young because it comes kind of unexpected for him as well even though he put himself in a good opportunity and position. But it's great. It was good to see him being so happy and emotional about it.
Yeah, I mean, he should enjoy it. He deserves it. It was a great match for him, too.

Q. How do you look back at the Grand Slam results of this year? You got two titles of Grand Slam, two finalists. How did you look back?
ROGER FEDERER: Unbelievable. Unbelievable run. Being in all major finals and winning two of those, I'm losing the other two in five sets. Sure, I would have loved to win those two as well. Being so close, I think was two points from the match today. That's the way it goes sometimes.
But year has been amazing already and it's not over yet. Got married and had kids, don't know how much more I want.

Q. With all the good that's happened this year, will that eventually help ease the sting of this?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, this one I think is easy to get over just because I've had the most amazing summer. I tried everything, you know. Didn't work. I missed chances. He played well and in the end it was a tough fifth set. It's acceptable. But life goes on. No problem.

Q. You were fully in control early on, and then the match start to change. Was there a moment where you said, uh‑oh, I got to get more serious or things aren't going the way I need them to go?
ROGER FEDERER: Not really. I thought I had him under control for the first two sets. I should never have lost so many chances. It was just a pity. I think if I win the second set, I'm in a great position to come through. Unfortunately, I didn't win that and that was it.

Q. Would you say this defeat, looks like a little bit the one you had in Australia with Nadal?
ROGER FEDERER: I don't remember the match almost in Australia. Was I up or down two sets to one?
Q. Down.
ROGER FEDERER: Down. I felt like today I was much more in control. You know, I had many more chances. It's one of those finals maybe I look back and have some regrets about it.
But, you know, you can't have them all and can't always play your best. He hung in there and did well. In the end, he was just too tough. Just the way it is.

Q. Are you at all surprised that he was able to keep his composure and not get sucked up by the moment of his first major final?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, I guess, yeah. It's always an amazing effort coming through and winning your first in your first final. Got to give him all the credit because it's not an easy thing to do, especially coming out against someone like me with so much experience. I think it's not easy to have a steel racquet. Towards the end, of course, up 5‑2 in the fifth. That was easy. But he had to live through some really tough moments earlier on in both breakers throughout those sets to come back.
So his effort was fantastic. I thought himself he went through quite a few ups and downs. This is the one I should have used to make a difference, but I couldn't.
In the end, was really good.

Q. Could you talk about his forehand, just talk about it and how it compares to other big forehands on the tour.
ROGER FEDERER: Well, it's different. I guess he hits it well on the forehand side. The inside‑out is good, too. But I mean, there are some better ones out there. He definitely strikes it with great pace and good margin, too. Sometimes he hits crazy ones, too, but that's what happens when you go for it a lot. He has a great technique at backhand. Rock solid.

Q. The other ones, you've spoken highly of González's forehand. Who are the others, the better ones?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, his is different. I don't know if I could put it up to González and Blake and Nadal. He's got a very good forehand, but I don't know if it's the best in the world right now. I don't think so. But it doesn't matter. He won the match, right? Doesn't matter if you have a great backhand or forehand.

Q. So far Rafa is the only one to defeat you in a major final. How do you feel about this other name coming into that list?
ROGER FEDERER: No problem. He deserved it. He played well. I don't know what to say. Rafa, we've had some epic ones, sure, great ones over the years. Who knows, maybe Del Potro is gonna to join that as well. I wish him all the best for the future. That's for sure.

Q. When you look back at this, how will this strengthen your resolve now?
ROGER FEDERER: "Resolve" meaning?
Q. To get back and win the Aussie.
ROGER FEDERER: There's a lot of time between now and the Australian Open. We have some big ones, you know, along the way. So I hope I can keep it up because I'm playing great tennis right now. I'm confident and I think I'm hitting a good ball. This doesn't take away anything from how much I've achieved this year, so I've had a wonderful season in terms of Grand Slams. Next to that, I also got back to No. 1 in the world. I hope I can defend that until the end of the year and then hopefully win the World Tour final in London. Along the way, I hope I can get some other titles like my home tournament in Basel. We'll see how it goes.

---

i see absolutely nothing wrong with any of that. if you do, then i think you have some big problems in what you demand of athletes. even the most composed ones.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I certainly wouldn't use that as an excuse...

actually, i bet you would if a Rafa loss was because of the change in play, and players who were not his equal on clay, were suddenly given the advantage, and Rafa's advantage was taken from him.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why the excuses excuses excuses? Are you saying as an athlete and tennis player federer is unable to adapt? Still laughing at all the players you mentioned though...

well, laugh all you want.

most people, tennis players at the pro level, do not share your views of Hewitt and Safin.

lots of scrubs like Safin, are 18 years old and beat Agassi and Kuerten back to back at the French Open like he did in 88.

he beat Sampras for the USO in 2000...so yeah i guess he's a scrub...also he has a winning record vs Sampras.

and, just so we don't have to settle for your opinion, over that of experts:

What he’s done over the past five years has never, ever been done—and probably will never, ever happen again. Regardless if he won there or not, he goes down as the greatest ever. This just confirms it. Now that he has won in Paris, I think it just more solidifies his place in history as the greatest player that played the game, in my opinion. I’m a huge Laver fan, and he had a few years in there where he didn’t have an opportunity to win majors. But you can’t compare the eras. And in this era, the competition is much more fierce than Rod’s.

- Pete Sampras.

For me Roger is the greatest player ever who played the tennis game.

- Bjorn Borg

I never played anyone playing that fast. He doesn’t have any weaknesses at all. He really deserves to be called the best player of all time.

-Robin Soderling

He’s the most complete tennis player in the history of tennis, that’s for sure. With all due respects to (Andre) Agassi and (Pete) Sampras and the rest of the gang. But I never felt so uncomfortable against any of the players before.

- Marat Safin

I had a great tournament but I came up against, in my opinion, the best player ever to play the game today.
- Andy Murray

and, just to CONFIRM what i was saying about Roger's "A" game

If he is playing very good, I have to play unbelievable. If not, it’s impossible, especially if he’s playing with good confidence. When he’s 100 percent, he’s playing in another league. It’s impossible to stop him. I fight. I fight. I fight. Nothing to say. Just congratulate him.

-RAFAEL NADAL

Federer is the best player in history, no other player has ever had such quality.

-RAFAEL NADAL

He's the best I've ever played against. There's nowhere to go. There's nothing to do except hit fairways, hit greens and make putts. Every shot has that sort of urgency on it. I've played a lot of them (other players), so many years, there's a safety zone, there's a place to get to, there's something to focus on, there's a way. Anything you try to do, he potentially has an answer for and it's just a function of when he starts pulling the triggers necessary to get you to change to that decision.

-ANDRE AGASSI

I thought Ellsworth Vines and Don Budge were pretty good. And Gonzalez and Hoad could play a bit, too, but I have never seen anyone play the game better than Federer. He serves well and has a great half-volley. I've never known anyone who can do as many things on a court as he can.

-JACK KRAMER

He's the best player I've ever played against, full stop ...

- Tim Henman

He's not just number one, he's the best in history.

- David Ferrer

sorry Skull, i'll take their opinion over yours...though i know you are better at judging tennis greatness then they are...

sleep well. see you tomorrow :smile:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was referring to the interview on the court immediately after losing, not that shit posted above. And what are they all supposed to say, "federer is a smug arrogant prick who strokes his own cock at any chance he gets"? Take their opinion, instead of opening your eyes and formulating your own. A man who couldn't even get close to dominating his main rival during his career...Sure, he can be the GOAT, in an era where there has been relatively little competition (except of course for an antique agassi and safin LOL), but unfortunately for you, I think the debate is still open on this one. After all, one could certainly make the case that if rrrrrrrafa hadn't had some issues fed would still be stuck at 13.

If he dismisses del po, rafa, and murray pretty handily over the next year I will reconsider my attacks and criticisms, but for now I stand strong. In the face of anything menacing or domineering to him he cowers and chokes, at least that is what I have witnessed over the last year or so, I'm not living in 2003-2005. Maybe fatherhood will be the death nell of roger federer.