Tennis [ ATP&WTA tour ]

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
consistent winnings, not thrashings, and lack of any other titles other than the French Open.
:smile:

oh and he just finished off Berdych 7-5 in the second set.

probably will play Djokovic next...

we'll see how those knees hold up over the next couple of weeks.
I believe that Nadal's win at the Aussie Open counts as a title.(He beat Federer 6/2 in the fifth)

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't forget Wimbledon, Industrial.

don't forget, mononucleosis. the only reason Federer lost the #1 ranking was because of the mono problems in the spring, through the summer.

i don't know if you have had mono, but i was destroyed for 6 months...i was a lacrosse player and it happened to me in the spring of my sophomore year in prep school...it ruined my entire season...i had virtually no energy.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
don't forget, mononucleosis. the only reason Federer lost the #1 ranking was because of the mono problems in the spring, through the summer.

i don't know if you have had mono, but i was destroyed for 6 months...i was a lacrosse player and it happened to me in the spring of my sophomore year in prep school...it ruined my entire season...i had virtually no energy.

lol please, Nadal took mercy on him that day; he usually beats him by more. Fed is Rafa's son son.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He doesn't care about winning this stife ass tournament...maybe he has mono.

strange, that he doesn't care about winning this tourney...Djokovic zapped him in the semis last year as well here 6-1 7-5

and in 2007 he got zapped in the round of 32
and in 2006 he got zapped in the quarterfinals
and in 2005 he got zapped in the round of 64

he should care about winning this tournament...montreal and cincy are the key tuneups for the US Open. :smile:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
he should care about winning this tournament...montreal and cincy are the key tuneups for the US Open. :smile:

Exactly. Why would he tire himself and risk further stress to his body to win a tune-up tournament that the majority of the planet has no clue even exists? He knows he can beat anyone he faces. His strokes are nice, he is moving around nice, so he knows what's up and can now rest for the real tournament. Montreal and Cincy lol.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
except for Del Potro who beat him last week and the players in the 83 other times he has been beaten in his 464 career matches. :wink:

I saw the Montreal match. It was awful. Del Potro was seeded fifth or sixth. He could barely finish the finals and gave the match away to Murray. The third set was a disaster. Murray took the #2 ATP spot from Nadal after this "match".

Del Potro...poor guy... plays good tennis but looks horrible.

You mean his game or his face. His face might be punished but he has a solid game. I think that the US Open's surface will be a bit too fast for his big groundies, though. Like most newer players, he needs to come to the net more.

no, i want Nadal to win.

i hate Djokovic....I like Rafa alot, just not as much as Federer.

I always cheer for Rafa to win, except for against Roger :smile:

I'd love to see Rafa do well on the faster surfaces, like clay. I think that Federer is a better player, but Rafa has a good chance of becoming the 6th male player to win a career grand slam. He will have a chance a few weeks.

how can you enjoy watching Karlovic? :wink: he is just a serve machine.

I used to enjoy watching Safin...he had so much talent, and i cannot imagine how many majors he could have won if he was totally dedicated and not a head-case. he was one of the most naturally talented and athletic players i have seen. shame.

I cannot stand Roddick and his game. his career has been a waste, much like Safin's. But i like Safin...Roddick's game is ugly. meanwhile, if he had bothered to train from 2003 to 2008 the way he did this year, he might have more than 1 grand slam.

Safin was the most raw, least technical player I've ever seen. He had mad skills, but if he was in a bad mood or lacked confidence then his game crumbled. If he was a better technician and relied more on strategy then he could have wont them all.

I can't stand Roddick either. He's playing well now, but wasted most of his career with the low-percentage, overly-aggressive style. He relied too much on his serve, he went for broke on his groundies and couldn't sustain a ralley, and he was afraid of the net. Gilbert helped him with all of that. Connors was probably the worst coach he ever had.

Am I the only one in this thread who worships ar the Altar of Rafael Nadal's ass? I also enjoy his gritty, power topspin, aggressive baseline game. I Just hope his knees are back. When his knees are healthy he is nearly unbeatable.

I hope that he's healthy and makes it to the finals. A two-week tourney on a hardcourt is tough on the knees, so I won't be expecting much. He hasn't been playing well lately. He'll improve his ranking during the clay season.

Jankovic is a bettr player, but Ana is much prettier :wink:

and i hate Djokovic for many reasons

1. I am a Federer fan, and Djokovic and his repulsive family have been classless and despicable towards Federer.

2. He is an asshole, like what he did here in New York at the US Open last year.

3. I hate his gamesmanship on the court...the ball bouncing, complaining, the throwing water on the court.

4. He quits when he is losing badly and he always make excuses.

5. he has a stupid haircut

LOL :biggrin1::wink:

Ana is the cutest player in the WTA. They are a good-looking couple. His unfortunate haircut is forgivable but the rest isn't. I hate tennis brats and he's probably the worst in the top 10. He has a great game, though: lots of variety and he can put the ball anywhere. As for the ball bouncing, why does he do that? Is it nerves or is he trying to psych out his opponent? 20 bounces before each serve drives me insane. There should be a 10-bounce limit (no joke). He's gotten warnings for this, but I don't think he's ever gotten a point penalty.

I also love watching Mauresmo, Stosur, Pennetta and Sharapova when on form but not as much as the other three.

I am interested by the Clijsters come-back... It's amazing how she has straight away gone back to her old form and is beating or challenging top 10 players after so long away.

I am a Mauresmo fan too. What a backhand. Now that Hennin is gone, she has the best backhand on the tour. I'd really like to see what Clijsters can come up with. She's now a mother, and I haven't seen a female player have a baby then come back to play.

From the ATP my faves are:
Federer (His tennis is as close to perfection as it gets)
Hewitt (Far from his best but always exciting to watch)
Hass (Brilliant technical player)

Also enjoy watching Karlovic, Del Potro, Safin and Roddick.

I agree about Federer. Best player EVER. Hewitt is a great grinder. I have a fantasy of him and Clijsters playing mixed doubs and seeing them drill the balls at each other; I don't think there is any love lost there. Haas has been in the top 20 for about 10 years now, but he had to pull out of the Canadian Open due to a bad blister. I hope it heals soon because he always does well in Flushing.