Terri Clark "Girls Lie Too" Size Reference

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by musc069, Jul 2, 2004.

1. musc069

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thought everyone might appreciate the lyrics to the new Terri Clark (country music) song. I was driving with my wife the other day listening and we both cracked up. Enjoy.

Scott

-----

So she can’t go out tonight again
    Her sister’s sick, she’s gotta baby-sit
    Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good excuse

Now you didn’t hear any of this from me
    But things aren’t always what they seem
    Brace yourself, this may come as a shock to you

Girls lie, too
    We don’t care how much money you make
    What you drive or what you weigh
    Size don’t matter anyway
    Girls lie, too
    Don’t think you’re the only ones
    Who bend it, break it, stretch it some
    We learn from you
    Girls lie, too

We can’t wait to hear about your round of golf
    We love to see deer heads hanging on the wall
    And we like Hooter’s for their hotwings too
    Other guys never cross our minds
    We don’t wonder what it might be like
    How could it be any better than it is with you

(Repeat Chorus)

Yeah, girls lie, too
    We always forgive and forget
    The cards and flowers you never sent
    Will never be brought up again
    Girls lie, too
    Old gray sweatpants turn us on
    We like your friends and we love your mom
    And that's the truth
    Girls lie, too
    Yeah that’s the truth
    Girls lie, too

[No, we don’t care how much hair you have
    Yeah, that looks good
    Comb it over like that..

2. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Seems to me that the size reference refers back to the previous line "what you weigh". Maybe it's jst me, but I don't see it specifically as a penis size reference.

3. Synergistic

Synergistic Member

Albums:
    But "what you drive"

There is that long standing belief, rumour, 'thingie', about guys with fast, expensive cars attempting to compensate.

But she's lying right, thats the point of the song.

4. jonb

Gold Member

The point of the song is that girls lie, and everyone knows "Size doesn't matter" is one of those lies. Actually, everything in the song is a lie, except of course "Girls lie too."

*sigh* I'm lucky my genetics ensure that I won't have to worry about size or baldness, and weight likely won't be a problem unless I suddenly go on a high-carb diet. (Diabetes does run in my family.) And I don't like golf or keep hunting trophies. (Of course, this doesn't mean I don't like hunting. It's better than the stuff grown on a farm.) Of course, I'm still poor, and my car is held together with equal parts Bondo and duct tape, but do you really want a metrosexual? I mean, I've seen ads for nail polish for men!

Jon (Girls lie, but they don't fool anyone.)

5. musc069

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, when you listen to the song it's clear "size doesn't matter anyway" is a standalone phrase. I just thought it was an appropriate and amusing little ditty.

6. Imported

Gold Member

LoveGirl: Terri Clark and people like her steam my carrots (I DON'T LIKE COOKED CARROTS). I just recently heard 'Girls Lie Too' on T.V. and I wanted to strangle her. I can't believe these country music fans would put up with her shit. I don't know what it is but something in her song really pissed me off more than the other stuff, and I can't remember what it was. Just...just...grr... she makes it sound like it isn't plausable to be in a healthy relationship, much less a relationship without lies. She also makes it sound like the normal guy/girl isn't good enough for another normal person (of the opposite sex, or, same sex I guess, none of my no nevermind). She sets such a bad example In-My-Not-So-Humble-Opinion.

Sorry I don't have enough time to read all the back posts I've been busy lately just keep grooving without me though. If you want me to read a certain, special post just send me an email and I will make time.

7. madame_zora

Gold Member

Jonb, as fine as you are, I hardly think you'd need nail polish to complete the package. Dark hair, big dick, extremely smart- please don't ever become a metrosexual!

Lovegirl, I feel that way about most country music. I can't define exactly what pisses me off about it, but it does. I find it fairly easy to aviod, so that's my solution. I think the annoying slurring of the English language makes us as Americans look stupid (not that we aren't, as a whole) and that's probably my chief gripe. Keep popping in when you can, I love seeing you.

8. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

I agree with you lovegirl and madame. It irritates me to death! But, like Madame, most country music does. It depresses me to much... greezzzzzzz.

Oh, and Madame, I agree with you again about Jonb. Totally; of course even though our conversation has only been through this channel. :( lol

Jonb, duct tape? My God... you are INDIAN! Immediate connection! :D

9. jonb

Gold Member

LoveGirl:
    My own personal problems are with people like Britney Spears. Ultimately, the mainstream is full of empty songs with bad messages. (As far as I can tell, she didn't say anything about male/male.)

madame_zora:
    Don't worry: All I do to my nails is clean grease and other shit out of them.

bblumbee:
    Hey, it works for everything. I once even used it on a duct, and it worked. LOL (BTW, I already said that to snackdud about diabetes.)

10. B_Carolina

B_Carolina New Member

My thing with country music is:

Every single male singer is interchangeable with every other male singer. I simply cannot pick their voices/"look"/music out of a lineup from each other.

At least the female singers are somewhat distinguishable but country music, as we know it today, has long since left the traditional style behind and reworked itself as a pop meets strings meets subtle pandering to base emotions sensibility.

For example, Randy Travis was a helluva musician and singer. He had a character about him and his songs sounded like country. But nowadays, the only thing keeping most of the "country" music in that section of the CDs is the fact that the songs happen to have a slide guitar. Nevermind that fact that much of the rest is as far as away from the Grand Ol Opry as one can get.

I think country music, when done correctly, is quite lovely....but the stuff you hear on radio doesn't do a thing for me.

That said, I don't own anything even resembling country but I will defend good, actual country music.

11. Pappy

Pappy Member

I would much rather listen to the worst country song known to mankind as to have to endure the noise that is called "rap"!!

12. B_Carolina

B_Carolina New Member

Hey now, one of the greatest albums of all time is Mos Def's Black on Both Sides...and that's rap with a purpose. I feel that rap, like country, has gotten away from its roots. The roots after all, were what made the music so great. But today's standards has bastardized both art forms.

13. madame_zora

Gold Member

Tupak was rap, like Johnny Cash was country! The new stuff in both genres is garbage.

The whole pop-culture invasion of message-free music-free innovation-free shit that clogs the airwaves is mind boggling bullcrap, and a fierce testimony to the stupidity of the masses! I am overjoyed with delight to have found about fifteen local bands who are actually writing music of importance- the ten disc cd changer in my car is full of stuff no one has ever heard of.

14. B_Carolina

B_Carolina New Member

Oh admit it Zora, you know you have all of Tim McGraw's stuff and the latest joint from Twista and 50 Cent.

15. B_btrelll

B_btrelll New Member

Kudos for that oft trotted out cliche.

Quite why people think the bashing of popular culture and sheltering in esoteric texts will bring them credability is beyond me

16. B_Carolina

B_Carolina New Member

Hey btroll, er, um, btrell

Zora never said that listening to those local bands made her more "hip" or "above the populous."

While she calls the followers of mainstream radio stupid, I'm more than sure she's not alone in that sentiment. Clear Channel is an offense against the art of music. There are many great rap and country musicians out there today, but you're only gonna get a 5-7 artist rotation on radio.

So when you hear "that oft trotted cliche" it's because too many are fed up with hearing the tripe across the dial. Radio has become sort of like McDonalds. Think about it for a moment.

A McDonalds burger in Cleveland will taste just like a McDonalds burger in San Antonio. The fries in Seatttle will be indistinguishable from the fries in Miami. Now, all of those places have distinct cultures - food, music, clothing, etc. So is it really all that good to have the same burger and fries feeling no matter where you go?

With radio, you're gonna hear the same thing in Cleveland as you would in San Antonio as you would Seattle as you would Miami....DESPITE the cultural differences.

And that's why Zora is correct to call the airwaves stupid. I would hope more people pick up on that cliche and resort to esoteric bands.

/end of rant

17. madame_zora

Gold Member

Yeah, but it does, sorry.

Btroll only posts when he wants to put someone else's views down, he's mad at me for not wanting to play ball.

18. Imported

Gold Member

LoveGirl: I just recently got into Weird Al Yankovich songs. You should hear Amish Paradise (Spoof of Gangster's paradise (which is not bad like it sounds, it kinda speaks out against gangster life) by Coolio), Complicated (Spoof of Complicated by Avril Lavigne), The ^REAL^ Slim Shady (Spoof of The Real Slim Shady by Eminem), My Name Is Darth Vader (Spoof of My Name Is by Eminem), and lots of other ones. I use KaZaALiteK++ to download all these songs, contact me if you want the file (kinda hard to get anymore).

19. jonb

Gold Member

Got filk? My favorite's still (I See a Kettle and I Want to) Call it Black, when I saw it on rec.music.filk a while back.

Draft saved Draft deleted