Terrorist bank records

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
This thread must be getting too long, to the point a touch of amnesia is setting in.

DC_DEEP said:
If you have a difference of opinion, we would gladly welcome a post, from you, without any name-calling, and with something to substantiate your assertions.
I have no bone to pick with you on a personal level, DCD, and in fact I quite enjoy debating you because you keep everything above-board. I MUST correct you on this one point, however.

Surely we all remember:

ETA123 said:
Typical Bushbot.
Sometimes we reap what we sow, ETA. People in glass houses, etc.

And before any of you flame me, let me say I don't condone gwr's use of epithets, either.

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
VeeP said:
This thread must be getting too long, to the point a touch of amnesia is setting in.

I have no bone to pick with you on a personal level, DCD, and in fact I quite enjoy debating you because you keep everything above-board. I MUST correct you on this one point, however.

Surely we all remember:

Sometimes we reap what we sow, ETA. People in glass houses, etc.

And before any of you flame me, let me say I don't condone gwr's use of epithets, either.
Ah, but see, a Bushbot is a very accurate term for someone who simply repeats Bush talking points ad nauseum and who supports his every move . . . such as gwr for instance.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
ETA123 said:
Ah, but see, a Bushbot is a very accurate term for someone who simply repeats Bush talking points ad nauseum and who supports his every move . . . such as gwr for instance.
The reality lurking beneath the very predictable justification for your actions is that you chose to unleash your "very accurate term" in a general context, without provocation, and well before gwr joined the fray (those who wish to judge for themselves, see page 4).

Word of advice, pal. Get your nose out of DC and MZ's asses long enough to smell your own shit for a change. Little hint for you - it stinks just as bad as anyone else's. Now run along back to your sewing circle, your highness.

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
VeeP said:
Word of advice, pal. Get your nose out of DC and MZ's asses long enough to smell your own shit for a change. Little hint for you - it stinks just as bad as anyone else's. Now run along back to your sewing circle, your highness.

Let me put this as diplomatically as possible. . . . GO FUCK YOURSELF.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
ETA123 said:
This would be the place, after all... :rolleyes:

P.S. You missed a chance to bash Dick Cheney with that one. :biggrin1:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ETA123 said:
Yet another person who has no clue whatsoever about what the root causes of terrorism really are.

By the way, you DID know that Bin Ladens reasons for hating the US have nothing to do with our way of life and everything to do with the fact that the US has trampled all over the Middle East with complete disregard for it's people (with the exception of unwaivering support for Israel, right or wrong) for a century didn't you?

Pick up a real history book and do some research. If the US wasn't attempting to remake the Middle East in its image, you wouldn't see the level of hatred directed towards it by the occupants of the Middle East. People tend to resist being forced to change their entire way of life simply because the US says they should.

They don't hate us for our way of life, they hate us because we try to force our way of life on them without their consent. There's a HUGE difference. Hell, we fought a revolutionary war for the same reasons. We didn't hate the British for their way of life, we hated them trying to force that way of life on us.

You can't fight a war against a tactic, which is what you're attempting to say is happening. If you want to stop terrorism, you must eliminate the cause of terrorism. For instance, invading Iraq has enhanced the ability of Al Queda to recruit more terrorists to their cause. If that invasion had not occurred, you would have slowed the growth of terrorism, which has increased exponentially since 9/11. I've already posted links here showing that global terrorism has INCREASED since these plans were implemented, not decreased.

If you don't know how Reaganomics enters into the discussion, then you haven't been paying attention to what's really been going on over the past 30 years. Lives for business scams? Try over 2,500 US deaths, tens of thousands of injured and mutilated soldiers, and over 100,000 innocent Iraqis for the profits of Halliburton and oil companies. That should give you a good start.

ETA, at the risk of exposing you the the venom you will likely face as the result of being spoken to by ME, let me just say that I appreciated this post very much.

*Housekeeping Issue* to no one in particular, but everyone to whom it applies:

From time to time, we've had to clarify the difference between respecting someone's RIGHTS to hold and express their opinions, and respecting THE OPINIONS themselves. Two different nouns that mean two very different things. Your opinions (or mine, for that matter) may be completely stupid and no one is under any obligation to respect stupidity. However, you do retain your RIGHTS. Your RIGHTS to express you opinions do NOT come with a guarantee that they will not be challenged, don't be a pansy asshole. (Hey, you COULD even read the terms of service!)

Also, NO ONE is invulnerable to having their posts picked apart. If you can't take the heat, don't post shit in the kitchen! There's a whole site here for lighter fare if that is more to your liking, in the ETC threads you WILL be critiqued on everything you say.

Oh, and I really love it when n00bs tell veterans how to post.:rolleyes:

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
madame_zora said:
I always like it when the particularly stupid ones are also bad spellers.
ETA123 said:
Hehehe, I was trying to refrain from pointing that out. Thanks for saving me from temptation :)
madame_zora said:
ETA, at the risk of exposing you the the venom you will likely face as the result of being spoken to by ME, let me just say that I appreciated this post very much.
Or they make fundamental grammatical errors. :eek: (For the amnesiacs among us, gwr missed one fucking letter and got lambasted for it by this tag team... page 6).

You and your cling-on nOOb nauseate me with your hypocrisy.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
VeeP said:
I have no bone to pick with you on a personal level, DCD, and in fact I quite enjoy debating you because you keep everything above-board. I MUST correct you on this one point, however...
VeeP, don't construe this as a flame, but

An occasional sarcastic comment is one thing, an entire post of (uninformed and ignorant) diatribe is something else entirely. Yes, I will try to steer the thread back on topic from time to time. No, I will not play nanny to the kids quarrelling in the sandbox. You have failed to notice that, even with some jabs and barbs thrown in there, you and ETA both have contributed significantly to this thread. Please point out to me what either Jeffin or ewr have contributed, except the usual troll nonsense?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
From time to time, we've had to clarify the difference between respecting someone's RIGHTS to hold and express their opinions, and respecting THE OPINIONS themselves. Two different nouns that mean two very different things. Your opinions (or mine, for that matter) may be completely stupid and no one is under any obligation to respect stupidity. However, you do retain your RIGHTS.

Well said. The concept of free speech (to me) as I once expressed to someone is :

"While someone may say things that make my skin crawl, my blood boil and even induce a desire to kill...I will fight to the death in the defence of his right to say them."

That's the theory anyway, but, as with so many things, reality is its pale shadow. I think we do pretty well here...mostly.:biggrin1:

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What I find absolutely hysterical is that VeeP has this malformed opinion that agreeing with someone puts you somehow in cahoots with them. It's about the most ignorant position one can take.

But, as he's shown repeatedly, his goal is to attack me (and hurl ignorant accusations regarding Madame Zora and myself, which further prove the weakness of his position).

I've engaged his type before, and they always do exactly the same thing, hurl invectives and attack.

It's so laughable and predictable it becomes comedic.

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dr Rock said:
the reason that the internet will never supersede face-to-face discourse is that you cannot beat the shit out of anyone on the internet

Can I run them over with my car on the information super-highway? :tongue:

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
An occasional sarcastic comment is one thing, an entire post of (uninformed and ignorant) diatribe is something else entirely. Please point out to me what either Jeffin or ewr have contributed, except the usual troll nonsense?
I've re-read both posts, and the only thing 'trollish', IMO, was the introduction of the unneeded epithet. I've already expressed my views regarding that.

If I interpreted your post correctly, I believe you're trying to equate "uninformed and ignornant" (both largely subjective terms) with "troll nonsense" and personally I don't agree with the comparison. We can't all be brilliant, articulate wordsmiths; that doesn't invalidate what as person has to say nor their core beliefs. Does that mean they should go unchallenged should they choose to stick their neck out? No.

I'm just really tiring of the "holier-than-thou" attitude persisted by some here, particularly when they've engaged in no less "trollish" behavior, refuse to acknowlege it and furthermore dismiss it as somehow "befitting" to their argument. And, quite frankly, I could give two shits whether it was part of a more 'substantive' post or not. It is what it is, if you were out of line... JUST FUCKING ADMIT IT.

Let's face it, very few of us possess any desire whatsoever to enter a den of jackals to express our views. I think you've done an admirable job of keeping it from devolving into just that. However, some need to be careful they don't wind up debating themselves. :smile:

EDIT: word tense and spelling. :eek:

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
ETA123 said:
I've engaged his type before, and they always do exactly the same thing, hurl invectives and attack.
Self-serving CRAP like this speaks for itself and only furthers my point regarding the below-the-belt tactics you not only employ, but subsquently defend when called out. Lest we forget the uber-mature 'invective':
ETA123 said:
Being this is a site for BIG DICKS, the context not only a) causes said 'invective' to lose significant 'punch' (as there are some here who could actually perform such a feat) but, b) holds a particular irony for the author.

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, I for one am happy this forum has an ignore feature. It seems to work quite well.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
VeeP said:
If I interpreted your post correctly, I believe you're trying to equate "uninformed and ignornant" (both largely subjective terms) with "troll nonsense" and personally I don't agree with the comparison. We can't all be brilliant, articulate wordsmiths; that doesn't invalidate what as person has to say nor their core beliefs. Does that mean they should go unchallenged should they choose to stick their neck out? No.
When I use the terms "uninformed and ignorant", I don't intend for them to be subjective - you are either informed or not, concerning what the "Patriot Act" spells out. How can that be subjective? Ignorant simply means the person ignores something. Blindly accepting what you are told that the patriot act does, and actually knowing what it does are worlds apart. I have checked on it.

Just an example: I was doing some work for a 501(c)(3) organization here in Washington, DC. They unexpectedly lost their treasurer, and I volunteered to step in temporarily, until the board could seat a new, permanent, officer. In going to the bank to have the signatory sheets changed over, I was told repeatedly that they would have to put my social security number on those accounts. I flatly refused, and explained to them that the way they even asked for it violated the Privacy Act. They told me no, the Patriot Act had provisions that superceded the Privacy Act, and that the Patriot Act also required that I give my SSN. I asked to see the mandates. They said they couldn't find them. I asked to be put in contact with their legal counsel. I was promised, 3 times, that he would contact me. He did not. Only when I informed them that my next step would be the banking commission, did they admit that they had lied to me, and they subsequently processed the necessary paperwork... without my SSN. The bank employees were obviously instructed to lie and manipulate customers. If I had been ignorant and uninformed, they would have gotten away with it. I choose to stay current on matters that interest me.

The reason I mention this is that those responses to which you refer had nothing substantive, but insinuate that anything except waving a flag and shouting "support our troops" is unpatriotic. I am a veteran of the United States Marine Corps, I supported our troops by putting my life on the line. I am a devoted patriot. But I am not a doormat. Following blindly without question is not the mark of a good and patriotic citizen - just ask any good german citizen from 1930 to 1946. Governments DO lie, their supporters lie too - as do their detractors. The comment that "they hate us because of our good life here" is just completely inane, and is the result of such following blindly, and believing the rhetoric and propaganda that is fed to us. As one of our more informed members posted, bin Laden's whole jihad began with the Saudi government allowing US troops on what he considered to be holy ground. That's not opinion, it's documented.
I'm just really tiring of the "holier-than-thou" attitude persisted by some here, particularly when they've engaged in no less "trollish" behavior, refuse to acknowlege it and furthermore dismiss it as somehow "befitting" to their argument. And, quite frankly, I could give two shits whether it was part of a more 'substantive' post or not. It is what it is, if you were out of line... JUST FUCKING ADMIT IT.
I have no problem admitting errors, when I see that I have made them. Was I out of line? When I say "trollish behavior", I refer to those who post simply to stir up dissent within a thread... comments such as (don't look for this one in gwr or jeffin posts, it is not there, this is an example) "quit slamming our government. be a patriot for once and just shut up." That's definitely a troll comment. Otherwise, if a member finds a particular thread offensive, or of an uninteresting subject, why even bother to post?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
When I use the terms "uninformed and ignorant", I don't intend for them to be subjective - you are either informed or not, concerning what the "Patriot Act" spells out. How can that be subjective? Ignorant simply means the person ignores something. Blindly accepting what you are told that the patriot act does, and actually knowing what it does are worlds apart. I have checked on it.
Thanks for clearing that up. Given varying levels of education, writing skill, etc. it's sometimes easy to be abjectly dismissive via this medium, to the exclusion of other's views. Perhaps we all should not lose sight of the fact that if there were no 'subjectivity' to the discourse at large, let alone ambiguity to the Constitution, Patriot Act, or any another other piece of legislation, we wouldn't need a legislative branch or a judicial branch. Thank goodness we, as mere citizens, are able to dissent without having our tongues cut out. I believe that's an integral part of the argument in favor of limiting the 'ever-increasing reach' of the excutive branch, is it not?

DC_DEEP said:
The reason I mention this is that those responses to which you refer had nothing substantive, but insinuate that anything except waving a flag and shouting "support our troops" is unpatriotic.
I'm not defending anyone's postion but my own, however others do deserve a chance to speak their mind, if that's what they think, no matter how shallow, ass-backward, what-have-you anyone else may think. Dismissing them as 'stupid' (or worse yet 'stupid fucking cunt') for petty reasons is the thing that really got my hackles up. There's no call nor excuse for that shit.

DC_DEEP said:
I have no problem admitting errors, when I see that I have made them. Was I out of line?
No, not you. He who was out of line knows who he is and has clearly opted to perpetuate an extremely thin defense of his actions. Well so be it, onlookers can judge for themselves. You may be 'ignorant' :)tongue:) of that raging 'debate', and if so, I certainly don't blame you. :rolleyes:

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
ETA123 said:
Well, I for one am happy this forum has an ignore feature. It seems to work quite well.
If you're so thin-skinned that you must go around with your eyes half shut, so be it. May I be so bold as to point out, however, that when juxtaposed to the political arguments you make (getting back to the original topic here), it's does them considerable disservice.