tescular self exam

DJM277: just curious how many guy here give themselves monthly tescular exams?

I know I should but don't really ever think of it

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I urge all guys between 16 and 36 to perform this little exploration monthly. My son had testicular cancer in his early 30's and had radiation and two rounds of chemo (the first didn't get rid of it). He has been cancer free, now, for over ten years, so doc thinks it'll never reappear.

BTW, when the doc asked him if he wanted an artificial testical, he refused. He saw no need in one that didn't function. How many of you would have had an artificial 'nut' put in? ???

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My grandpa showed me how to do it when I was about 14. I showed my boys when they were young, and I reminded them frequently about doing it over the years.

They've both privately thanked me.

In answer to Roystoy's query, I would have an artifical nut implanted. I just can't imagine my low hangers having to get by as a low hanger. ;)

Pecker

The original building inspectors in Pisa must have been very leanient.

junior15074: I check my self regularly and have my doctor check when I have a physical. I'm scheduled to have one done in a couple weeks. I just changed doctors and the doctor is female. I always had a male doctor, but he retired. It should be interesting. I would have an artificial one put in if I lost one.

hung: I check mine, even though I am much older than 36 on a monthly basis. I recommend doing it the same day you change the air filters.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=dfox7.3x5 link=board=health;num=1076731209;start=0#6 date=02/14/04 at 15:31:09]
Hey, guys, it's tesTICular, not tescular.

[/quote]
You've got a lot of balls to correct grammar. *ba-rump-bump*

headbang8: [quote author=RoysToy link=board=health;num=1076731209;start=0#2 date=02/14/04 at 04:22:47]I

BTW, when the doc asked him if he wanted an artificial testicle, he refused.  He saw no need in one that didn't function.  How many of you would have had an artificial 'nut' put in? ???[/quote]

I might have one put in, but it would be a lot smaller than the current one(s).

dfox7.3x5: Sorry if my spelling correction offended folks. Just wanted to provide the correct term.

I have daily, close contact with my genitals, so I would know if anything was amiss with my balls. A few years ago I discovered a tube inside my scrotum that I hadn't noticed before, so I fled to the doctor just in case. But, of course, it was OK.

It worried me because when I was 16 my dad had a cancerous testicle removed. Back then they didn't put in a prosthesis. Were I to lose a ball I think I'd have a phony one of equal size put in its place, for "cosmetic (and pride)  reasons."

One of my best college buddies had one ball because the second one never descended. His ample sack looked kinda empty. It was too bad because otherwise he had nice-looking equipment and a cute bod and face.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=headbang8 link=board=health;num=1076731209;start=0#9 date=02/14/04 at 16:44:28]

I might  have one put in, but it would be a lot smaller than the current one(s). [/quote]
It would be the opposite with me, just a little bigger than the original would suit me just fine.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=dfox7.3x5 link=board=health;num=1076731209;start=0#10 date=02/16/04 at 20:43:27]

One of my best college buddies had one ball because the second one never descended. His ample sack looked kinda empty. It was too bad because otherwise he had nice-looking equipment and a cute bod and face. [/quote]
I was in the army with a guy who happened to be from the same small town I was from in Northwest Tennessee. He only had one testicle to descend, also, and his sack looked "different", too.

ORCABOMBER: I check almost daily!

Hey, it's good to search down there y'know?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=ORCABOMBER link=board=health;num=1076731209;start=0#13 date=02/17/04 at 01:01:30]I check almost daily!

Hey, it's good to search down there y'know?[/quote]
Yeah, or get an interested friend to do it for you, ORC.

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=RoysToy link=board=health;num=1076731209;start=0#14 date=02/17/04 at 10:23:36]
Yeah, or get an interested friend to do it for you, ORC.[/quote]
Unfortunately, I haven't penetrated her defences yet! ;)

vkngsxgd8

Sexy Member
Media
I examine them daily practically, either while bathing or during masturbation, I have a pair of large low-hangers, inherited them from dad ... best time to do it is in the shower, or right after one, when they are nice and warm and low-hanging and you can really feel each testicle individually ... and yes, there are all kinds of tubes and veins and the like down there too, which are supposed to be there, get familiar with your anatomy, and you wont panic when you feel these various things for the first time ... furthermore, and I dont think anyone has posted this topic as yet, some guys, myself included, have varicose veins of the testicles too, in some guys its very pronounced and painful and has to eventually be operated on, in others, like myself, I only feel it when I have been on my feet alot ... its been given the slang-name "sack-of-noodles", as that is exactly what you feel in your sack, to varying degrees, and more than just the normal tubing that is always present down there ... comes from alot of heavy-lifting, especially at a younger age, or with jobs that entail alot of heavy-lifting, which in my case is the truth, as my first real job back in my late teens was hauling packages for UPS in their processing center, and there was tons of heavy lifting involved with that.

fitdude: Wait until the ball sack is stretchy and hanging (like in a warm shower or bath), then check out each of your nuts for unusual bumps. Do it guys at least once a month. The life you save may be your own. Testicular cancer is not a major cancer, though if you catch it early you can deal with it fairly easily. Mostly occurs in the under 36 male population.

DJM277: [quote author=vkngsxgd8 link=board=health;num=1076731209;start=0#17 date=02/18/04 at 11:59:19]I examine them daily practically, either while bathing or during masturbation, I have a pair of large low-hangers, inherited them from dad ... .[/quote]

I glad you said that as the only time i am feeling my balls is during a masturbation session. I always chuckle to myself when my doctor ask if i am checking as that is the only time i have them in my hand.I feel like saying "everyday Doc..... everyday! :D I often wonder if other guys think back to their last masturbation session when their Doc asks.would be intresting to see if only my mind is the gutter.