Test: What's your ratio of left brain vs right brain thinking?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_superlarge, Nov 4, 2007.

1. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

You responded as a right brained person to 7 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 11questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type.

3. No_Strings

Gold Member

You responded as a right brained person to 11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type

I'm not sure about some of the questions though.

Q2: I prefer mutliple choice questions because there's an inherent x% chance of getting the correct answer, no other reason(except laziness).
    Q6: The two go hand in hand. It's called learning.
    Q11: Drawing, but because it's mch easier not because I'm better at it.
    Q14: It's cluttered with neatly organised things that I might need.
    Q18: Can you arrive at an answer without knowing what you're doing?

Then again, my own reasons for the answers I gave are still probably caused by dominance of one side of my brain over the other, but I doubt those are factored into the results. :rolleyes:

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Sorry, but several of the 'results' were the exact opposite of what I responded.

5. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

:confused:

Did you change any answers? It warns that can mess the test up.

6. AmbiDexBate

AmbiDexBate New Member

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions.

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Nope.

8. msu_hotboy

msu_hotboy New Member

Albums:
    You responded as a right brained person to 2 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 16questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your left sides gets the most exercise.

Type of Cognitive Processing
    Brief Description
    LinearProcessing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.SymbolicProcesses symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.LogicalProcesses information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.VerbalProcesses thoughts and ideas with words.Reality-BasedProcesses information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

9. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

Wow, you should have a very high understanding of everyone's viewpoints. Do you?

10. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

And I thought I was a heavy left brain thinker.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Wow! I knew I was right-brained a long time ago. I just didn't realize how strongly right brained I am. :biggrin1: I am also a visual-spatial learner which tends to go hand-in-hand with being right brain dominant.

Too bad the American public school system is designed for left brained, auditory-sequential learners.

You responded as a right brained person to 14 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 4 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

12. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

13. Willy_the_Wonka

Willy_the_Wonka New Member

Albums:
    I'd say that was a fairly accurate summary. Explains why I have had reasonable success in the visual arts. :smile:

Keeping the business side of it organized? :confused:

Uhhh...:redface:

14. sjprep06

sjprep06 New Member

Albums:
    You responded as a right brained person to 11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

15. agnslz

Gold Member

Here are my results:

You responded as a right brained person to 7 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 11questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

16. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:

That's not particularly helpful.

It reminds me when I took an aptitude test in high school and was told: "You can do just about anything you want. We don't recommend you become a seamstress." :confused:

17. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ditto.

18. AmbiDexBate

AmbiDexBate New Member

Maybe? All I know is that this suits me perfectly. On the very first question, when it asked what side of the theater/classroom I go to, I said aloud "neither, I go to the center".

I prefer things in my life to be symmetrical (where I sit, the way I organize things, the face of a woman, etc), so being 9 and 9 seems fitting :wink:

19. Mr._dB

Mr._dB New Member

You responded as a right brained person to 13 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 5questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

20. vergax

vergax Member

Albums:
    You responded as a right brained person to 8 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type.

It was too obvious which answer was for which brain side. Anyway, I tried to be completely honest.

Draft saved Draft deleted