Test: What's your ratio of left brain vs right brain thinking?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
You responded as a right brained person to 11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type

I'm not sure about some of the questions though.

Q2: I prefer mutliple choice questions because there's an inherent x% chance of getting the correct answer, no other reason(except laziness).
Q6: The two go hand in hand. It's called learning.
Q11: Drawing, but because it's mch easier not because I'm better at it.
Q14: It's cluttered with neatly organised things that I might need.
Q18: Can you arrive at an answer without knowing what you're doing?

Then again, my own reasons for the answers I gave are still probably caused by dominance of one side of my brain over the other, but I doubt those are factored into the results. :rolleyes:

AmbiDexBate

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions.

msu_hotboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You responded as a right brained person to 2 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 16questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your left sides gets the most exercise.

Type of Cognitive Processing
Brief Description
LinearProcessing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.SymbolicProcesses symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.LogicalProcesses information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.VerbalProcesses thoughts and ideas with words.Reality-BasedProcesses information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
You responded as a right brained person to 2 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 16questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your left sides gets the most exercise.

Brief Description
LinearProcessing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.SymbolicProcesses symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.LogicalProcesses information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.VerbalProcesses thoughts and ideas with words.Reality-BasedProcesses information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

And I thought I was a heavy left brain thinker.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! I knew I was right-brained a long time ago. I just didn't realize how strongly right brained I am. :biggrin1: I am also a visual-spatial learner which tends to go hand-in-hand with being right brain dominant.

Too bad the American public school system is designed for left brained, auditory-sequential learners.

You responded as a right brained person to 14 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 4 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You responded as a right brained person to 13 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 5 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type.

Brief Description
  • Holisitic............... Processing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
  • Random............... Processing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.
  • Concrete............. Processes things that can be seen , or touched - real objects.
  • Intuitive.............. Processes information based on whether or not it feels right know answer but not sure how it was derived.
  • Nonverbal............ Processes thought as illustrations.
  • Fantasy-Oriented.. Processes information with creativity; less focus on rules and regulations
I'd say that was a fairly accurate summary. Explains why I have had reasonable success in the visual arts. :smile:

Keeping the business side of it organized? :confused:

Uhhh...:redface:

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You responded as a right brained person to 11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Here are my results:

You responded as a right brained person to 7 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 11questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

That's not particularly helpful.

It reminds me when I took an aptitude test in high school and was told: "You can do just about anything you want. We don't recommend you become a seamstress." :confused:

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.
Ditto.

AmbiDexBate

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, you should have a very high understanding of everyone's viewpoints. Do you?
Maybe? All I know is that this suits me perfectly. On the very first question, when it asked what side of the theater/classroom I go to, I said aloud "neither, I go to the center".

I prefer things in my life to be symmetrical (where I sit, the way I organize things, the face of a woman, etc), so being 9 and 9 seems fitting :wink:

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You responded as a right brained person to 13 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 5questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

vergax

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You responded as a right brained person to 8 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type.

It was too obvious which answer was for which brain side. Anyway, I tried to be completely honest.