Testicales, your balls stupid

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=health;num=1056172778;start=0#18 date=06/30/03 at 13:14:16]:D There used to be an ad campaign for Parker Brothers pens that made that goof. It showed a woman writing with a pen that leaked and made a mess of the letter she was writing. The caption read,"No esté ¥mbarazada; use una bolí§²afo Parker Brothers." This ad was pulled when it was pointed out that it was badly translated and meant, "Don't be pregnant; use a Parker Brothers pen."[/quote]
Oh, there's a way you can get diacritics in ASCII boards. The following I know are used:

~ tilde
^ hacek, circumflex
, cedilla, ogonek
' acute
` grave
: umlaut

I'll try to get a FAQ for you; these are generally used on usenet, which is fixed-width unlike this forum.

Trackers: Thank you jonb. A page on FAQs will be all I need, just so i know how the measurement system works.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I actually just used a fixed-width font called Courier

In all ASCII art, you should use fixed-width fonts for obvious resaons. I also limit to 72 columns.

Trackers: Well thank you anyway. I'll keep that in mind the next time I post.

tott666: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=health;num=1056172778;start=0#18 date=06/30/03 at 13:14:16] This ad was pulled when it was pointed out that it was badly translated and meant, "Don't be pregnant; use a Parker Brothers pen."[/quote]

Well, this was hilarious at the time: A couple of years ago, this Swedish real estate company, Locum, placed huge ads in all the major newspapers. The main image was their name in lowercase letters with the "o" replaced by a heart.

l<heart>cum

:eek: ;D

ringer: Mine are very small....doctors have commented on how small they are. Two doctors have checked my testosterone level because they are so small, but I am just fine there....I knew that, as I still want and have sex every day at age 53 years, and 26 years of marriage to the same woman,

gigantikok: actually, DWM, it isnt just Cuba that refers to testicles as "huevos". Half my family lives in El Salvador, and Ive been down there alot in my life. That is the perdominent slang term for balls there too. Pero eso no importa, lo que es importa es que continuamos con la topica.