testicle help

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
I have smoked marijuana for many years. For much of the time I never noticed any negativfe effects. But after 10 years I feel my testicles have started to shrink. My dick although it retains most of its size doesnt seem to hang like it used to when flacid. Turning into a grower when I used to be a shower. When I do obtain an erection it is still great and the size seems to be about the same. The problem is I went from getting spontaneous erections all the time, to now rarely getting them. It can be almost impossible for me to get it up some days.

I have also noticed a varicocele. Ive had this for a long time and never really felt like it effected me negatively. a couple years ago I felt like it was lowering my testosterone level and had it embolized. Things were great again and my nuts looked bigger and fuller. but it has returned. its not easy to pay for the embolization again. Also I've noticed I seem to be getting weaker when i lift weights. my body is no longer ripped up. its not flabby, but im definitely weaker. I have taken many herbs over the years and found them helpful but now not so much. these herbs include: tongkat ali, horny goat weed, yohimbe, tribulus, maca, and many others.

So I think my problem is steming from too much pot and my varicocele. I have stopped smoking, but does anyone have any tips on testicular health? Or maybe shared the same problems I'm having? What did you do?

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know about pot, but regular tobbaco causes the blood vessels to constrict causing poor blood circulation. I've read some men eventually have problems obtaining erections due to the poor blood circulton caused by smoking. Bad ju-ju those cigs, not to mention lung cancer. Two of my brothers-in-law were smokers and they died of lung cancer. I don't think the pot in the long run was of any benefit to your body.

matelalique

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've always loved the "see a doctor" knee jerk responses. These accompany every health related debate. A lot of symptoms posts are covered by a websearch, and most would be treated with a doctor telling you to come back in ten days and tell me if it got worse.

If, like me, you are paying for all medical treatment in the US, why would you pay for that? And to plant the political timebomb ... Europeans don't have this problem, compulsory medical plans (aka obamacare) don;t have this problem, and republican job-supplied plans require you to have a job, and screw you when you fail to have one, whatever the reason.

The OP is asking for anecdotal evidence about whether he is just getting old. Balls drop, face skin drops, chins drop, and scrota get fuller with various tubes.

My advice is to deprive the medical community of unnecessary money. Ask yourself before you go in whether the answer is going to be "come back in 10 days" - which is the cure for a cold, and anything that goes away on its own. Go and get yourselves some painkillers instead for 4 days.

Free money for the doctors, for doing absolutely nothing, and for the good doctors, clogging up their offices. You should know your body well (how bad is my indigestion normally, how bad are my colds/flu, how hard does my heart usually pound), and know when it is really acting up. When it is, you should go to a doctor.

Noone needs to pay $200 to hear that they have just eaten hot food, taken cocaine, have not washed their feet/penis sufficiently, have picked up a cold at the office. If you have, stop clogging the emergency rooms, and treat yourself.

matelalique

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry - to reply to OP directly ... if your balls have problems ... and this varicocele seems like it recurs - is it a problem? keep a written track of it, and any problems. since you have operated, and it has come back - talk to the original doctor from the surgery.

I'm agnostic on the weed question. I suspect every doctor would be too, but would advise abstinence.

Basically, doctors look at whether "it" is doing harm ... I saw a man with a growth on his neck larger than his head (serving behind bar A), and was out with a doctor at bar A, and the doctor said : "If it wasn't causing a problem, I would leave it alone".

The ball area has a pipe network worse than a confusion of the London, Paris and Moscow metros. It is supposed to feel full and confusing. Your job as a man is to know your junk, and monitor when there is a persistent thick pipe that seems to be stuck with a buildup. That is the time to go a-doctoring.

hairyversmuscle

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Buddy - sounds like someone has taken your question and turned into some sort of political soap box point. Here is my advice about testicles and pot and stuff. I don't see any benefit in pot unless you are undergoing chemotherapy and it can easy the pain and help with appetite or otherwise perscribed by a doctor. So I am glad you quit.

Also, if you are seeking advice about a medical issue, seek it from a trusted source, like a doctor! Don't go on the internet looking for it. No one on here is a doctor and if they are, how would you know and how would you know if they were telling the truth. So if you have a medical question, as a medical professional!

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I know people who devoutly smoke, and their testicles aren't shrinking.
Testicles, penises, spines, and other parts shrink over time, and it is normal.
Perhaps yours is, perhaps not?

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As Shakespeare put it, "Time's whirligig doth have its revenges." Sounds to this fucking idiot like you're just getting older and that pot may have made you self-consciously examine minutiae in search of meaning and then you ascribe causation to what could actually be entirely normal and natural. Maybe your problem is stemming from the fact that you think you have a problem.

But see a doctor anyway.