Testicle restoration?

156indigital: Just throwing this out here in case that anyone has had this done, or knows someone. Basically to get an idea before I go check in with the cosmetic surgeon:

Due to a birth defect, I had to have my right testicle removed a few months after birth.

I'm seriously considering getting cosmetic surgery for an implant, or whatever it is they do.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What they use, how they feel, the downtime?

I realize I should take this all to the doctor, but I figure there's a longshot someone here has done it, or knows someone well, who has done it.

I do thank you for your time. :)

wvalady1968: May I ask you why you're thinking of doing this?

prepky: I asked my wife about this, (she is in the medical field) and she says that they use a implant just like for breast but smaller, and it is then implanted in the scrotum and then held in place, one thing to consider is that the scotum skin may not be big enough to hold the real testical and the implant, because the other one was removed at such and early age, so you might want to take a look at that. But other than that it should work just fine, they come in both saline and silicone.

Prep

johnstone1985

Just Browsing
Media
I don't know much about it myself, all I know is that my brother has a friend who was considering the operation (I know even less about his sitaution), but after going all the way and talking to his doctor, then a consultant, then a surgeon, he changed his mind and realised that it wasn't worth it, and there were more important things in his life to worry about.

What am i trying to say? It's not really important, and that's not coming from someone in my position, but someone in yours.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=health;num=1063012411;start=0#1 date=09/08/03 at 08:27:15]May I ask you why you're thinking of doing this?

[/quote]

Testes may not be obvious like breasts, although the visual difference with only one ball will be obvious when naked. But just as with a mastectomy, I would imagine that for this gent it isn't only about appearance, but how he feels about himself.