Testicle Size Chart

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

2. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think that chart is designed for some animal smaller than a human.

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

The Orchidometer has been discussed here several times and many of our members exceed the largest measurement.

It's as if the Orchidometer's chart of sizes is an average range, much like average penis length has a low end and a high end.

4. KinkGuy

Gold Member

I was beyond the largest when I was about 13 or 14 and the Dr. expressed concern that I could have a physical problem. He showed and displayed "the meter" to my Dad and I during the physical examination, after doing a very thorough hands on exam where he was looking for inflamation, swelling, pain etc., to rule out an infection etc. The Dr. said the size of my testicles at such a young age was highly unusual. My Dad grinned and said, "the boys balls aren't unusual in our family." End of story.

5. Pappy

Pappy Member

Pecker, I don't think it's even represenative of the average range.

6. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:

Not for an adult, anyway. A little bit of research in medical dictionaries turned up that the Orchidometer is used in pediatrics to measure the volume of the testis of developing children. While the illustration shows a printed chart, Orchidometers are often in the form of oval "beads," of the sizes shown on the chart, strung together like a rosary. The numbers correspond to the volume of the bead in milliliters. According to one text, at the onset of puberty the testis should be about 4 on the scale, and when full sexual development is reached the testis reach a volume of 25 to 27 ml, or just off the top of the chart. Other texts put the adult range a bit less, at around 18 ml. However, this was in older men, and perhaps some shrinkage occurs with aging.

Therefore, normal adult men should be near the top of the scale or off-scale on this pediatric-range device, so being off the chart is nothing to boast about. Sorry to spoil the fun!

7. Imported

Gold Member

suaige: OK, I always thought I looked like a bit of a eunuch, not very big balls they kind of disappear behind other things and I am barely on the chart. So that makes a bit more sense. Or maybe its what they are behind. :)

8. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Sweet, I don't fit on the chart either. I just kinda put the printed pic up against one of my balls to see if I covered the area or not. I'm a little bit bigger than the 25 (mL?). Cool.

9. Shelby

Gold Member

right approx. 25
    left approx. 20 compared to the chart

However, since their 1 inch scale is actually 1-5/8" on my screen, doing the math I get -

right 40.6
    left 32.5
    :huh:

10. thezulu

thezulu New Member

I saw this in an earlier thread

According to this then,
    My left testicle is 6cm x 4cm x 4cm x 0.52 = 49.92 ml
    My right testicle is 6.5 x 4.25 x 4.25 x 0.52 = 61.05 ml

11. Imported

Gold Member

3XL:
    According to this then,
    My left testicle is 6cm x 4cm x 4cm x 0.52 = 49.92 ml
    My right testicle is 6.5 x 4.25 x 4.25 x 0.52 = 61.05 ml
    [post=257641]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Interesting formula, but would I really be 118 ml?

7 x 5.7 x 5.7 x .52 = 118 right
    6.5 x 5.5 x 5.5 x .52 = 102 left

I guess that would exceed 25 ml.

12. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Might be best to print that chart and then compare as opposed to measuring the distortion on your screen.

13. hungthick

hungthick New Member

no comment ...you all have said it all!

14. Imported

Gold Member

agilley007: I don't think that chart was for REAL men.

15. Imported

Gold Member

bigballs: i'm on the "18"
    of that chart

16. Imported

Gold Member

NikkiSixx: On that screen, the largest size is about an inch wide and a little bit under 2 inches long...meanwhile, my balls are about 2.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide...

17. HungArnold

HungArnold New Member

Mine are the size of large eggs .... and quite common among the men in our family!

18. DaveUSADAV

DaveUSADAV Member

Albums:
    I think a better formula considers the breath of the testicle too in addition to its length and width. The above assumes the breath is equal to the width. Frankly, it is almost impossible to measure an ellipsoid with a straight ruler and all of you guys eyeing its length and width are just guessing. Though the formula for an ellipsoid can only be estimated without integration: 4/3 pi x ( L/2) x(W/2) X (B/2)= VOLUME, A simpler formula some papers have used is this : L x W x B x0.71= volume. I have exceeding large balls like some of you. Check some of my gallery photos. Using a centimeter scale ( 2.54 cm/inch) my volume is estimated by this: L= 3.75 inches (max), Width 2.7 inches max, Breath 2.5 inches (max). Max is found just as you get out of a hot bath-at least for me. The volume is thus: 4/3 pi x( 3.75 x 2.54/2) x(2.7 x 2.54/2) x(2.5 x 2.54/2) = 217.2 ml ( cm3 ) or 13.25 cubic inches. This seems way off the orchidometer chart ( max 25 cm3) but I keep measuring it time and time again and get the same. Consider that the "average" testicle volume is 2 inches long x 1.2 inches wide x 0.8 inches breath ( Wikipedia) or 18 ml and 1.005 cubic inches, there is got to be something wrong with the way I am measuring or the statistics for average. Using the simple formula my volume ( max) is+ 3.75 x 2.7 x 2.5 x 0.71= 17.97 cubic inches, still different from the ellipsoid. This may mean my balls are not ellipsoid shape either. Just like penis length it is all a really big mess that depends on how and what is measured. The more accurate testicle measurement would be ultrasound- but I challenge anyone to have their doctors measure their balls with an ultrasound. Health insurance wont cover that.

19. DaveUSADAV

DaveUSADAV Member

Albums:
    I have to admit a mistake. I finally used a caliper to measure my balls instead of "eying it" with a string then placing it over a ruler. I was way off. My caliper dimensions are 2.75"L X 2.25"W x 2.5" Breathe, still very large but not 7 standard deviations from normal. I knew I could not be that much larger given what I have seen in a Men's locker room. Sorry to anyone who has read this post and was chided by me for "eying it". Again, measuring an egg shape ellipsoid is difficult and our balls are not perfect ellipsoids.

Draft saved Draft deleted