Testicle Sore

AustinTX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For the last 3 night my right testicle has been extremely sensitive and sore. I went back to work last Monday after a few months off and I sit at a dexk most of the day. The soreness starts in the late afternoon and gets much worse after getting home. I usually sleep nude but during the winter I wear briefs and a tee. The pain radiates from the testicle toward my groin and after about an hour in bed it stops enough to go to sleep. I tried to get a doctor's appointment but he can't see me until next week. Last night the pain was much better which really confuses me. I have talked with a couple of male friends who are about my age, late 50's, and none have had this problem. I don't really have low hangers or huge balls either and haven't experienced any recent trauma. I did start Testosterone treatment in late December but I can't find any evidence of this as a side effect.
Anyone able to shead some light on this?

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
just keep your doctor appointment. I'm late 50 with big balls and sometimes they may be in the "wrong spot at the wrong time" but within a couple days any pain is gone. you might want to wear a jock strap for support. this could also be a hernia.

CapAmerica

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Could be this - epididymitis: Epididymitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had it in the fall a few months after a vasectomy, I thought they were related, but the doctor explained epididymitis is like a "common cold" in the balls. A dose of antibiotics and some warm compresses had the pain gone in a few days. Also, wear snug briefs or a jock !!! You don't want undo movement, it brings on more pain.

hth

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey man....I am in the same boat as you. I have not been on this site much recently..left testicle so sore I can't sit very long at my computer. Even walking hurts like the devil. I saw my doctor 4 days ago and he said it might be epididymitis..an infection of the sperm tubes leading from the testicle northward. He placed me on CIPRO for 10 days as a precaution...I believe the pain is easing and that is a happy thing...it was painful just rubbing against my trouser leg! However, my doctor said other more sinister things can be wrong at my age, so I have just had an ultra sound exam of both testicles..I think this is to search out a possible tumor. Like yours, my pain was intermittent, but always returned....lying down was my best position.
I hope your doc gets you turned around soon, mate!