testicular cancer

tef4622

Just Browsing
Media
yes you read that right testicular cancer can get to male regardless of race or what ever.how should i know this its because i am a testicular cancer survivor who is now cancer free for 2 yrs ,and my wife and i are expecting twin girls due in oct nov...i was doing my regular self check of testicles once a month after a shower to find any lumps .... i did find 1 lump in left testicle that was size of a pea or corn hull ...made dr's appmt he did the same and said for sure lump .. did biopsy and said for sure cancer .so everyone guy here that is reading this please do a favor and check yourselves once a month never can tell until it might be too late... check out checkemlads.com for more info...and with the chemo and everthing the dr said would be good idea if later in life if you want kids to freeze spem in bank to be safe ...could take up to 2 yrs or more to get back to normal amount to have chance to have kids...and i found out that i had it when i was 27 now 29 glad that i did self check...started checking when i hit 21 ....

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, tef. Testicular cancer is one of the few serious diseases that is a very real health concern for guys in their 20s (the same demographic as an awful lot of members of this site!)

Steve

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for sharing your experience with testicular cancer, tef4622. My son went almost two weeks with an unbelievably huge growth in one of his balls. Thinking it was some kind of fungus, he waited that long before going to the doctor, who, of course, diagnosed it as cancer.
After the removal of the testical with the malignant growth, radiation and two sessions of chemotherapy, he's been free over ten yrs now. Two sessions of chemo were required, since he first chose not to have the stronger kind and it wasn't effective. (He's a musician and with the stronger of the two there was a danger of his hearing being damaged.) He has had to live with tinnitis, sometimes even waking him up at night, but, thankfully the cancer was taken care of!

Beginning with age 15, guys should learn to give themselves a monthly check, making sure their testicals are healthy with no lumps of any kind. Your advice is right-on. In the hot shower, when the balls are well extended, 'roll' each testicle between the thumb and index or middle finger for any detection.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
ANY GUY WHO DOES NOT DO A SELF EXAM AT LEAST 1xMONTH IS WRONG....
all caps intentional....

Self Exam is how I dtected and followed growth of my hydrocele. First tiem felt a lump,, hit the DR. he gave advice which I followed. Any F who does not do a monthly breast eam is worng too...

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks guys for the thoughtful comments. This is a subject I have often wondered about. I am very conscious of this risk and I check myself regularly. A friend of mine had testicular cancer last year and it wasn't picked up very early. He survived but he was foolish not to check himself - it was actually picked up by a concerned girlfriend. This'll probably sound stupid, but even though I check myself often, I worry that if I did have a lump I might not pick it up due to the naturally uneven texture of my balls... But that's probably me just being over cautious...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I started doing a self-check when I first heard about it in my early 20's and I made sure that my boys got into the habit of checking themselves when they started puberty. In another 4 years-or-so my oldest grandson will learn about it from his dad.

Large 1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a teaching associate, in medical education here in Manhatten. I teach how to do a Male GU ( genital/urinary) exam to second year med students. One of the biggest things we stress is the testicular exam. We urge the students when they become doctors to tell patients to do this exam once a month in the shower. Age range at risk 15 to 35 yrs old.

Glad to see the subject brought up as it is successfully treated if detected early, as are most cancers.

MorganaDrake

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Cancer is truly a terrible thing. Congrats to those of you that seem to be beating the cancer.

I have a question...from the psychological and sociological aspect. I have many cancer survivors in my family, my mom being the closest to me. She lost a breast to cancer but has got a clean bill of health for the last 4 years. And I was thinking about how she told me that she struggled with it. She said to lose a breast was to lose part of herself and she felt like less of a woman. She mentioned some societal issues there. I guess societal norms. Women should have breast to be missing one, to the individual, might make them feel like they are less of a person, or in the case of breast cancer..less of a woman. It took her awhile to really come to terms with it...and understandably so.

So I guess my question is: Is testicular cancer the equivalent in that a man might feel like less of a man because he's missing something that society deems necessary for males to have? (not sure i phrased all this right, but I hope you guys understand what I'm getting at)

tef4622

Just Browsing
Media
morgan in my case no i dont seem less of a man ...The cqncer did give me a scare as it would but i said to myself live with whaat you have .Dont fret the small things in life live full to your best and all will be good.If your friends are there to help you in your coping thats what counts is to have the ones to stick by through thick and thin...

MorganaDrake

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
tef4622 said:
morgan in my case no i dont seem less of a man ...The cqncer did give me a scare as it would but i said to myself live with whaat you have .Dont fret the small things in life live full to your best and all will be good.If your friends are there to help you in your coping thats what counts is to have the ones to stick by through thick and thin...

It's awesome that you were able to have that attitude. I just remember how hard it was for my mom. She went through this stage where she firmly believed my father wouldn't love her anymore because she had the breast removed. And she spent so much time crying about when my dad was at work (he worked midnights) and I was the one that would sit there and hold her. Cancer is a terrible thing, but at the same time, it was because of the cancer that my mom and I made the transition from mother-daughter, to more of a mother-daughter friendship. And the family as a whole became closer because of it.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your experience Tef. I do appreciate it.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Morgan: I had the same question in my mind after my son's removal of his right testicle, but his explanation re. why he didn't approve getting an artificial one likely gives the answer to your question. I think it all depends on the person's self-image. My son is completely satisfied with his, and two balls or one doesn't affect this one way or the other.

On the other hand, had it happened to me, I more than likely would have selected an artificial one somewhat larger than my natural, since I've always found big balled guys more masculine, hence more sexually attractive. I'm happy my son doesn't have the hang-ups of his Dad. :redface:

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've noticed a significant difference in the size and texture of one of my testicles and a small "lump" that feels about the size and shape of a lima bean on the other side but since it's never grown or changed in several years since I first noticed it I figure it can't be cancer or anything malignant. I was worried about it for a while but I am somewhat of a hypochondriac so I figured I was overreacting.

tef4622

Just Browsing
Media
well just another post to say that the twins are doing very well and are due around the 5 of nov.i had a check up with dr and he said all clear no cancer ,and now wife and i can enjoy our life together with our soon to be born twins ....

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dr Rock said:
i'd just like to mention that i'm available weekdays to perform testicle / breast checks on any hot people

dr rock, maybe I am the only one who has the maturity level to respond to your post, but I have to say it is exactly what I was thinking. I would definitely like to volunteer. Please, can you tell me how many offers you have received? Is there a backlog? I would like to think I have developed some expertise over the years when it comes to evaluating other guys' balls. And I do not mean that as a joke. I do not think balls are a laughing matter.