Testify

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: So...anybody have thoughts on how things are going to go when Condi, W and the Veep appear before the commission.

What about all those Clinton papers the Bush Admin. held back. What's up there?

2. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: Ah com'n. Somebody's got to have some thoughts on this. Or is everyone waiting till after they speak?

3. Imported

Gold Member

okiejustin: I think they will weazle their way out of it.

Bush was overly focused on Iraq from day one. Maybe it was because of oil/money. Maybe it was because Saddam tried to assasinate Bush Sr in the early 90s.

I remember watching Colin Powell in front of the UN outlining why we needed to attack Iraq. I believed him at the time. Now it seems like a stack of lies.

Regarding the specifics, gee, I don't know. They'll find a way to cover up any evidence that is damming. This White House is quite sleezy IMHO.

Watch for Osama Bin Laden to suddenly be captured a few months/weeks before the election and Shrub to coast to an easy victory. Maybe it'll actually be legitimate this time.

4. jay_too

jay_too New Member

Oh okay...I will throw in my two cents.

I predict a masterful performance by Condi. The skinny on the Stanford campus is that Condi has a world class ability to shift blame or attention to another. How else does one move up in an academic administration? Her only problem will be anger management....and perhaps, some embarassing paper.

jay

5. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

[quote author=okiejustin link=board=99;num=1081051099;start=0#2 date=04/04/04 at 09:49:04]
    I think they will weazle their way out of it.  

Bush was overly focused on Iraq from day one.   Maybe it was because of oil/money.  Maybe it was because Saddam tried to assasinate Bush Sr in the early 90s.

I remember watching Colin Powell in front of the UN outlining why we needed to attack Iraq.  I believed him at the time.  Now it seems like a stack of lies.  

Regarding the specifics, gee, I don't know.  They'll find a way to cover up any evidence that is damming.  This White House is quite sleezy IMHO.  

Watch for Osama Bin Laden to suddenly be captured a few months/weeks before the election and Shrub to coast to an easy victory.   Maybe it'll actually be legitimate this time.  [/quote]
    Since this is exactly my thinking and they could be my words, I'll do the lazy and quote okie here. Right on the money, O'justin. :)

Luke

6. Imported

Gold Member

bbobb21: I agree with the fear that they will weasal out of it. None of this is new information. Anyone who has follwed this issue closely knows that Clark and I think it was Berger outlined the bin Laden threat before bush took office. She was on television coming out of the meeting but later denied that Clark gave her any information. Remember what happened right after 9/11. They blamed the Clinton administration. Yet, the Clinton administration turned a plan over to Rice to get bin Laden and Clark gave info to congress after the Bush administration did nothing. As a result congress came up with an anti terrorism bill that Rumsfeld said Bush would vetoe as unnecessary on 9/9. of course he then took credit for after 9/11. This administration has lied..........lied.........lied .....and yet they seem to get away with it. Clinton lied about having sex with Monica in a court hearing that should never have taken place.....and he was immoral. Bush has lied about his tax plan. Iraq, terrorism and God knows what else......He has put the country into the worse deficit ever from a point of surplus........how they get away with it I cannot fathom........He says he is a Christian.........he is after a constitutional admendment against gey marriages though the New testament in the original Greek says nothing about homosexuality and in the Old Testament, there is only that prohibition in Leviticus that scholars argue about whether it means what we think it means.....though..I'm uncircumcised and eat shellfish- both also abominations.....The Sodom thing we now know was a mistaken gender-they were women not men.........and the sin was inhospitality. On the other hand as a so-called self proclaimed Christian..Jesus did say something about the poor and if we do not understand it- he was referencing Isaiah who rebuked the upperclasses of Israel for exploiting the poor (people of God) for their own gain.......

Whatever....we give huge tax breaks to the wealthy and say we can't afford health care for all or free equal higher education........Scotland is the poorest Western country....they can afford it. I know well off retirees who go to Mexico and rave at how for a few dollars a month they can buy into the health care system. I guess we are just poorer than Mexico.......Right.........sorry you did trigger something in me......bob ::)

7. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

Here are my thoughts, but what they're worth:

*Invading Iraq was planned long before Bush even took office. They want control of the oil for political reasons and revenge for the foiled assasination attempt on Bush Sr.

*Dr. Strangefeld, Aunt Jamima & Uncle Tom (Rumsfeld, Condi & Powell) were so busy planning to attack Iraq that they literally were asleep at the switch when the terrorist struck on 9/11.

*Uncle Tom knew that Hussein's alleged attempt to buy enriched uranium in Nigeria was bogus, but went to the UN anyway and told lies. No wonder the French wanted nothing to do with attack Iraq.

*The terrorists love Bush & Co. The Bush administations endless lies, unjust international policies, illegal wars etc are excellent recruiting tools for Islamic extremists.

*The Bush administration is STILL asleep at the switch as far as terrorism is concerned. I guarantee the usa is less safe than we were before despite all of Bush's wars. Expect another attack, next time using a bio weapon or crude nuke.

8. jonb

Gold Member

John pretty much described it. It'd be like Reagan telling about the USSR looking for 'nuclear wessels' after seeing Star Trek IV.

9. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: All kidding aside though, this Iraq thing is seriously getting out of hand these days. I don't mean to divert the topic to an Iraq opinion poll, but it is really starting to worry me what is going on there, above the level of discussing this as something distant, as something 'as seen on t.v'.

Things are getting seriously out of hand these last few days in Fallujah, Najaf and Baghdad. THe population forming an army to fight the US soldiers? US security personeel killed and dragged through the streets? And in the meantime, the Iraqi council, whatever that may be, is forming a constitution which nobody really wants to support, and which has been stripped down so badly that everyone can find themselves, yet nothing, in it. Talk about sticking you head in the sand.

In a funny way it reminds me of the images we all received when the US started the invasion of Iraq, of the Minister of Information whose office they aired from was bombed by the US, at the same time that he said that Iraq was winning the war. In a more politically correct way, this coalition/Iraqi council thing seems to be the same.

But now it is starting to seriously worry me on a more personal level. Europe is constantly afraid of 'packages' on train stations, shutting down the train system, only to find out it was a bag of laundry. Of course there's Madrid, where nobody expected what indeed did happen, and a general fear of the fanaticism the Muslim extremists display. It is something we Westerners simply cannot identify with (anymore) because we have become too 'civilized' so to speak.

Hm, all I'm saying is that the Bush Administration, my government, the Spanish and the British, and the entire 'coaltion' should stop dicking around or living day by day. It's all getting a bit too serious, and I can't help fighting the feeling of a little anarchy creeping into the world, be it indirectly in most places, but very direct in some.

10. jonb

Gold Member

And the thing is, they won't do that because if they ever catch Osama, it'll mean an end to Bush's "9/11 24/7" blank check.

11. jay_too

jay_too New Member

[quote author=Javierdude24 link=board=99;num=1081051099;start=0#8 date=04/07/04 at 12:08:34]In a funny way it reminds me of the images we all received when the US started the invasion of Iraq, of the Minister of Information whose office they aired from was bombed by the US, at the same time that he said that Iraq was winning the war. In a more politically correct way, this coalition/Iraqi council thing seems to be the same.
    [/quote]
    Dude...

Maybe Baghdad Bob is working in the White House now. I hate to admit it but he is my favorite Iraqi....So, I am shallow.

This weekend I read in the LA Times [I think] that the staff of public information office in Baghdad (they approve news releases from Iraq) is about a third composed of ex-White House and ex-Republican Congressional staffers. Their mission is to present the news from Iraq in a Bush-friendly spin. Unlike personnel from Britain, Spain, etc., the Bushites do not speak Iraqi or know anything about the culture. Their lack of credentials and their political zeal offend many of other coalition staff who do not see the re-election of Bush as the task in Iraq.

So how do you spell propaganda?

jay

12. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: *deep sigh*

That is just ridiculous man, why the hell doesn't anyone monitor the administration on these types of things?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So Rice was on this morning. Hm, in all honesty, I don't know if any other national security advisor would hav hanled things differently. Obviously though, some serious errors have been made. Why didn't they have a security meeting on Al Qaida in 9 months?

I'm also not buying that it was impossible for her to have the Feds and the CIA exchange information. I really don't know much of how the security thing works, but isnt she the person where these two bodies come together? Shouldnt she have received all the info, then put two and two together, and act upon it?

I also don't understand a statement she made twice. BeFORE 9/11 it was difficult to align the Feds and the CIA because of structural problems, but AFTER 9/11 and I think I can quote 'it was done immediately'. She mentioned this twice, the comissioners didnt follow up on it.

I was also surprised by the remarks of one comissioner who took the opportunity to mention that 'we shouldnt confuse ourselves on the war in Iraq, it is a war on radical Muslims'. He continued that he seriously fears the military stps taken in Iraq are sriously heading in th wrong direction, that it's in major part a US army, and entirely Christian. That just struck me.

I wonder if we really know how the Iraqi's, and the Arab population elsewhere in the Middle East really sees us. I think we do not even have a clue as to how fanatically opposed they are to us, and even moreso by the daily events of the US army in Iraq. The rocket (why?) attacks on Fallujah and Najaf killing so many people is yet another reason for hundreds of young pople to join the opposition forces.

Does the US, or the coalition for that matter, even think about this stuff, cause it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

13. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It sounds like you all have come up with the Ultimate Solution to the world's security problems.

Get the bad guys. They're all illegitimate weazles, vengeful liars, sleezy blame shifters, religious zealots, unjust warmongers and murderering propagandists.

Al Qaeda? Hizballah?

Nope.

Republicans.

:-/

14. jonb

Gold Member

Apparently you haven't seen this video on Canadian news. Because American media don't have the balls.

15. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Thanks, jonb, but 4.64mb is a little too long a download for my dialup.

16. jay_too

jay_too New Member

Jav..

Dude, you must be stepping on someone's toes.

Why do I say such a thing? Your post on Testify was sent to the thread instead of remaining on the Recent Posting List. How do I know? Well, when I got up this morning, I read the overnight postings. At that time you had not posted. When I got back from campus a little after noon, I checked the recent postings again and checked on Pecker's posting to see if there was some intervening posts. There was....yours. So I went back to last 25 Postings, I found that (1) there were still on the listing some of the posts from the earlier ones today and (2) they were dated earler than your post above.

I have noticed the same with many of mine; they seem to go to the thread immediately or do not stay on the last 25 very long. Of course, it could be a computer glitch or more likely...

jay

17. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Hm...

But, if it isn't a computer glitch, where does this intervention so to speak come from? I highly doubt Mark is croschecking my posts right? Should be coming from somewhere else.

Weird stuff, hadn't noticed that.

18. jay_too

jay_too New Member

[quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1081051099;start=0#12 date=04/08/04 at 11:39:41]They're all illegitimate weazles, vengeful liars, sleezy blame shifters, religious zealots, unjust warmongers and murderering propagandists.

Republicans.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing the meaning of your brand of Republicanism. My family might disagree....but then, that is what makes a party, right?

jay

19. jonb

Gold Member

[quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1081051099;start=0#14 date=04/08/04 at 16:49:58]Thanks, jonb, but 4.64mb is a little too long a download for my dialup.[/quote]
    Oh, I feel like I'm in AOhell.

20. jay_too

jay_too New Member

jonb..

I have thought about the video off and on all day. Technology dehumanizes death.

jay

Draft saved Draft deleted