Testosterone...And Questions

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
The amount of testosterone a foetus is 'exposed' to in the womb influences the size of their 'ring' finger and also their penis.

Does that mean that a child born prematurely hasn't had as much testosterone as a full term baby? And thus has a smaller penis, in comparison.

I was also just wondering if you gave a preteen testosterone hormone injections would he have a large penis? Anyway that's just a weird one but I would like the first question answered :)

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I didn't do biology at school, but I seem to remember reading that there are 2 times during the pregnancy where the foetus is delivered a dose of testosterone, as opposed to being slowly given it through out the pregnancy. In the early stages of pregnancy, all foetuses (or however it's spelt) are female, and some believe that a problem in one or both of those doses of testosterone may be a contributing factor in people born to be transgender, or even possibly men who are extremely feminine.

I think the doses are well before a baby is actually viable to be born, so I doubt that being premature could cause a person's dick to be smaller than nature intended.

7x5.5: Kind of related, I have often read studies saying that men with a longer ring finger than pointer finger are apparently more likely to be:

Better at Sport
Gay
In posession of a bigger penis

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My bf insists that the whole one finger longer than the other thing is fool proof, and always indicates that the person is gay. I doubt it's all so well tied up, your body is your body, we're all unique.

dfox7.3x5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My ring finger is longer than my index finger. I'm 7 inches; not long, not short. I'm keeping it -- and my finger!

There used to be a theory that your dick was the same length as the space covered by the middle ("bird") finger bent back to the palm. In my case that's pretty accurate.

tillyrox

Experimental Member
Media
Me and My brother were born 5 weeks early, and his index finger is shorter than his ring finger and i have heard from his girlfriend that he is no small but im not sure of exact lenghts, nor do i wwant to know, but yeah i dont think that it is all related i think it is just a coincidence.

Luv Ya
Tilly

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
I think that most of these theories are unfounded. If someone does find a correlation, it's usually just coincidence. My penis is over 8" long, BUT...my hand is only 7-7.5" long, my ring finger is NOT longer than my "pointer,"and my feet are what I consider to be a normal size range between 10.5 & 11 (U.S.). My height is a healthy 6 feet, which is not nearly as unusual as my great penis length.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Heh, sorry guys. Ring finger is shorter than my pointer finger on both hands. Oh, and I was born 2 weeks late....yea I think my mom hated me for that one :)

As for your question Knight, I've got to go with Irvy. Testosterone determines a kid's sex early on, and so those doses would come well before a premature birth. (I'm not quoting real knowledge, but I think I just heard some of that stuff somewhere)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
On my right hand, my index finger is longer than my ring finger. On my left hand, my ring finger is longer than my index finger. I'm right-handed, if that makes a difference. And I'm the only person in my family that will drink strawberry-flavoured Qwik.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
both my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers and I fall into the "mister average" category. I think it's just coincidence if you find someone with the fingers thing and is "mr large"

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by 7x5.5@Aug 30 2005, 07:38 PM
Kind of related, I have often read studies saying that men with a longer ring finger than pointer finger are apparently more likely to be:

Better at Sport
Gay
In posession of a bigger penis
[post=339321]Quoted post[/post]​

I hate to be the one to brust your bubble here....there is nothing about what you stated above that makes any sense. The size of a person finger in NO way has a direct effect on a person physical charcteristics or their ablities to perform certain tasks better.
Both my "ring" fingers are shorter than my "pointer" finger. Here is where I float with your statement.

Better at Sports....Hate sports
Gay......love men
In posession of a bigger penis.....Average here.

A person is born with these chacteristics because of his DNA.

There you go ...my view on this statement.
:hi:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Irvy@Aug 30 2005, 07:24 PM
In the early stages of pregnancy, all foetuses (or however it's spelt) are female, and some believe that a problem in one or both of those doses of testosterone may be a contributing factor in people born to be transgender, or even possibly men who are extremely feminine.
[post=339316]Quoted post[/post]​
In the early stages, every fetus (the modernized American spelling) looks similar, but they are not all female. Gender is actually determined by the sperm. Females have two X chromosomes, males have an X and a Y. The mother can contribute only an X chromosome; the father can contribute either X or Y. If it is a Y, the baby will be male. There are, of course, genetic abnormalities which can cause one parent to contribute more than one sex chromosome, but that's another story. The idea that all start out as female stems from the fact that before differentiation is complete, they look similar. :) At even earlier stages, they all look like a brine shrimp - good thing women don't have to go home and announce that they gave birth to seafood.

FWIW, my left ring finger is longer than the index, right ring finger shorter than index, size 13 shoes, born right on schedule, statistically completely average cock, and I am gay. (I also hate to shop, have less than zero decorating sense, and would rather rebuild a car engine than go to a nightclub.)

P. S. As for testosterone injections - for anyone who has not completely finished maturing physically, hormone supplementation can be extremely dangerous, unless there is already some underlying pathology such as undeveloped testes. It can cause skeletal abnormalities and massive damage to internal organs, especially the liver and heart.

Cosota

Experimental Member
Media
I watched a television program -sorry I cannot cite a more respectable source of information!- in BBC One recently, about the differences between men and women. The subject of testosterone level before birth and the ratio between ring and index finger were at the forefront of the program.
They showed a test with seven male athletes competing in a race. This doctor who has been studying the correlation between testosterone levels and finger length was able to predict correctly which of the athletes were going to arrive in first, second, fifth, sixth and seventh place (he got the 3rd and 4th places the wrong way round) just by measuring their index and ring fingers. He did this based on the theory that the more testosterone you get while in the womb the more efficient your cardiovascular system is and the more likely you are at doing well at some sports.

In the same program they mentioned that the more testosterone in the womb the more likely you are to be gay and that gay men seem to have in average bigger penises.

Another fun experiment involved a group of men and women trying to move a bucket full of water from one place to another using a crane. It is argued that men on average can imagine better how a three dimensional object will move. Men did fine in the test and women found it extremely difficult and all knocked down the bucket of water except for one, the one whose ring and index fingers had a more ‘male’ ratio compared to the other women.

They also conducted other experiments that seemed to conclude that women are better at reading other people’s emotions, are less competitive than men and many other things I cannot remember.

The tone of the program was quite light-hearted and suggested that the experiments and conclusions should be taken with a pinch of salt and that in all this type of experiments is difficult to determine how much the results have to do with nature and how much with nurture. Still it was fun to watch.

smallguy

Just Browsing
Media
testosterone does play a key role in developement, i should know i was born with klinefelter syndrome which basically means undeveloped testicles and also micropenis, but i grew up in the country and never went to the doctor, when i was born i was circumcized which i was told later that the doctor strongly was against because he told my mother that my penis was quite a bit undersized , but said that i would probably be fine, my mom wanted me to look like my dad thats what she said to the doctor when he said i shouldn't be circumsized, we were pretty poor so i never went to the doctor really, only for the flu or a bad earache, but i always knew i was seriously undersized even right away in grade school mine didn't look anything like the other boys in gym so i just kinda hid it from everyone the best i could . then we moved to the city when i was about 14 ! then i started to date and by the time i was sixteen i decided i better go to the doctor cause nothin had grown and i still didn't have any hair down there! thats when i found out about my condition, so i had to get testoterone replacement to grow some hair and function normally for sex! oh in case your wondering why i'm even here i just always been envious of guys with big ones and wanted to here what its like to have a big one and read some of the womens experiences to! I haven't posted much cause alot of the topics don't apply to me cause of my size, oh and for the record i was 2 weeks premature , but i doubt that it had anything to do with it

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I thought Klinefelter also meant sterility and larger mammary glands. It's your basic genetic disorder where a male has more than one X chromosome.

These genetic disorders can be interesting. Back in the 60s, Richard Speck claimed he was an XYY in an attempt at an insanity plea. Turned out he was a regular XY.

smallguy

Just Browsing
Media
well sometimes it leads to mammary glands, they grew very slightly for me so i was lucky there , but very unlucky as far as the size of my penis and testicles go, didn't really grow much , so as far as sex goes its pretty difficult and usually when it comes to it women see how tiny it is and freak out, i've been turned down several times and have been laughed at a few times, i don't really think some of them ment to laugh and hurt my feeling , but it just shocked them and they didn't really know how to react, but there were a few that definitely didn't care about sparing my feelings

DanielForever

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:spank: Knight and i saw a TV show the other day that said that the ring/index finger corelation is an idication of testosterone levels

- its a fact

but testosterone doesn't build a big penis, it does build hair loss, bad attitudes, square jaws, wide shoulders and road rage

Originally posted by smallguy@Sep 5 2005, 01:16 PM
well sometimes it leads to mammary glands, they grew very slightly for me so i was lucky there , but very unlucky as far as the size of my penis and testicles go, didn't really grow much , so as far as sex goes its pretty difficult and usually when it comes to it women see how tiny it is and freak out, i've been turned down several times and have been laughed at a few times, i don't really think some of them ment to laugh and hurt my feeling , but it just shocked them and they didn't really know how to react, but there were a few that definitely didn't care about sparing my feelings
[post=340859]Quoted post[/post]​

I have read that testosterone in the womb at key times and also the lower levels of testosterone pre-puberty are important to male physical and psychological development including penis size. Testosterone during puberty is also key. Supplementation during puberty can increase penis size according to most authorities, but NOT after puberty. I was tested at age of 58 and found very low normal. This comports with my laid back, non-aggressive complacent personality, small cock, very slow late puberty, and small 4.5 cock that didn't arrive until I was 25! I was also quite naturally sissyish from a toddler on and had to struggle consciously to present a male "front" or persona. Oddly, I'm above average in size, muscles, co-ordination and sports aptitude. This might indicate that extra female gene or chromosome, is it xyy or xxy? Never been tested. . . kind of expensive. More likely, my mother's amphetamine abuse while my father was in the Navy in WWII interfered with normal development in the womb. Amphetamines (benzadrine) was given out like candy to sailors on watch, etc.

I began supplementing with testosterone about a year ago. The psychological improvement was incredible. My chronic depression evaporated and suddenly I was normally assertive verbally. Suddenly, I enjoyed sparring verbally, a skill that had always eluded me previously. My penis also stopped retracting to nothing, always retaining a bit of inflation due to blood whereas previously. . . well, you don't want to know!