Testosterone anybody??

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by poisonesspimp, Oct 6, 2009.

1. poisonesspimp

poisonesspimp New Member

Hello everyone I just got my results from the doctor. I have felt very low in energy for the past year, and the only thing I figured is that it was my lack of testosterone. I have been very sexually declined for a while. I rarely get erections. I'm young, only 22 and can't believe this happened so early on in life. I have gotten two tests done one in the morning and one around lunch time. The morning test for testosterone serum is 466. My luchtime testosterone serum is at 253. I'm very sure that I am experiencing a lack of testosterone. I then went on to get my lutinizing hormone, FSH, and estradiol tested. lutinizing hormone came up at 2.6mIU/mL, FSH came up at 1.9mIU/mL, and estradiol came up at 17 pg/mL. What i'm looking for is to see if anyone could help me out with this. I want to make sure i'm correct in thinking I have hypogonadism. I am going to an endocrinologist on monday and hopefuly I will get something prescribed. Any of you guys out there willing to help me out with this would be sweet with what I need to do.:cool:Thanks to all in advance!!!!

2. Ric1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    well there's a number of different formats that you can have from implants to gels. It depends on what works for you. patches can cause skin reactions due to the glue on them if one does give a reaction then switch brands if possiable. all i can really said is ask what's avaiable and what's more likely to work for you.

3. dcw4

dcw4 Member

i use testim, I am 49 yrs, and now have constant erections and back acne.
    I have the achingly hard boners, and they are sort of a bother.
    AND every morning, jeez, even when I was young , I never had morning wood like this!

4. poisonesspimp

poisonesspimp New Member

lol! thats awsome man. I was also thinking, do you guys have any experience with clomid or hcg?? If I can use either of those instead of actual gels or injections I would go for it. JUst wondering about these things.

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here we go again...

There are many threads with testosterone questions.
    Testosterone does not have a direct link to erections... so taking testosterone will NOT give you rock hard erections or make your dick bigger......

It will, however SHRINK your balls if you are normally producing testosterone.

Please review the forum - there are many good options available. Use the search function. All your questions will be answered.

At your age, I would not take the advice of a doctor giving you topical testosterone, without KNOWING WHY your body is not producing it naturally!!!

Normal Ranges for an Adult Male:
    Total Testosterone Range: 245-1836 NG/DL
    Free Testosterone Range: 8.8-27.0 PG/ML
    Free Testosterone %: 0.2-0.68%

Estradol Normal Range: 13-54 PG/mL
    Dihydrotestosterone Range: 25-75 pg/mL
    Estrone normal Range: Less than or equal to 68

#5 Rikter8, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. dcw4

dcw4 Member

Well, Riker I didnt know you where a doctor.
    I was just telling of my experience with testim, which is a gel, because
    i have a low or had a low testerone count.

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wasn't discounting you. I was discounting the common mis-conception that testosterone makes one a super lover.

Being a middle age adult may see lower testosterone and have to supplement.

Not that a young 22 yr old doesn't need it, but IMO there's more to the story than just low T-levels.

8. D_Doe_Ray_Mi

D_Doe_Ray_Mi Account Disabled

You can call Sabre Science in Carlsbad, CA @ 888-490-7300 and ask for a docs name and number in your area who will prescribe a 24 hour saliva test to read the fluctuations in all of your hormones compared to normals. Sabre Science will make a custom cream for you to apply transdermally everyday to balance out any deficiencies or excesses. I've used this myself and they have helped many of my patients over the years. They are good people doing good work. You do need to find a good doc to determine why as a young man you're having these imbalances. Check out Sabre Sciences - Home Page

#8 D_Doe_Ray_Mi, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  9. poisonesspimp

poisonesspimp New Member

Thanks to all, does anyone have experience with clomid, hcg, or other drugs that work in a manner that will not be permanent..

10. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:
    About two years ago I was diagnosed with low testosterone and put on a replacement. I now use 7.5 grams of androgel and my cock gets hard when I want it and my mood changes have leveled off. The nice thing is I get morning wood again.

11. poisonesspimp

poisonesspimp New Member

Thats great to know that stuff works well. I'm wondering about my FSH. I think its low and is that a cause of my problems?

12. adamp82

adamp82 New Member

I'm 27 and been dealing with this for about two years and to those who say testosterone has noting to do with erections,,,,, you are wrong. Thats how I discovered I had an issue. Couldn't get it up. My levels were dangerously low. I now take injections that I give myself (no big deal) every two weeks and things seem to be ok now. After I take the shot I must say for the first two or three days I'm as horny as hell.

13. poisonesspimp

poisonesspimp New Member

Hey guys, just went to my new endocrinologist today and though I would fill you guys in. So my doctor says that 253 is normal. Above normal to her even. The low was 241 and the high was 827. Then she goes on to say ill look into and will ge more tests done since its under 300. She mentions testosterone therepy and I hint towards other testosterone boosting treatments. She didn't givve me much info but i'm happy i'm getting more tests done but unhappy that she thinks i'm on the high side. I told her I get just about no erections and I am constantly out of energy which didn't seem to matter much in this. She feels that if there is nothing super wrong with me then we won'tdo anything. I also have a history of early onset of puberty as well as gynecomastia which I know has slighly come back. She then told me it was nothing. So hopefuly the new tests will prove her wrong. It sucks how these doctors are so reluctant to inform ya. According to the other results they are all on the low side of normal..

14. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    At your age you should not be in the bottom of the normal range. Plus that is a range and that does not mean that any random number within that range is normal for YOU. I think you accurately picked up on her attitude and the likelihood of her being very helpful is low. If you are in or near a large city, you probabaly have other options. Did she even examine your breasts and genitals? She should have but I'm guessing she didn't.
    Ideally, you can find someone who specializes in reproductive endocrinology or, even better, reproductive urology. These are the people who deal all day with reproductive hormones and the delicate balancing act between supplementation and fertility which, at your age and being straight, is probably relevant.
    Dave

15. poisonesspimp

poisonesspimp New Member

Well she checked my chest area and did notice some bumps but did say they were not significant enough. She checked my genitals and said I was fine there. Thanks I will go for looking into reproductive urology. I live about 30-60 minutes from washington dc. Ill look for someone. Yeah, the women was real quick and didn't really want to listen to me about the the testosterone. She wants to keep on checking, I think ill look for someone better=)

16. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Man, for a doctor to say that 253 is "normal" for a 22 yr old man is ludicrous, bordering on ignorant. Drop that doc like 3rd Period French and go to a male hormone replacement or life extenstion doc - they are generally the only ones who know or care about hormones and not just what the lab says is "normal" but what is actually optimal ... there's a huge difference. 253 is the level of a 80-90 year old man. She should be ashamed of herself, but she doesn't know enough to even be ashamed.

17. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Apparently you don't either.
    Better read up before you open your mouth.

If you look at the bloodwork, it will give the range levels for your age group. Testosterone has a main function for erections, and drive, but there are many other things that can affect energy and drive.

Stress, depression, anxiety can all affect T-levels, and with removal of those items, T-levels can return to normal. Lack of exercise generally increases estrogen, and t-levels drop.

#17 Rikter8, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  18. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you're an M.D. Major Dick.

Do everyone a favor, find another thread to pop off on, how about.

Draft saved Draft deleted