Testosterone level and penis size

Jim Dangle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hi everyone, i was wondering if testosterone levels and penis size are related? (my nephew is 13 and worried about his size)

thanks, Jim

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Normal testosterone levels during puberty are necessary for penis development, but unless there is a family history of hormone related problems, and/or he seems unusually small for his age, you shouldn't worry about it. Otherwise, at 13 he really should not be worrying about his size. At that age it is perfectly normal for some boys to still be small whilst others are almost adult sized. This is because we don't all hit puberty at the same age. If someone is still small at 15 there may be cause for concern in which case he should see his doctor who may want to check his hormones, but at the moment I think he should forget about such things and concentrate on his school work and keeping fit and well nourished.

HankJo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Isn't there anecdotal evidence that men in prison for violent crimes have very high testosterone levels and big cocks to boot?

D_Alfredo Hites

Account Disabled
Media
i actually read in a college human sexuality textbook from 2002 that gay men may have bigger penises.

if i remember correctly, the theory was something regarding androgen levels. the theory is that supposedly gay men tested had high levels of androgen and and/or bigger penises??? can't remember the details but they could probably be found by googling.

My testosterone levels have always been high, well well above average levels... been tested quiet a few times... have the symptoms of performance enhancing drug user... mood swings, very quick to get worked up/physical, build muscle like there is no tomorrow.... and very average length, a fair bit thicker than anyone I know in real life... but despite all the shit (sometimes shaving twice a day even), I got nothing to benefit me other than fast muscle growth and dodgy hair!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Testosterone is important for a male to grow to his full potential. What you should be watching out for are sterols that mimic the activity of Estrogen. Soy products and plastics are a couple that immediately come to mind. Make sure that he NEVER microwaves anything in plastic containers and to avoid plastic as much as possible... even those small plastic water bottles are harmful.

You sure can give him some of the information found in this forum because a teen at his age can make some serious gains if he follows the directions and does NOT overdo it. There is a newbie routine in a thread that was posted somewhat recently.

D_Earlsomme Eatsprick

Sexy Member
Media
testosterone is responsible for all the sexual characters in male humans and mammals, so for penis development too. Nevertheless, it is not all about the testosterone levels in blood, but also about the density and the activity of the testosterone receptors in the tissue's cells we are interesting in.
For example, a man could having higher levels of testosterone to influence his behaviour, but having at the same time a small penis and not so developed secondary characters, due to the lower density of his testosterone receptors.

Last edited:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll have to get my records, but mine was low. Around 11-12. Ill have to dig out my paperwork to find out what the ranges were.

There's a thread on here about testosterone levels as well... It's not a new conversation, and there are more details poured into other threads.

somebody427

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Asexual
MattBrick:

From my understanding, Male Pattern Baldness is affected by DHT, or Dihydrotestosterone. Interestingly enough, it causes male pattern baldness, but also causes body and facial hair, which explains why many times you'll see really hairy guys who are bald. But different people react differently.

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Androgen receptors in the penis shut down after puberty, so your pubescent nephew still has a ways to go. Only an endocrine test will determine if he's deficient in any hormones for his level of development. HGH or test will probably affect penis size as an adult only if you're deficient in those hormones. There is some anecdotal evidence that topical testosterone may have some effect on adult penis size.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
This is an extremely complicated issue.

All secondary sex characteristics are the result of DHT not common testosterone. The conversion from testosterone to DHT is accomplished by a receptor enzyme called 5-alpha-reductase. If the "5AR" is missing you could give a 55 gallon drum of testosterone as an I.V. and get nothing.

DHT has been "overly vilified" as a cause of male pattern baldness. DHT will only cause hair loss if the person in question has the presence of high DHT levels AND the genetics to allow the hair loss to take place. A person without the genetic markers can take DHT by the gallon and again no effect. It takes both for this to happen.

I did a great deal of research on this subject years ago when working with Gary Griffin. At that time I encountered an MD who was suffering from advanced HIV. That man was the one who discovered that the HIV virus does not do well in a very highly androgenic environment. If that had not been discovered the treatments for the wasting syndrome associated with HIV would have been far less focused on anabolic steroidal combinations.

It was his research that began the liberalization of the use of anabolic steroids in HIV patients. He kept detailed records and also included a great deal of information regarding the prostate and the side effects of the anabolics with regards to these men.

What he discovered in his test sample was that penile size did increase in a small percentage of the test group. There was never any "shrinkage" per se. Testicular size did change as a result of the offset of the pituitary axis. This was easily controlled by periodic administration of a short course of a secondary drug. The prostates of this test group were monitored and there was zero weird growth of the prostate glands on these men disproving that all use of testosterone compounds automatically increases the size of a prostate.

This fellow eventually lost his life to the disease, but Gary Griffin had all the files until his passing and I was able to review these personally. The information in this area was astounding and disproved a great number of the theories we have had drummed in to us.

Another interesting factor was that in the sample there was not one single case of "roid rage".

There is a ton of information out there on this subject, but, so much of it is no longer accurate as to defy description.

The bottom line........Testosterone as a direct ester will not as a whole enlarge a penis. DHT under the right circumstances might have some effect. Research on this is needed, but as a side note the FDA loves incorrect information and hates to be proven wrong, so the research is never done.

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks to those who replied.
Very interesting.
If DHT may have the potential to increase the size of the penis to some degree,
Can taking Proscar also potentially decrease the size of the penis?