Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
(300-827 ng/dl) Is a common range.

My level is 2500 since being on HRT, and Mine has only slightly grown more from PE, not the high androgen levels.
I'm a registered nurse and I hope you know that "consistently" having a testosterone level of 2500 is very dangerous. You may consider "taking a break from" or adjusting your HRT

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm no scholar, but I've heard that testosterone (steroids) decreases penis size.
Actually it's High Levels of testosterone may cause shrinkage of the testicles, not the penis. If levels return to normal, the shrinkage disappears.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media

With regards to the Testosterone level of 2500 on HRT I have seen this as a common when testosterone therapy is used in HIV. While most private insurance will cover the transdermals not all will. The most common ester used in male HRT unfortunately is Depo which is Cypionate. Cypionate has peaks and valleys that are very significant. If the blood draw was taken near a peak, one can get outrageous readings and many doing this these days take that into consideration. A valley may be in the 700-800 range and the idea here was to keep things in the upper end of the range. Again having been the one giving the Depo shots as a volunteer I have seen this and it is not as unusual as one would think.

valvguy1

Just Browsing
Media
INteresting. Here's my theory from my experience.

I was very late to mature and at 25 was determined to be completely sterile. At 40 I was diagnosed as "having the testosterone level of an 80 yo man". Now I receive 1cc of 200mg depo testosterone every 2 weeks IM. My size........ 6" X 4.75 increased to 7 X 5 through PE. I often have wondered if my growth was stunted as a result of too low of a level of testosterone. Flacid I certainly didn't attain the same size as my Father. I also didn't attain the height level that I was predicted to grow to. Who knows.

I would say that the nephew might want to be tested. 13 is pretty young, however, it is true that after puberty that testosterone will have no effect - such as those with Micro Penis. It would be a shame for the window to pass without supplementation if it is needed. I also think that GPs will have a general tendency to make the assumption that unless the boy is Micro that he will attain whatever size he is genetically disposed to attain. Unfortunately, in a low T individual we will never know what they were truely genetically programmed for. See an Endocrinologist for testing.

Here are some things that I can tell you that I find interesting about Low T levels. With the IM injection that I get I have a very high initial level that tapers off over a 2 week period. While the length stays the same for me I most certainly do notice a circumference difference according to T level. Also........ I can attest to the testicular attrophy that occurs with T supplementation. I've noticed it. My wife has noticed it. After a year of therapy I am headed to the dr soon for more testing and an orchidometer check. It'll be interesting to see the results of that testing.

One more thing that just occurred to me. Women have a different set of side effects from T supplementation. Along with increased drive and hair growth they also can experience clitoral enlargment. I wonder why the clitoral tissue would be responsive to T threapy and yet Penile tissue is not. LOL......... guess we just got screwed again fellow Genitally Challenged guys.

key_largo

Just Browsing
Media
I'm just looking at some test results and it sais that my testosterone level is 803.8 ng/dl. That's rather high (280-800 ng/dl) but my size is average (7x5), so in my case there is no relation between those two. (wish there was though :p)