Testosterone Levels

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
I have never been tested, but my primary sexual charachteristics (sex organs) are above average, while the secondary ones, with the exception of the deep voice, are not that strong: I have little body hair, much curly hair on the head, little body mass (though at 6.1 i am pretty tall).

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In the fall had a physical with a full screening of my blood - the doctor discovered I had low testosterone and was put on a testosterone replacement. Men with low testosterone can develop a number of problems such as

muscle loss

osteoporosis

low libido

depression

heart attacks

and general decrease in overall health

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A few years back I was dragging my ass and went to the Doctor. Low testosterone level. On supplementary shots....WOW constantly horny and full of pep...what a wonder.
Then the psa level started edging up and bingo guess who has the very early stage of prostate cancer.
Not sure if there is a connection BUT Im not as enamoured now as I was. Screw around with hormones and there may be a consequence.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A few years back I was dragging my ass and went to the Doctor. Low testosterone level. On supplementary shots....WOW constantly horny and full of pep...what a wonder.
Then the psa level started edging up and bingo guess who has the very early stage of prostate cancer.
Not sure if there is a connection BUT Im not as enamoured now as I was. Screw around with hormones and there may be a consequence.
FYI,,supplemental testosterone does NOT cause prostate cancer or an increase in PSA levels.....althoug, if there is an underlying prostate cancer, supplemental test will make it apparent. It's standard procedure to test a PSA level about 2-4 weeks after starting supplemental testosterone

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Exercise is one way for men to build up their testosterone levels naturally. It is a great source of trt. High stress over prolonged periods will drop your hormone level too. It will also kill your desire for sex.

BTW Proudly Italian, I read an article years ago about a study that had been done. It found that boys who had unusually high levels of testosterone upon entering puberty tended to be tall, have small frames, little to no body hair, and larger than average endowments.

Last edited:

JMeister

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Testosterone supplementation will increase BPH but it iwill not cause prostate cancer although it will accelerate the growth of it if present.

Some doctors used to perform a prostate biopsy before starting men on supplementation but now that's considered to be a bit too aggressive so they usually just watch it and biopsy if the PSA level is out of the normal range.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Industrialsize, FYI I didn't say it caused it!
Though you seem quite certain, doctors are not sure that there isn't a contributing link .
FYI psa was tested regularly and didn't vary for three years then crept up. When you stop taking supplements your psa does drop (fact). Ultra sounds don't always show anything. Biopsys are more definitive.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Have a work out buddy/grood friend- about 5 months ago he had hsi usual blood work- and bingo! low testosterone was discovered- he laughe as it all made sense to him...his drive was "gone", depressesion (I had noticed he wasn't his usual self but had no idea why), he mentioned being drowsy after meals (and baffled) and saw him less and less at the gym, he had put on weight, his whole demeanor was 'low'....(and as this is LPSG he does have a nice package,,,) well the doctor put him on a daily cream? (he showed me once like a shiny mayo packet) but his insurance coverage was like 150$ month for the stuff- so he takes a weekly shot (5$) but laughingly told me he is a big baby about it (you do it in the muscle he said....I have even noticed a light bruise)

anyhow the change has been surprising- I see him at the gym a lot more, he is talkative and out going....hell have even seen him 'sport wood' in the shower- he said he coudn't remember waking up hard before...now every mornign starts of right...

just amazed at how much it helped this guy...he was a nice guy but then faded...now...look out! (he has gained muscle,lost weight and even I can see more 'furr' on him...

told him he should do an ad

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've written about this already in a few other threads. About 2 years ago I pretty much lost my libido. At first I thought it was "just stress," but after several months the situation didn't improve. About 18 months ago I started getting depressed, and have been depressed ever since. I just don't seem to be able to enjoy life anymore. It's as if my ability to experience sexual pleasure is connected to my ability to experience any kind of pleasure.

So I had my testosterone levels checked. They were within the normal range, but at the low end of the normal range, so my doctor told me that low testoserone wasn't my problem. After a year went by with no improvement, he tested my levels again. They are lower than last year, but still in the normal range. I have a referral to see an endocrinologist, but I haven't been able to get through to his assistant to make the appointment. I understand that he's booked up until the end of the year, so it may be a while longer before I have any answers.

I don't exactly want to be diagnosed with low testosterone--among other things, I'm concerned about the side-effects of TRT--but I also hate the thought of living the rest of my life feeling this way, so the thought that TRT might make me feel better is very tempting.

Exercise is one way for men to build up their testosterone levels naturally. It is a great source of trt. High stress over prolonged periods will drop your hormone level too. It will also kill your desire for sex.

I've also wondered if my problems are the result of prolonged high stress (say for 2-3 years when the problem began, going on 4-5 years now, although the stess isn't as bad now as it was a couple of years ago). I also have to confess that I don't exercise. I know I should, but I really don't enjoy it, even less so now than before. Getting through the day is hard enough as it is. I just don't have the energy or motivation to do more.

JMeister

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... I also have to confess that I don't exercise. I know I should, but I really don't enjoy it, even less so now than before. Getting through the day is hard enough as it is. I just don't have the energy or motivation to do more.

Of course it is when you have low testosterone. If you are at the low end of normal for a 37 year old many 'man' doctors would put you on TRT.

What are the side effects of TRT? A little BPH and accelerated balding?

On the other hand given the long term stress it could be that your adrenals are burned out as well. Have you been tested for this?

Had mine tested as I thought they were low but they were abnormally high. I felt sluggish and lost a little libido but it comes back like a champ and only goes now and then. Not sure what caused this but it wasn't my testosterone levels.

spfldstyler

Just Browsing
Media
Hi Guys
I had symptoms of low T, sluggish, memory loss, low libido, depression, weight gain etc, so when it was time for my yearly physical, I asked my DR to order a Testosterone test. The results came back with me being on the low end of normal, around 300. Here's an interesting thing, my DR said that normal range is from 240-1200. How does that sound for being "normal?" Anyway, he would not prescribe anything for me, so I did some research on line for testosterone creams or injections. I wanted a prescription and did not want to get into anything illegal or black market. I found a product called Restorin. It is made in Mexico and after an on line medical evaluation, you are given prescription and can buy the product legally. Has anyone ever heard of Restorin or know anyone who has used it? The site is www.restorin.com Thanks for any info as I haven't ordered it yet.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi Guys
I had symptoms of low T, sluggish, memory loss, low libido, depression, weight gain etc, so when it was time for my yearly physical, I asked my DR to order a Testosterone test. The results came back with me being on the low end of normal, around 300. Here's an interesting thing, my DR said that normal range is from 240-1200. How does that sound for being "normal?" Anyway, he would not prescribe anything for me, so I did some research on line for testosterone creams or injections. I wanted a prescription and did not want to get into anything illegal or black market. I found a product called Restorin. It is made in Mexico and after an on line medical evaluation, you are given prescription and can buy the product legally. Has anyone ever heard of Restorin or know anyone who has used it? The site is www.restorin.com Thanks for any info as I haven't ordered it yet.

I'm in the same boat. My doctor says the normal range is 200-1600. But as I understand it, different doctors/labs define the normal range differently. There's no universally agreed upon standard. The last time I got tested, my doctor told me that he had consulted with an endocrinologist, who told him that experts are reconsidering where to set the low end, and are beginning to treat men with levels below 300. He gave me a referral to the endocrinologist, but I haven't been able to get an appointment yet.

I don't know anything about restorin, but I wouldn't mess with hormone therapy without a physician's advice and supervision. If its the wrong treatment for you, you could really mess yourself up. I would suggest seeing another doctor for a second opinion first, or go to an endocrinologist if you can. Good luck.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The only way to go with testosterone therapy is by injection into the buttock muscles.--- Alternating sides with each injection. The frequency of injections, the size of each injection is controlled by a physician. Over-dosing can cause trouble (cancer) for the prostate. Frequent PSA tests, semi-annually or annually, should be the standard operating procedure when dealing with testosterone therapy. Don't play around with foreign made stuff where there is no control by the U. S. FDA. Make sure that a urologist or general physician is involved in any testosterone therapy.

I have been injected with testosterone cypionate for at least fifteen years. At first, at 28 day inervals, later at 21 day intervals, now at 14 day intervals.
this coming Tuesday will be my "pain_in-the -ass day". Blood tests and PSA tests are done at six-month intervals. My last PSA reading was at 1.9 . Pretty good for an ancient-aged member of LPSG. Hornyness is a side-effect of this therapy. I think that most guys here can figure-out how to solve that problem. My Doc says to "solve " it about five times a week!

A note to the wise: If you are having a PSA test done, avoid any ejaculating for about four (4) days before the blood-draw. Otherwise the reading might not be accurate. I made that mistake once, and I had to submit to the test a second time after getting a scary reading. An ill-timed ejac resulted in that scare. :wink:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I probably need to have my levels tested. It's probably why I can't grow a full beard. :rolleyes:

dude, i LOVE your avatar!!!! I almost hyperventilated the first time I saw the Hand Banana.

I didnt grow a full beard till i was 30 so I wouldnt loose sleep over it. I get my levels tested ever 12 months when they do my TSH, fT3, fT4, TPO, ChoL and all that fun stuff.