Testosterone Supplements?

unknown_rican

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello,

Where can I buy testosterone or possibly get something over the counter to help in that department? I know I saw something on the forum about working-out products that naturally enhanced testosterone levels?

Last edited:

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
Google "Natural Ways to Boost Testosterone". You'll find a number of articles.

To summarize, stop drinking so damn much, get more sleep, have more sex, eat better (good fats, forget "low carb", eat broccoli and peanuts), lift weights (work legs especially)

Hardballin

Experimental Member
Media
Google "Natural Ways to Boost Testosterone". You'll find a number of articles.

To summarize, stop drinking so damn much, get more sleep, have more sex, eat better (good fats, forget "low carb", eat broccoli and peanuts), lift weights (work legs especially)
good way to summarize that questions.

i also say take zinc. i hear now on this forum every other day though! which sounds good to me. I noticed when I took more zinc, i would just shit a lot more. so that was probably my body trying to get rid of the excess. hah

facial hair is definitely genetic, my buddy hairy back and his very hairy face correlate cuz he is a small dweeby guy.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
With regards to actual testosterone, in many locations this is a Class III controlled substance and possession of this without a written Rx or physicians order can get you nailed for possession of illegal drugs. This is not world wide however and there are locations where you can purchase this OTC. The problem is that you would have to spend a great deal of time in those locations because importing this back into the U.S.. or some other countries would again bring in law enforcement.

For many years plant based sterols were not active in animal life. Then we learned how to use new techniques and this was changed. For a period of time we then had what were called "pro-hormones".

In 2005 the FDA changed the rules and what they did was so sweeping as to be idiotic.

They changed the definition of what is a supplement and what is a drug. They did not bother to actually do anything other than to do this definition change. For a time these activated plant sterols were very effective.

The new definition ignores the ingredients but bases classification on the effect of the chemical compound.

If the compound in question has the ability to have an effect on things at a cellular level which would be the case with any legitimate hormone or activated plant sterol it is now re-classified as a drug and therefore requires a prescription.

If you feel that your testosterone levels are legitimately low there are saliva based test kits which are cheap and can be done via the U.S. mail. The accuracy is subject to change with many variables, but it will give you some idea. Usually these kits give you some idea what the levels should be for a male in your age group. If you find things to be substantially lower than normal range then you can go and discuss the matter with your MD. Odds however are pretty good that you will be turned down even if your hormone panels resemble those of a female simply because most do not want to get involved with male HRT.

Also remember that just straight testosterone would not be what is necessary anyway. Male secondary sex characteristics are developed by DHT and not regular testosterone.

That must be made by a compounding pharmacy to be given in a reasonable dose.

Best of Luck

glowfish

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There are no known supplements that will boost testosterone levels, it's all marketing hype with no scientific support. Which is good, because anything that did raise testosterone levels significantly would result in any of the same side effects as anabolic steroids and would require all the same safety checks and considerations, such as needing to control a rise in estrogen (the aromatase enzyme converts testosterone to estrogen) and having to buffer for HPTA shutdown (what leads to ball-shrinkage in steroid users).

edit: FuzzyKen's post was really good, get your test levels checked by a doc or at home via a salivary test (and then see a doc, don't rely on self-diagnosis) and see what your options are if anything's low.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It wont hurt to naturally increase your testosterone:

1. Start working out
2. Stop drinking/smoking