testosterone supplements

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
Low levels of testosterone in young guys isn't just an event. There is a cause behind it and it can be important to determine what it is. Unfortunately, that can be a complex hit-or-miss proposition. In the case that the testes are just not up to the job, supplementation/replacement is important.

In my case, my T levels dropped below 300 quite rapidly quite a number of years ago. This coincided with me developing a whole set of seemingly unrelated problems. I went on injections of tesosterone cypionate and they helped with libido and energy but not the other stuff. Twelve, yes twelve, years later I was diagnosed with chonic Lyme disease. Getting treated with long-term antibiotics cleared up most of my other diagnoses (asthma, arthritis, BPH, apnea, "vertigo of unkown etiology," apthous ulcers, angular stomatitis, chronic fatigue, night sweats, disorientation.....). I was a MESS and now am basically well other than still taking maintenance antibiotics.

We decided to take me off T and try hCG to see if we could jump-start my pituitary gland, which sends a chemical signal to the testes to produce stestostrone and sperm. It worked in that it got my T level up but it would not stay up if I went off the hCG. What this suggests is that the Lyme disease affected my pituitary gland. We made a decision for me to stay on HCG, as everything just seems to be better on it, rather than T. Interestingly, switching to hCG brought my PSA down to 1.

I have posted on a website called lymenet.org for a number of years and my anecdotal observation is that almost all male lymies have low testosterone, be they sixeen or sixty, and almost all (again, young or old)have had problems with prostatitis.

So, externally introduced testosterone can definitely help guys who are already low. Among guys I have known, the injections seem to be more reliable than the gel. If possible, learning the underlying cause and treating it can have many benefits.

Dave
im in my 40"s and seemingly my test level is at an all time low.my physician claimed it was stress related ..thats total bullshit,as im about as stress free as they come.i know it can be a variety of things and im surely gonna get to the source of the problem.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Low levels of testosterone in young guys isn't just an event. There is a cause behind it and it can be important to determine what it is. Unfortunately, that can be a complex hit-or-miss proposition. In the case that the testes are just not up to the job, supplementation/replacement is important.
Dave

Exactly dave.

Every Persons "optimum testosterone level" is different.
AND, other external/internal issues can affect it.
Depression can KILL testosterone levels quickly.

What may make me energetic at say 200 may be way low for others.
My testosterone levels were off the low end of the scale.

Have your doctor prescribe something to give you a boost, however also ask what he thinks is causing the problem.

You don't pour bars stop leak powder in your radiator to band aid it, you find the leak and repair it.

C

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GavSned your life is harming the human race. Do us all a favour and end it. You talk complete shit. Gay men have male hormones. Because they are male. And I'm sure IndustrialSize's cock is much bigger than yours. How do you explain that? If you obviously have superior hormones and he has none?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks, Kot and SLB... what I'm really trying to do here is point out that this guy, who obviously knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about hormones, steroids, and human sexual physiology. He is posting as if he is knowledgeable, and posting complete bullshit ON A SUPPORT SITE THAT MAY BE READ BY IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG MEN. I really hate to think that some 16 or 17 or 18 year old young man with body-image issues would read this, take that idiot's advice, and do something harmful to his own body. This is a support site; we should NOT allow such disinformation to go unchallenged.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That was an asinine, homophobic thing for GavSned to say.

But he's right about the Tribulus Terrestris. It is an effective way to safely raise test levels in healthy males. It is an herbal supplement. I tried it because my friend had tested low for testosterone and raved about what it did for him. Well... after 3 weeks taking it I was a raging sex manic! I stopped it and had blood work done and it turned out my natural test levels are in the high normal range. I think the herb pushed me into the high, high range!

A supplement is by definition an enhanser, and to be fair, the idiot did not say that Tribulus Terrestris is a "an actual direct source of testosterone".

You can buy it at GNC or many other "health food" type pharmacy's.

And btw- a lot of what GNC sells is snake oil. At inflated prices.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
But he's right about the Tribulus Terrestris. It is an effective way to safely raise test levels in healthy males. It is an herbal supplement.
It is an herbal dietary supplement. It is not, as he posted, a testosterone supplement.
A supplement is by definition an enhanser.
A supplement, by definition, is NOT an enhancer. Yes, that's all semantics and definitions, but in this context, the definitions and semantics are important. A vitamin supplement contains vitamins, a protein supplement contains protein, an herbal supplement contains herbs, and a testosterone supplement contains testosterone.

This is a support site. Not everyone who reads it is an educated individual. Not everyone who reads it is a member, nor of age. Giving reckless and inaccurate information in this forum is just not acceptable.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It is an herbal dietary supplement. It is not, as he posted, a testosterone supplement.A supplement, by definition, is NOT an enhancer. Yes, that's all semantics and definitions, but in this context, the definitions and semantics are important. A vitamin supplement contains vitamins, a protein supplement contains protein, an herbal supplement contains herbs, and a testosterone supplement contains testosterone.

This is a support site. Not everyone who reads it is an educated individual. Not everyone who reads it is a member, nor of age. Giving reckless and inaccurate information in this forum is just not acceptable.

Yes, I stand corrected. You are right. Technically and by defination a supplement would contain the actual steroid, vitamin or herb. But in the marketplace and in common usage, it does not work that way.

For example when you buy L-Arginine, it is sold as a supplement. It is a pure amino acid which occurs naturally in our bodies. When you buy an herbal supplement, you are getting a substance that supposedly helps (or enhanses) the body in some way. It may or may not contain compounds that are in the body naturally.

Testosterone is an anabolic steroid and is marketed as such. Is is controlled substance, sold by perscription or illegally on the black market. Look on the internet at sites selling or promoting testosterone. You won't find them calling steroids "supplements".

In the marketplace, supplements are sold over the counter. Steroids are not- you need a perscription.

Look here- http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/ds-oview.html#what for information about how the U.S. FDA defines supplements.

And here- http://www.drugabuse.gov/ResearchReports/Steroids/anabolicsteroids2.html for information about how the National Institute on Drug Abuse defines anabolic steroids and steroidal supplements.

When the OP asked for info about testosterone supplements, my mind went to herbals and such.
But in your first post you started recommending some form of test- "I'm not sure about "supplements." Regardless of the delivery method, (oral, injectable, transdermal/gel) you could try something that delivers about 35mg/day. No, wait, that's not right... maybe it depends on if you are using testosterone cypionate, testosterone enanthate, or testosterone propionate... no, that's not right, either.

Never mind."

Not with standing the "never mind" at the end, recommending anabolic steroids without knowing the OP's needs or being a doctor, is not responsible.

As you said in your last post- "Giving reckless and inaccurate information in this forum is just not acceptable." I agree.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
has anyone here tried testesterone supplements?im in need of a little BOOST!and thinking they might help.:confused:

If you are going to go down the route of taking testosterone, go and see your doctor first. Don't act on advice you recieve from the internet. Steroids are useful medical compounds, but they are very powerful and not to be taken lightly.

Talk to your doctor please.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
When the OP asked for info about testosterone supplements, my mind went to herbals and such.
But in your first post you started recommending some form of test- "I'm not sure about "supplements." Regardless of the delivery method, (oral, injectable, transdermal/gel) you could try something that delivers about 35mg/day. No, wait, that's not right... maybe it depends on if you are using testosterone cypionate, testosterone enanthate, or testosterone propionate... no, that's not right, either.

Never mind."

Not with standing the "never mind" at the end, recommending anabolic steroids without knowing the OP's needs or being a doctor, is not responsible.

As you said in your last post- "Giving reckless and inaccurate information in this forum is just not acceptable." I agree.
Which is precisely why I posted it that way. Not one single person, besides myself, challenged the advice on dosage or formulation in my post. I made the statement, then negated it - specifically because it was horrible advice. Not one single comment about my advice to consult an endocrinologist (or even a GP), not a single comment about any of my posts - except where I say "it's bad practice to advocate non-medically-necessary steroid usage to the ill-informed." And I get flamed for it.

Don't believe for a second that there aren't underage males reading these fora. They are. Even if they aren't posting, they are reading. Some are lying about their age and posting, asking for advice. They really do need to understand that when needed, exogenous testosterone can save lives. When treated as a recreational/cosmetic drug it can kill. Again, I'll say that encouraging (even by "not discouraging") experimental usage is not exactly ethical.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Which is precisely why I posted it that way. Not one single person, besides myself, challenged the advice on dosage or formulation in my post. I made the statement, then negated it - specifically because it was horrible advice. Not one single comment about my advice to consult an endocrinologist (or even a GP), not a single comment about any of my posts - except where I say "it's bad practice to advocate non-medically-necessary steroid usage to the ill-informed." And I get flamed for it.

Don't believe for a second that there aren't underage males reading these fora. They are. Even if they aren't posting, they are reading. Some are lying about their age and posting, asking for advice. They really do need to understand that when needed, exogenous testosterone can save lives. When treated as a recreational/cosmetic drug it can kill. Again, I'll say that encouraging (even by "not discouraging") experimental usage is not exactly ethical.

Sorry Deep, I really didn't mean to flame you. Sorry you took it that way. I just think you made a mistake and as this is a medical issue, it is important to very careful. You are right about young men reading these posts and the need to be careful. We aren't doctors.

I think would have been better for you to erase that post, not just negate it.

I just re-read your posts and I can't find where you mentioned consulting an endocrinologist or a GP. Which one was it?

Likewise I can't find the sentence you quoted above- "it's bad practice to advocate non-medically-necessary steroid usage to the ill-informed."

I really looked and can't find them. But I am slightly dyslexic and sometimes miss things. Could you please point them out to me? Thanks

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry Deep, I really didn't mean to flame you. Sorry you took it that way. I just think you made a mistake and as this is a medical issue, it is important to very careful. You are right about young men reading these posts and the need to be careful. We aren't doctors.

I think would have been better for you to erase that post, not just negate it.

I just re-read your posts and I can't find where you mentioned consulting an endocrinologist or a GP. Which one was it?

Likewise I can't find the sentence you quoted above- "it's bad practice to advocate non-medically-necessary steroid usage to the ill-informed."

I really looked and can't find them. But I am slightly dyslexic and sometimes miss things. Could you please point them out to me? Thanks
I didn't take it as a flame, vince, I was just explaining. My references to endocrinologists is likely in several of the 15 or so other posts about recreational steroid use.

Do any of the advocates think 35mg/per day is not enough? Just right? Too much? Are cypionate, enanthate, or propionate interchangeable? Do they do the same thing? Do they have the same biological activity? Clearance rates? Toxicity? Drug interactions? Does eating grapefruit along with it change its bioavailability?

That's what I was pointing out in post #3. And still, none of the advocates have answered me.

By the way, gentlemen, none of the herbal supplements are regulated. Some have moderately good labeling and consistency, others may not even contain the listed product(s). And some herbal supplements can have very strong interactions with pharmaceuticals. Just because it says "herbal" on the label, that doesn't mean it's safe in all situations.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
By the way, gentlemen, none of the herbal supplements are regulated. Some have moderately good labeling and consistency, others may not even contain the listed product(s). And some herbal supplements can have very strong interactions with pharmaceuticals. Just because it says "herbal" on the label, that doesn't mean it's safe in all situations.

Your right about that. The friend who I referred to in my first post, subsquently took another brand of Tribulus and had no results from it. It probably had none of the active ingredients.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
listen most of the ppl here wantin to give advice are gay no offence but they dont have male hormones other wise they wouldnt be gay

"Listen most of the people here who are giving advice are gay and no offence, but, they don't have male hormones, because if they did they would not be gay."

If you learn to speak English, call me, because I don't feel that I should have to spend my time deciphering whatever language you are using.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your right about that. The friend who I referred to in my first post, subsquently took another brand of Tribulus and had no results from it. It probably had none of the active ingredients.
:biggrin1: When I worked in an institution that did pharmaceutical research, one of my colleagues did "herbal/pharmaceutical" interactions research. Of course, before she could test any of the herbals, she had to analyze them. The discrepancies between brands, and even between batches of some brands, was mind-boggling. And prior to working there, and seeing her data, I really did not have a clue how much some of those things interact. It gave me a new perspective. It's also the reason I urge people to educate themselves - fully - before taking any supplements, and especially before taking any pharmaceuticals without a doctor's prescription and supervision.

Yes, something as simple as eating a grapefruit can render your life-saving medications inactive or overactive.

Gavs

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sorry i take my comment back it was totally out of order as iam not agaisnt gays, my first post got totally miss read, when i was trying to say that (tribullus is a supplement to boost natural test levels,) and Test enanthate and others injectables mentoined where steroids), but dc-deep continued to argue with that, i really dont know why, i never really targeted him sayin hes wrong and never tried to make him look stupid i just simply corrected him by sayin hes lookin for a supplement not a steroid.... thats when i used a stupid comment, listen i know i was wrong for saying it,, but iam telling you ive been bodybuilding in brittian for years and have competed many of times and supplements are part of my life, and also Gear, iam not tryin to prove you wrong dc_deep, but when he ask for a Test booster you answerd with Test enanthat and etc, which are not booster these are artificial hormones, and i simply answerd his question with giving him what he wanted to know, by offering a supplement, listen i dont ythink what i did was write in slagging gays but i do 100 % think my advice was right
sorry DC_Deep and the rest i have offended
thanks for your time